Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: M3 goes cliff diving | Raw footage

1. Banned
      06-11-2013 10:50 AM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by SSLByron View Post
      People break laws in the act of causing accidents all the time. Their insurance companies pay out, their rates increase, and the world keeps on spinning.
      This is everything that's wrong with the US auto insurance system (and capitalism because we all know insurance companies are for profit first) insurance should be used to protect law abiding citizens who have something unfortunate happen to them, not douchebags like this guy who will just keep doing this over and over if insurance keeps shelling out for him.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 RX-8
      06-11-2013 10:52 AM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      Wait they have insurance that covers law breaking?
      he didn't break any laws. some rules of the road, but nothing explicitly illegal
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfcastle View Post
      Who cares if im wrong, its the internet.

3. Banned
      06-11-2013 10:53 AM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by unleashedd View Post
      he didn't break any laws. some rules of the road, but nothing explicitly illegal
      I'm sure there's laws against going above the posted speed limit, crossing the double yellow, and recklessly driving.

Vehicles
      03 jetta gli 24v
      06-11-2013 10:58 AM #154
      This is everything that's wrong with the US auto insurance system (and capitalism because we all know insurance companies are for profit first) insurance should be used to protect law abiding citizens who have something unfortunate happen to them, not douchebags like this guy who will just keep doing this over and over if insurance keeps shelling out for him.
      this. but i bet this guy would do the same/drive the same even without insurance

Vehicles
      15 1.0L Fiesta, 02 M3, 98/94 Z28, 92 Katana 600
      06-11-2013 11:00 AM #155
      Probably covered in the same way that someone who blows a red light will be covered. Now if this was timed in any way they could deny coverage.

6. Member
      06-11-2013 11:03 AM #156
      Autoblog comment:

M3post thread backfired on OP (the driver's friend): http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851390s
      Someone said they forwarded the video to the police.

Vehicles
      1991 Audi 200 20vt Quattro
      06-11-2013 11:05 AM #157
      Been enjoying the hating as always. But he isn't that bad of a driver it just looks like it's too much car and he is more interested in carrying speed rather than braking points.

We all **** up and this guy was dumb enough to do it on camera - glad he's not dead and he didn't kill anyone. Hope the guy gets another car and doesn't quit either he seems to at least have a passion.

Vehicles
      2015 e-Golf, 2007 Subaru Outback
      06-11-2013 11:08 AM #158
      The face of douche

9. Banned
      06-11-2013 11:08 AM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by landstuhltaylor View Post
      Probably covered in the same way that someone who blows a red light will be covered. Now if this was timed in any way they could deny coverage.
      You can make the argument that the GoPro video is a form of timing.

10. Banned
      06-11-2013 11:09 AM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by themagellan View Post
      Been enjoying the hating as always. But he isn't that bad of a driver it just looks like it's too much car and he is more interested in carrying speed rather than braking points.

We all **** up and this guy was dumb enough to do it on camera - glad he's not dead and he didn't kill anyone. Hope the guy gets another car and doesn't quit either he seems to at least have a passion.
      We all have a passion. We're just smart about it (like taking it to the track.)

11. Member
      06-11-2013 11:13 AM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by themagellan View Post

I am sure his passion and his new Mustang will take him far. I can't wait to see it on a video.

12. Banned
      06-11-2013 11:15 AM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by bbk View Post
      I am sure his passion and his new Mustang will take him far. I can't wait to see it on a video.
      Man if he thought his M3 couldn't turn...

13. 06-11-2013 11:21 AM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
      I disagree.
      okay you go ahead and wish death and injury on someone...

Sorry I just dont do that.

14. 06-11-2013 11:28 AM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsequal View Post
      crossed double yellow on blind corners, crashes and survives. God I wish airbags weren't invented for people like him to bleed out while thinking about how effing stupid what they just did was.

Honestly What is with some of the people on here!?!?!

I dont condone stupid driving, but wishing death and injury on the guy because of some silly driving??

Seriously what is wrong with you guys? Should you be dead or injured for any stupid thing you may have done in your life? Because I bet 99% of the people in here have done something stupid or driven their car in a someone irresponsible manner on a public road that could have ended badly.

IMO its pretty sick to be wishing the guy death or injury.

15. Member
      06-11-2013 11:29 AM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      Honestly What is with some of the people on here!?!?!

