Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 30 of 30

    Thread: Men's Room Etiquette Question: Pissing In a Toilet?

    1. Member nobbyv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2001
      Location
      The NH
      Posts
      4,716
      Vehicles
      2013 Sepang Blue Audi S6, 2014 Scuba Blue Audi Q5
      06-27-2013 01:21 PM #1
      This just happened, and its something I've always wondered: you're in a public restroom with one urinal and one toilet. You've got to piss, but someone's already using the urinal. Is there anything wrong with using the toilet? Countless times, I've seen guys WAIT to use the urinal, instead of taking the open bathroom stall. Just seems strange to me. I mean, I manage to piss in a toilet at home, why not in public? I'll take the stall every time, but am I angering someone somehow and have gone 35 years without realizing it?

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 11th, 2009
      Location
      Lewiston, Maine
      Posts
      4,613
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-27-2013 01:23 PM #2
      Handicap stall, maybe? Some people are just considerate like that.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

    3. Senior Member Gaki's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 15th, 2000
      Location
      425
      Posts
      22,401
      Vehicles
      605 Nogaro S4
      06-27-2013 01:25 PM #3
      I think most people think too much about it. Honestly, use the foot to lift up the seat, piss, flush and walk away.

      The only time when it's NOT OK is when someone gets lazy and pours their yellow zinfandel all over the seat.
      Quote Originally Posted by bluerabbit0886 View Post
      A friend of mine is at law school at Gonzaga. He says Spokane is a real **** show. Florida of the Pacific Northwest...
      Quote Originally Posted by Señor Peligro View Post
      There was a separate petition for it. So no, I don't think Austin is the demographic in Texas looking to secede. But **** Austin anyways.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      May 27th, 2008
      Location
      Malvern, PA
      Posts
      6,182
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      06-27-2013 01:26 PM #4
      In an office, mid day, when there's no line, and only a few employees? You can wait.

      In a bar with a line? There should be a 3rd dude pissing in the sink.
      5.3L Wrangler work in progress
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      "Less Forethought, More Welding"

    5. Geriatric Member ATL_Av8r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2002
      Location
      Gapiana
      Posts
      40,465
      06-27-2013 02:25 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Handicap stall, maybe? Some people are just considerate like that.
      It's not like a parking space that's RESERVED for the handicapped. If I have to go and it's the only stall available, I'm using the handicapped stall and enjoying the extra space
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

      Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

    6. Member Yo Teach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 24th, 2010
      Location
      Maumee, OH
      Posts
      3,129
      06-27-2013 02:32 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Gaki View Post
      I think most people think too much about it. Honestly, use the foot to lift up the seat, piss, flush and walk away.

      The only time when it's NOT OK is when someone gets lazy and pours their yellow zinfandel all over the seat.
      This is how I do it. No urinal? Use a stall. Lift the seat with your foot (I guarantee that every square inch of that seat has been covered with piss and **** many times and you have no idea how well it's been cleaned). Do your business. Done.
      2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring

    7. Member compy222's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2005
      Location
      Pothole, MI
      Posts
      14,331
      Vehicles
      2003 Miata SE, 2002 Z51 Corvette
      06-27-2013 02:33 PM #7
      as long as you don't be a biotch and leave the seat down to spray all over.

      they all flush, just make sure you're not ruining it for the next guy in line. also, this rule only applies if this is a bathroom with a distinctly separate (ie. partitioned) toilet and urinal. as for inconveniencing someone handicapped...this isn't a parking spot, walk in, put the seat up with your foot, piss, and walk out. waiting 20 seconds in line isn't going to kill you.
      Regarding DD'ing a tuned Evo:
      Quote Originally Posted by SchrickVR6 View Post
      It's composed at all speeds and at all times...it just feels like you're holding the leash on a 150lb pit bull and praying you don't see a squirrel.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 11th, 2009
      Location
      Lewiston, Maine
      Posts
      4,613
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-27-2013 02:40 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by compy222 View Post
      as long as you don't be a biotch and leave the seat down to spray all over.

      they all flush, just make sure you're not ruining it for the next guy in line. also, this rule only applies if this is a bathroom with a distinctly separate (ie. partitioned) toilet and urinal. as for inconveniencing someone handicapped...this isn't a parking spot, walk in, put the seat up with your foot, piss, and walk out. waiting 20 seconds in line isn't going to kill you.
      I can wait 20 seconds to take a piss. A handicapped person not in control of his or her legs, probably doesn't have the same control of their bladder and those 20 seconds could be the difference between making the toilet and pissing themselves, or worse. They have to do much more than just unzip their fly. You try going from a wheelchair to a toilet seat dragging 50 pounds of dead flesh with you and see how much time you need.

      I leave the handicap stall open out of consideration of those less fortunate than me.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

    9. Senior Member beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 13th, 2002
      Location
      NutVegas, NJ
      Posts
      30,075
      Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      06-27-2013 02:42 PM #9
      I never had a gripe with stall users for piss... until I had a kid, and said kid became potty trained. I cant tell you how many stalls I've waited for with my son, only to have the douchebag inside leave the seat full of piss because he didnt want to touch it and didnt want to use a urinal (yankee stadium is notorius for this).

