Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2007 VW Rabbit: EPC Light, Brake lights stuck on, Cruise Control doesn't work

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Rabbit
      04-11-2013 07:58 PM #1
      Copy pasta from Vortex VAGCOM Diagnosis Fourm - I figured the more eyes looking, the more likely this can be solved.

I recently followed various Vortex DIYs for the installation of the following (with coding used):

Since I completed the install and VAGCOM'ed, I have had the following symptoms:
      • EPC light on
      • Bulb out light on
      • Cruise Control doesn't work
      • Brake lights (including high stop) illuminated as long as key is at the accessory position or beyond

One wiring mistake I made in wiring the rear fog:
      I temporarily installed the grey wire from B12 to C4 instead of C12 to B4 in my wiring change for the rear fog. I realized a day later so I drove a couple times like this. Don't know what B12 does, but that could be something. Anyone?

Rear lights function as normal now as long as key is removed - including (no brake lights when car is off,) marker/parking illuminate, amber hazards blink, reverse illuminates, rear fog illuminates.

Rear lights function almost normal when car is on or in acc - marker/parking illuminate, amber turn signals and hazards blink, reverse illuminates, rear fog illuminates, however the brake lights are always on.

Here is the Vortex post with VCDS scan:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...l-doesn-t-work

Does anything stand out in there?

I checked Brake Light Switch fuses SB22 and SC13. I thought it was a fault in the Brake Light Switch. Bought a new swtich and replaced it yesterday. No change. With the battery disconnected for switch install the EPC light was reset but came on with in a few minutes.

Today I double checked the wiring changes I made for recent installations. Everything checked out.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I missing something?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2005.5 MKV TDI
      04-12-2013 03:49 PM #2
      Did you run the EXTRA 3rd wire to each side?
      If not, then you have bigger problems that may be related to your post.
      Rain Closing Windows, goF raeR, Aspherical Mirrors, Remote Windows, Amber Club

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Rabbit
      04-12-2013 05:51 PM #3
      Yes, extra wire ran - four wires going in to each rear outer tail. Double checked the wiring as listed in the DIY too.

Thanks for the input.
      Last edited by fraglpunk; 04-12-2013 at 05:54 PM.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Rabbit
      04-14-2013 12:08 PM #4
      Someone has told me that it might have something to do with using VCDS to set my country coding to UK under Instruments (17).
      Can anyone verify or have any info on this?