VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Aisin Tiptronic Transmission Life

31K views 72 replies 29 participants last post by  jddaigle 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

What would you say is the life expectancy of the Aisin Tiptronic Transmission? Just wondering how long they hold up...

#63 · (Edited)
Inexpensive fluid

Aisin brand ATF for Aisin AT, (meets VW spec)

about $6-7/l

autohaus

(also available at mypartsgarage, but I can't seem to post an active link)

had my fluid changed (along with the valve body under the extended warranty) at 80K miles. Will do a fluid change myself next summer at 120K. Full fluid load is 7l, with change, you only remove about 3l. With fluid available this inexpensively, I'm tempted to buy 12l, drain, fill, run for a few minutes, drain again, refill, run, repeat until the fluid coming out looks as clean as the fluid going in.

#69 ·
yeah that's better. You know, I hate to say this because it will probably come back and bite me in the ass, but it is hard to believe that my car has almost 100K on it now. It looks like new (except for some small pinprickdings from flying debris on road trips. The car has been garaged always. At home and at work and it has been waxed every november.

It also drives like new. Sure, maybe it has lost some power due to wear and tear, but I get no rattles, vibrations, etc. hought would be looking to trade by this time, but I don't see a reason to.

#73 ·
Here's a good DIY guide—based on that you can decide whether it's something you want to tackle yourself or let a shop deal with it:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.