      That really pushes my ****in buttons because it's bad enough having to make sure my son doesnt touch anything while he's in the bathroom ...and cleaning up a stranger's piss wasn't in the job description when I decided to become a Dad.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

    10. Banned butterface's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2002
      Posts
      7,714
      06-27-2013 02:46 PM #10
      The only time that pissing in a toilet is not acceptable is when your girl ticked you off and you're holding it until you get home.

    11. Member nobbyv's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 18th, 2001
      Location
      The NH
      Posts
      4,716
      Vehicles
      2013 Sepang Blue Audi S6, 2014 Scuba Blue Audi Q5
      06-27-2013 02:53 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by beng View Post
      I never had a gripe with stall users for piss... until I had a kid, and said kid became potty trained. I cant tell you how many stalls I've waited for with my son, only to have the douchebag inside leave the seat full of piss because he didnt want to touch it and didnt want to use a urinal (yankee stadium is notorius for this).

      That really pushes my ****in buttons because it's bad enough having to make sure my son doesnt touch anything while he's in the bathroom ...and cleaning up a stranger's piss wasn't in the job description when I decided to become a Dad.
      I hear you; my son's only 9 months (today!) so I haven't had the pleasue of experiencing having to get him into a stall at Fenway. But again, as long as everyone's exercising basic toilet ettiquette and doing the shoe-to-the-seat-lift, non-issue, right?

    12. 06-27-2013 02:58 PM #12
      At the end of a movie when everyone is rushing to empty the large soda from their system I will go to first available. If it is a toilet, I will typically lift the cover/seat with a small wad of toilet paper, no big deal...

    13. Member capthowdy_1968's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2001
      Location
      Amishtown, USA
      Posts
      7,474
      Vehicles
      93 Corrado VR6
      06-27-2013 03:03 PM #13
      This will test your urinal knowledge.

      http://www.puffgames.com/theurinalgame/
      Jaxdubs >
      The Official Jacksonville VW/Audi Enthusiasts Club
      on Facebook
      Twitter @Jaxdubs

    14. Senior Member beng's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 13th, 2002
      Location
      NutVegas, NJ
      Posts
      30,075
      Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      06-27-2013 03:03 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
      I hear you; my son's only 9 months (today!) so I haven't had the pleasue of experiencing having to get him into a stall at Fenway. But again, as long as everyone's exercising basic toilet ettiquette and doing the shoe-to-the-seat-lift, non-issue, right?
      Agreed, thats the basic essential piece of etiquette. Dont piss with the seat down. ...or someday piss karma will bite you in the ass.

      Oh... and congrats and happy bday to your little man. Your're almost to the walking/danger to himself and everyone around him phase. Good luck with that.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

      "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

    15. Member Slayer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2000
      Location
      Windham CT
      Posts
      10,872
      Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      06-27-2013 03:04 PM #15
      I always use the toilet stall if it's open. I hate urinals.. stale urinal cakes, occasional splashback, and I don't really care to stand elbow to elbow with some mouthbreather that wants to have a conversation while we both have our dicks in our hands. I'll take the stall, and kick up the seat with my foot, and go about my business
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

    16. Banned butterface's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2002
      Posts
      7,714
      06-27-2013 03:15 PM #16
      My problem with urinals is that I hate having to fold my junk three times so I can hit my target. Dropping it in water is less of an issue.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 11th, 2009
      Location
      Lewiston, Maine
      Posts
      4,613
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      06-27-2013 03:15 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
      I always use the toilet stall if it's open. I hate urinals.. stale urinal cakes, occasional splashback, and I don't really care to stand elbow to elbow with some mouthbreather that wants to have a conversation while we both have our dicks in our hands. I'll take the stall, and kick up the seat with my foot, and go about my business
      how else are you going to breath in a bathroom? through your nose and sample all the wonderful aromas?
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

    18. Member GolfTango's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2001
      Location
      Not Fancy CT
      Posts
      6,926
      Vehicles
      '11 Kia Optima LX, '09 Mazda5 GT
      06-27-2013 03:16 PM #18
      I'd just piss in the sink.
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge
      Yeah I wouldn't blow 3" either.

    19. Geriatric Member ATL_Av8r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2002
      Location
      Gapiana
      Posts
      40,465
      06-27-2013 03:16 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
      I always use the toilet stall if it's open. I hate urinals.. stale urinal cakes, occasional splashback, and I don't really care to stand elbow to elbow with some mouthbreather that wants to have a conversation while we both have our dicks in our hands. I'll take the stall, and kick up the seat with my foot, and go about my business
      I do this if there are no urinal dividers. Places with no urinal dividers are so out-of-date they might as well put "whites only" back up on the door
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

      Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

    20. Member leitmotif's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2006
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      5,734
      Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      06-27-2013 03:19 PM #20
      I hate using urinals. Nothing wrong with lifting the seat or using tp to do so. You do wash your hands when you're done, right? Stalls for days!

