VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Show me your: Strut/Stress Bars (front, rear, lower)

50K views 85 replies 31 participants last post by  JF_T 
#1 · (Edited)
So show me your strut bars. I know there are lots of different manufactures: neuspeed, abd, eibach, RSD (wiechers), OMP but I've never seen one comprehensive thread showing all of them. Also if know please post whether it was purchased as a G60/VR6/16V/8V I know a lot of the european companies just show one generic picture that never matches what the application is.

Here are a couple to start the thread off:

The G60 ABD Bar:

Neuspeed G60 Bar:

Autotech (old style) I think its a Mk2 because it has longer sections after the bends.

My modded (quick release) Neuspeed Rear G60 Bar:

See less See more
#8 ·
I've always been a fan of the Eibach flat strut brace :thumbup:

I've got a polished alloy JOM one on my Corrado - designed to fit a 16V/G60...

...BUT most front upper strut braces (if not all) are designed for LHD Corrados, thus not fitting properly on RHD C's (like mine :( )

#12 ·
I like the OMP Mk2 4point lower bar, but I think it would interfere with the IC pipes.

I think (not certain because I'm no engineer) that this would really stiffen up the front end.

One of these days I'll probably just get this wiechers lower bar (I like its construction more than the Eurosport lower bar):

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

from EPP in steel or aluminum:: http://www.europeanperformanceprodu...Corrado.html/MSsid/eoit86vv0j2qv95n4be521ji76

#19 ·
Yes. Prototype so I can get my centers right. That is extruded ABS from a FDM machine.

Especially if you turn it upside down and see that it's kinked at the down bend.
On that note, with the bar on the 93 I used a 3.5lb rubber mallet to dent the bar where the coolant reservoir is. It took a crap ton of heavy blows to barely dent it. That bar is much stronger than it looks.

I paid like $130 for a new one year's ago... I've also paid $350 for a used one. It is by far the best looking bar imho. I'm all about the bolt ons and good looks...I apply that to cars too. :D

#33 ·

Dont mind the horrible dirty camera phone pics :laugh:

The bar part is actually pretty damn nice, but the strut hats openings are way too small to fit the corrado.. I cut the hell out of them to try to make them fit, but its worthless.. It wont get you anywhere.. A local Drunk with a grey Corrado has some autotech hats fitted to his C with no bar and I may go and try to see if the Nissan bar would fit. :thumbup:

Also..

This guy seems to have a well made one.. no idea of what brand it is..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.