I dont condone stupid driving, but wishing death and injury on the guy because of some silly driving??

Seriously what is wrong with you guys? Should you be dead or injured for any stupid thing you may have done in your life? Because I bet 99% of the people in here have done something stupid or driven their car in a someone irresponsible manner on a public road that could have ended badly.

IMO its pretty sick to be wishing the guy death or injury.
      Everytime he crossed into the oncoming traffic lane he had the potential to kill someone. So f'ck him.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      96 vw MK3 Hatchback
      06-11-2013 11:30 AM #166
      what a dumb ****..
      https://www.facebook.com/ABTSportslineMK320v

1995 VW Mk3 GTI 2L 8v : Ex Car
      1996 VW Mk3 CL : "Volf" : Ex Project
      1996 VW Mk3 CL : ABT Sportsline : Current Project

17. 06-11-2013 11:33 AM #167
      so when you get into an accident going 5mph the limit, or accidently go through a redlight behind a large truck, your claim should be disqualified too?

If insurance didnt cover people when they broke the law then id venture at least 1/3 of all claims would never get paid out. People break the law while driving in little ways ALL THE TIME. Thats what insurance is for.

18. 06-11-2013 11:33 AM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post
      Everytime he crossed into the oncoming traffic lane he had the potential to kill someone. So f'ck him.
      So i guess the same can be said for you anytime you have made a careless driving move?

Sorry the entire "holier than than thou" mentality in here is so tiring sometimes. EVERYONES a critic, yet they are perfect, and have NEVER made a driving mistake.

grow the F*@# up, the guy made some stupid decisions, and is lucky he and no one else got hurt, hopefully he will learn from it.
      Last edited by Jettavr666; 06-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.

19. Banned
      06-11-2013 11:35 AM #169
      so when you get into an accident going 5mph the limit, or accidently go through a redlight behind a large truck, your claim should be disqualified too?

If insurance didnt cover people when they broke the law then id venture at least 1/3 of all claims would never get paid out. People break the law while driving in little ways ALL THE TIME. Thats what insurance is for.
      I'd understand if insurance wouldn't shell out for me if I broke the law. Coverage is a privilege, not an entitlement. If I don't honor the agreement between my license and the law and something happens to me, I don't expect insurance to honor my agreement with it. Granted, that's not how the system works, but that's how it should work.

20. Member
      06-11-2013 11:36 AM #170
      So i guess the same can be said for you anytime you have made a careless driving move?
      I do not drive like an ass. There is a BIG difference between willfully crossing into oncoming traffic and accidentally doing so.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      06-11-2013 11:38 AM #171
      He got what he deserved.

I have no remorse for someone who repeatedly crosses the double yellow.

Either slow it down or take it to the track.

Vehicles
      1991 Civic dx 2011 Ingot silver Mustang GT
      06-11-2013 11:39 AM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by unleashedd View Post
      really?

23. 06-11-2013 11:39 AM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post
      I do not drive like an ass. There is a BIG difference between willfully crossing into oncoming traffic and accidentally doing so.

Your missing the greater point, If you can honestly say you have NEVER done ANYTHING dangerous on a road that even had the remote chance of inuring anyone else, well then you are probably better than 99% of the people in here. However somthing tells me thats not the case.

Vehicles
      2015 Autobahn GTI
      06-11-2013 11:41 AM #174

Sorry the entire "holier than than thou" mentality in here is so tiring sometimes. EVERYONES a critic, yet they are perfect, and have NEVER made a driving mistake.

grow the F*@# up, the guy made some stupid decisions, and is lucky he and no one else got hurt, hopefully he will learn from it.

Yeah it'd be fine if be made the mistake once and let off. He was obviously driving way out his driving abilities.

Not only was he crossing, he was completely in the other lane. That's appalling.

25. 06-11-2013 11:41 AM #175
      I'd understand if insurance wouldn't shell out for me if I broke the law. Coverage is a privilege, not an entitlement. If I don't honor the agreement between my license and the law and something happens to me, I don't expect insurance to honor my agreement with it. Granted, that's not how the system works, but that's how it should work.
      Okay well good luck with that because I can assure you no one would want to live in a system like that besides maybe yourself. Almost all cars have black boxes now, all they would have to do is show you going over the limit or too fast for conditions in any accident, and you wouldnt get your claim paid out.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast