Copy pasta from Vortex VAGCOM Diagnosis Fourm - I figured the more eyes looking, the more likely this can be solved.
I recently followed various Vortex DIYs for the installation of the following (with coding used):
- Footwell Lights (http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/s...ht-Install-DIY)
- Door Warning Lights (http://www.bold-sport.com/store/inde...&product_id=61)
- Euroswitch (http://www.angelico.ca/files/gli_rear_fog.pdf)
- Valeo LED tails with driver's Rear Fog (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...D-Installation)
- Highline CECM (J519) (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...line-CECM-Swap)
Since I completed the install and VAGCOM'ed, I have had the following symptoms:
- EPC light on
- Bulb out light on
- Cruise Control doesn't work
- Brake lights (including high stop) illuminated as long as key is at the accessory position or beyond
One wiring mistake I made in wiring the rear fog:
I temporarily installed the grey wire from B12 to C4 instead of C12 to B4 in my wiring change for the rear fog. I realized a day later so I drove a couple times like this. Don't know what B12 does, but that could be something. Anyone?
Rear lights function as normal now as long as key is removed - including (no brake lights when car is off,) marker/parking illuminate, amber hazards blink, reverse illuminates, rear fog illuminates.
Rear lights function almost normal when car is on or in acc - marker/parking illuminate, amber turn signals and hazards blink, reverse illuminates, rear fog illuminates, however the brake lights are always on.
Here is the Vortex post with VCDS scan:
Does anything stand out in there?
I checked Brake Light Switch fuses SB22 and SC13. I thought it was a fault in the Brake Light Switch. Bought a new swtich and replaced it yesterday. No change. With the battery disconnected for switch install the EPC light was reset but came on with in a few minutes.
Today I double checked the wiring changes I made for recent installations. Everything checked out.
Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something?