VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Blow Off Valve

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  bryangb 
#1 ·
I recently ordered a cheap BOV off of ebay and went to my mechanic to have it installed today. Upon going there he told me i didn't have a diverter valve on my 2009 gti stock and it was some electrical thing so i wouldn't be able to put it on. :thumbdown: is this true? or is there a diff bov that will work or a different method to do this.
thanks

#6 ·
if you have a gti then you should have a diverter valve. In this case, you would only need to get a diverter valve spacer (like from forge) to get the woosh sound that im assuming that you are looking for.

Send that bov back from which it came.

#7 ·
Tell your mechanic thank you and then stop buying garbage to bolt onto your car.

#8 · (Edited)

If you're serious, tell that mechanic to eat a d-, and then find a mechanic who has done some work/research on VW's, since he doesn't know what he's talking about. You've got a DV. It's near your turbo. If you want the wooooooosh sound, install a forge DV spacer. Get rid of the BOV because it's not good for your engine (you end up losing the power the turbo worked so hard to build). Get your money back. And for "things like this", get an DIY and do it yourself as opposed to spending the extra money for the labor. It's not rocket science and you'll get to know your car more intimately.

#11 ·
Honest question- honest answer. Also- search is your friend. You'll have many of your questions answered quicker by using it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.