VWVortex.com - Guy spends $250k on his GT-R with Forged Performance and get a broken car back in return
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Guy spends $250k on his GT-R with Forged Performance and get a broken car back in return

Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI 5-door
      05-10-2013 08:42 AM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by caliatenza View Post
      my question is, where the hell would you use all of that power?? I mean, does he own a private racetrack or something, or does he live out in the middle of nowhere . Public roads have other people on them, not to mention cops. Sinking a total of $250k into a car just for it to be a drag or dyno queen makes no sense to me. I would rather buy a Lambo or Ferrari and look pretty all day and twice on sunday...
      If you have to ask...make a trip down to Texas 2K one year.

1000hp crank is just the starting point at that event.

Vehicles
      2013 Evo GSR, 2008 Si sedan
      05-10-2013 08:46 AM #152
      I'll agree that from FP's standpoint, it would be difficult to accomodate an owner's changing build requests...but what a great problem to have when money is being thrown at you!

As someone pointed out over at gtrlife.com-"At some point a full refund will seem cheap compared to the total damage done by this exposure." Couldn't have said it better.

I hope FP is humbled and forced to change ownership or just become a parts warehouse (I've heard their parts dept. is reputable and professional). IMO, this is no different than stealing or other criminal activity. As enthusiasts we should hope to be protected from this kind of "service".
      2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evoluton X (current)
      2008 Honda Civic Si (wife's)
      2012 Mustang GT (sold)
      2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (sold)
      2001 VW Golf 1.8T (sold)

3. Member
      Vehicles
      00 Prelude SH, 08 CR-V AWD, 92 NSX Coupe
      05-10-2013 08:58 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
      I'll agree that from FP's standpoint, it would be difficult to accomodate an owner's changing build requests...but what a great problem to have when money is being thrown at you!
      I don't think anyone really has a problem with the time frame. It's the terrible work that went into the car.

What irks me most is how he puts the blame on the tech. If you're the owner of the company, you stand behind your company's work. He obviously saw the work going into the car and OKed it.

Vehicles
      a van
      05-10-2013 09:01 AM #154
      Read through most of that entire thread ... wow. Feel really bad for the OP.

Now I want a Skyline.
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S2K, '12 TSX, '14 GTI
      05-10-2013 09:13 AM #155
      Rule #1 - If you're going to give somebody a "blank check", they better be close enough to you that you can stop by and check on them all the time, or pick somebody that has a beyond flawless reputation. This guy did neither.

I wish I had enough cash to be so irresponsible with it. Yes, the shop clearly did a hack job. But you gotta think with your head instead of your pee pee.
      Expose your cracks and love will fill them.

Vehicles
      15 1.0L Fiesta, 02 M3, 98/94 Z28, 92 Katana 600
      05-10-2013 09:18 AM #156
      The only thing I don't get is why is he so upset about the grinding on the bell housing? Sure everything else was done poorly, but was he really expecting to have all these mods without any modifications to the other parts of the car to make it fit?

Vehicles
      2004 Jeep V8 WJ
      05-10-2013 09:42 AM #157
      The shop should be renamed Buffalo Bill's.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      05-10-2013 09:52 AM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
      Rule #1 - If you're going to give somebody a "blank check", they better be close enough to you that you can stop by and check on them all the time, or pick somebody that has a beyond flawless reputation. This guy did neither.

I wish I had enough cash to be so irresponsible with it. Yes, the shop clearly did a hack job. But you gotta think with your head instead of your pee pee.
      A blank check should only be given to somebody you have a long history with that would allow such trust.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Vehicles
      2012 CW Golf R
      05-10-2013 09:55 AM #159
      oof man that stinks! its horrible to see tuner shops do work like this...

on a side note i read the whole article thinking the OP was just mistyping in his fury Forge and adding a "D" on the end to make it Forged. Im glad I cought that
      Last edited by Bandwidth; 05-10-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Vehicles
      fcuk all
      05-10-2013 11:19 AM #160
      FWIW: The owner of the shop is claiming that the 250k number is spread out over three separate builds.

Say hello to Sandy! She handles customer service and is handy with an angle grinder and doing RHD down pipe conversions!

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
      05-10-2013 11:48 AM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by Spray` View Post
      Why? Do we know that money just came to him?

That just sounds moronic. He paid money, he deserves to get what he paid for, and at 250K that's a premium, flawless install with the agreed upon turn around time.
      Dumping $250K into a car only worth less than $100K is not exactly a smart move.

As once said on Top Gear UK...."That's like burning Rembrandts in your fireplace just to keep warm"

Vehicles
      2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
      05-10-2013 11:54 AM #162
      fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, shame on you. fool me three times?

and LOL at the GTR owners in there that are looking down on people commenting that dosen't own a GTR (typical car enthusiast on car enthusiast hate just cause your car is more expensive).