    21. Member GolfTango's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 15th, 2001
      Location
      Not Fancy CT
      Posts
      6,926
      Vehicles
      '11 Kia Optima LX, '09 Mazda5 GT
      06-27-2013 03:26 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      I do this if there are no urinal dividers. Places with no urinal dividers are so out-of-date they might as well put "whites only" back up on the door
      Paula Dean can design the signs.
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge
      Yeah I wouldn't blow 3" either.

    22. Member warrenW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2008
      Location
      Korea
      Posts
      4,142
      Vehicles
      2007 S2000
      06-27-2013 03:37 PM #22
      I prefer the stall especially with no dividers for urinals.

      I always lift the seat however. Stalls are for peeing and pooping. There is nothing wrong with using it for what it was meant for!

    23. 06-27-2013 03:53 PM #23
      Nothing wrong with pissing in a toilet. Just be courteous, lift the cover, and don't spray.

      Waiting? I am not waiting for someone to finish their business (in the urinal) if there is an unused toilet.

      As they say, when you gotta go, you gotta go

      On a separate note:

      To other fellow bathroom users, when I am doing my thing in there, it is impolite to try to start a conversation with me...I don't give a damn how the weather is today when I am concentrating on taking a leak #etiquetteinthebathroom

    24. Senior Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      US 129/ GA SR 60
      Posts
      33,733
      Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Feed Your Restless
      06-27-2013 07:04 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Gaki View Post
      I think most people think too much about it. Honestly, use the foot to lift up the seat, piss, flush and walk away.

      The only time when it's NOT OK is when someone gets lazy and pours their yellow zinfandel all over the seat.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

    25. Member Sizzla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2005
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      2,563
      Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      06-27-2013 07:09 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by nobbyv View Post
      This just happened, and its something I've always wondered: you're in a public restroom with one urinal and one toilet. You've got to piss, but someone's already using the urinal. Is there anything wrong with using the toilet? Countless times, I've seen guys WAIT to use the urinal, instead of taking the open bathroom stall. Just seems strange to me. I mean, I manage to piss in a toilet at home, why not in public? I'll take the stall every time, but am I angering someone somehow and have gone 35 years without realizing it?
      I don't have a urinal at home so pissing in a toilet, if it's available, isn't an issue over here.

    26. 06-27-2013 10:28 PM #26
      i find it funny when dudes specifically go into the stall to piss when theirs open urinals available. or more funny when the dudes who use the urinals completely angle themselves away from other people. its almost borderline a pet peeve for me (in a weird way). i donno maybe because going through bootcamp a long time ago kinda forced me to get over that shyness and just do what you gotta do, but ive been tempted so many times to call those types of guys out.
      formerly TVarmy04 & DUBMANG
      SAPPERS LEAD THE WAY

      Quote Originally Posted by sirswank View Post
      you're gonna run them regardless, so post pics when they're on. if they look stupid, we'll let you know.

    27. Member warrenW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2008
      Location
      Korea
      Posts
      4,142
      Vehicles
      2007 S2000
      06-27-2013 10:39 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by DUB_MANGv2 View Post
      i find it funny when dudes specifically go into the stall to piss when theirs open urinals available. or more funny when the dudes who use the urinals completely angle themselves away from other people. its almost borderline a pet peeve for me (in a weird way). i donno maybe because going through bootcamp a long time ago kinda forced me to get over that shyness and just do what you gotta do, but ive been tempted so many times to call those types of guys out.
      ....Why? Different strokes for different folks. Who cares if someone prefers a toilet or doesn't want to show their d*** off to the world? If anything, they're being courteous to others by "covering" themselves idk.

    28. 06-27-2013 10:40 PM #28
      Relevant.
      This post was monitored and approved by the NSA

    29. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 31st, 2005
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      16,480
      Vehicles
      Corvette & SV650
      06-27-2013 10:50 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      I can wait 20 seconds to take a piss. A handicapped person not in control of his or her legs, probably doesn't have the same control of their bladder and those 20 seconds could be the difference between making the toilet and pissing themselves, or worse. They have to do much more than just unzip their fly. You try going from a wheelchair to a toilet seat dragging 50 pounds of dead flesh with you and see how much time you need.

      I leave the handicap stall open out of consideration of those less fortunate than me.
      This. It's not a big deal to wait most of the time.
      Quote Originally Posted by apizzaparty View Post
      never thought once to use my lefty for the brake. sorry in my opinion it is dumb.

    30. Member stevemannn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2008
      Location
      the dirty burg pa
      Posts
      2,236
      Vehicles
      1994 huffy 10speed
      06-27-2013 10:56 PM #30
      F/S Thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...4#post86129784
      AWP head, scat rods, pistons, dv, intake mani etc.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •