VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Car just turned off...

627 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Danntheemann 
#1 ·
So I was in line at a drive through and my car just died. I pushed it into a parking spot and noticed that I had no electricity when I turned the key. I popped the hood and wiggled the battery cables, seemed tight. Had a look at the fuse panel and pushed on all of them. After about 5 minutes of this I turned the key, noticed I had power. Started her up and drove home.

I am gonna start by checking the ground to the chasis, the batery cables again and find my fuse diagram in the Bentley but I figured I would ask here...

Anything should be checking first?

#2 ·
It looks like your on the right track to getting your problem resolved. if this happens again try wiggling the key while you try to start it. It could be your ignition switch?? You can also test this while you have power by turning on all of your lights and electrical stuff on the inside and start it. If the lights dim, its probably not the ignition switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.