The kind of car has nothing to do with it - it's the shady shop. Besides, that shop dosen't only do GTRs as seen with the G and the Z (they also do EVOs and STIs).

13. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      05-10-2013 12:12 PM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by Uberhare View Post
      Dumping $250K into a car only worth less than $100K is not exactly a smart move.

As once said on Top Gear UK...."That's like burning Rembrandts in your fireplace just to keep warm"
      It's all relative to what you consider disposable income.
      Is spending 5k to mod a 2k car that will still be worth 2k modified any less smart?
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Vehicles
      1997 Toyota Camry V6 LE, 2009 Nissan GT-R
      05-10-2013 12:19 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by Meroving1an View Post
      and LOL at the GTR owners in there that are looking down on people commenting that dosen't own a GTR (typical car enthusiast on car enthusiast hate just cause your car is more expensive).
      Right.

I don't see anyone doing that in gtrlife. Rather people are just annoyed by some of the posts made by newbs who just signed up.
      Free 1SICKLEX

Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      05-10-2013 12:23 PM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by Meroving1an View Post
      fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, shame on you. fool me three times?
      You sound like George Bush right about now.

Vehicles
      1983 GTI; 1993 Trek
      05-10-2013 12:25 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      I thought the same thing.
      //COOLWATERmotorsport
      |F0TZ3 HA5E| - The Project
      VWVolkshaus: Haus des Verrückten

Vehicles
      2.15678L 16V ABA, SN 95 Mustang V8, 2013 Frontier V6
      05-10-2013 12:41 PM #167
      I remember when this one showed up on TCL once before:

http://www.myg37.com/forums/vendor-c...xperience.html
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Banging a hooker will make the wasps go away? I'm off to find a bee's nest. BRB.
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      You mean CalDeRoo?

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
      05-10-2013 12:41 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      It's all relative to what you consider disposable income.
      Is spending 5k to mod a 2k car that will still be worth 2k modified any less smart?
      No.

Do you do the same thing with your house? Would you dump $300K into a house worth only $150K? Granted, the house can appreciate in value unlike 99% of cars but it's the same scenario. You'll never get that money back. To some people I guess it's worth it.

I don't get it.

19. Member
      05-10-2013 12:45 PM #169
      No.

Do you do the same thing with your house? Would you dump $300K into a house worth only $150K? Granted, the house can appreciate in value unlike 99% of cars but it's the same scenario. You'll never get that money back. To some people I guess it's worth it.

I don't get it.
      Depends on the location of the house... also, you sleep and live in your house so it makes a lot more sense than putting money into a vehicle.

lol at the "occupy" mindset towards someone screwed over for a large amount of money.

Vehicles
      Porsche & Honda
      05-10-2013 12:46 PM #170
      No.

I don't get it.
      If I plan on spending the rest of my life in said house...i'd dump 500K into it to make it exactly what I want. I dumped 1/3rd of what I payed for my current house into it already (not the same I know), but I plan on dumping another 1/3rd its worth in the next year or two.

Vehicles
      D3 A8 4.2 - E36 Turbo
      05-10-2013 12:52 PM #171

WTF kinda of attitude is this from supposed "car enthusiasts"

There is nothing smart about modding a car money wise, most people know this yet the car modification/aftermarket is constantly growing because people want to modify their cars.

If you fine with buying/leasing a stock car and never touching it great.

But for all the people that want a modified car chances are anything you do to it would be considered a financial loss. This guy is just on a different level when it comes to money, and that is also easily explained once you understand he had (still has as far as I can tell) the goal of having the fastest GT-R in the 1/4 mile.
      SCHNELL ENGINEERING · BLOG · STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Past: 1988 Acura Legend Coupe 5sp, 1995 Mitsu 3kGT, 2001.5 Jetta 1.8t. Current: 2008
      05-10-2013 12:55 PM #172
      Ah, spoken like people who haven't the slightest understanding of what it is to have that sort of money. Most people here are just running around crying about the fact that this guy spent a quarter of a million dollars and talking about how they'd spend it differently while being angry that he had that much to blow on a car and modding it.

Pretend you took your 1.8t in for a big turbo kit and got the car back in the condition this guy got his back in(and pretend that's not how they run anyway).

Vehicles
      2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata
      05-10-2013 01:04 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by a2a4raddo View Post
      Freudian slip?

LOLOLOLOLOL

24. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Vehicles
      misc benzs, korean ev, british junkyard
      05-10-2013 01:39 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post

what sort of excuse could someone possibly give for that level of mechanical ineptitude?
      honestly?

thats about what id expect from some 16yo douche canoe at jiffy lube when theyre "tuning" their mom's k car... not a speed shop that regularly works on $80k super cars.

wow.

25. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      05-10-2013 02:21 PM #175
      "My previous invoices for the bolt ons, Willall clutches and fasteners, transmission cooler, brakes, and sway bars was $38,107.23."

isn't that sign one to stay away?

For advertising information click HERE

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast