VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Stepping into the Audi world

7K views 45 replies 12 participants last post by  m.u.n.d.o. 
#1 ·
Bought my first audi ever about 2 months ago. It's a used 2012 TTS Prestige in solar orange, got it with 8k miles. Coming from a mk6 gti stage 3, miss the power and the space. First ever AWD car, love how fast the car responds and takes off compared to the FWD. Have a couple ideas on what I'm going to do with the car, but sadly I'm deploying next month, so it's gonna have to wait until I get back next summer. I'll keep building my list, doing research, and saving money.

First mod! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks!

Congrats.....isn't it a fantastic car? It's very quick too.....I just love mine. Have to tighten up the suspension a bit IMO. Love the color. Stay safe and see you when you get back with more stuff done to the car.

Btw, I put H&R sport springs and Front/Rear sway bars (Neuspeed)....makes it handle great....
Thanks! I like it, but still getting used to it since I came from a totally different car. Can't wait to do the APR stage 2+! I'm in need of the power coming from a stage 3. The H&R Springs are on the list, Sway bars as well. How do you like the height/ride? I've tested the magnetic suspension on the back roads and I like it, can't imagine how much better it gets with supporting mods. I'm gonna try to keep track here of everything I do to it.

:thumbup:

#3 · (Edited)
Congrats.....isn't it a fantastic car? It's very quick too.....I just love mine. Have to tighten up the suspension a bit IMO. Love the color. Stay safe and see you when you get back with more stuff done to the car.

Btw, I put H&R sport springs and Front/Rear sway bars (Neuspeed)....makes it handle great....

#6 ·
Bought my first audi ever about 2 months ago. It's a used 2012 TTS Prestige in solar orange, got it with 8k miles. Coming from a mk6 gti stage 3, miss the power and the space. First ever AWD car, love how fast the car responds and takes off compared to the FWD. Have a couple ideas on what I'm going to do with the car, but sadly I'm deploying next month, so it's gonna have to wait until I get back next summer. I'll keep building my list, doing research, and saving money.

I see you are in Tacoma; two nice tracks close to you, too! I used to live in WA and miss it. Nice car, nice color. Enjoy and thank you for your service!

#12 ·

Simply stunning colour & wheel combo - am jealous...!

William

#17 ·
Pics pics pics........ Congrats and enjoy......

#18 ·
I recommend MSS Springs and doing only the rear swaybar. That is how Jeff at MSS recommneds it. I also have the front swaybar. I question it being too stiff (Neuspeed) doesn't offer more than one setting on their front bar. My car handles neutral with zero oversteer even when pushing for it and I have a race haldex. My ride height is perfect in my opinion.
I have 2+ APR with APR DSG. I highly recommend them as they are extremely daily driveable.
I did all my own installs so PM or call me if you have any questions. I did a write up just search.

Love this car, on the way to StageIII+

#20 ·
Thanks for the input! I went with the h&r springs since I got a deal on them, mss springs were a little bit too much for what I want them. I'm still debating how far I want to take it as mods go, had a stage 3 mk6 gti and loved it, but never got the best out of it since I don't go to the track. I'm gonna look into the rs grill.

Love how your car looks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
PS the car was born to wear the RS grill!

#23 · (Edited)
Subtle....how do you like the ride? I love mine......

Did you get it aligned? You must do that asap....don't buy the myth of it has to settle first.....

#28 ·
, but a bit stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just replying to your words. As long as you are happy thats all that matters.

#25 ·
Thats what the MSS springs would have corrected. They are softer and better with mag ride off and stiffer with mag ride on than stock. Plus great ride height.

#26 ·
No correction needed....the H&R are fine. MSS are too soft...and unless you go with the new front adj ones, they are about same as stock.

#31 ·
Just remember, Mr. William is a biased vendor not a unbiased consumer! He's wanting to sell you his springs. I stand by my opinion.

#32 ·
Just remember, Mr. William is a biased vendor not a unbiased consumer! He's wanting to sell you his springs. I stand by my opinion.
haha GaBoYnFla you are right...I want the whole world to have an MSS KITS...:D

On a serious point though and toning things down a touch...there is an option for all from lowering springs right up to some high end Coilovers.

We fit in there as an option and I guess that is the key, there is an option for all.

As I say, I started off with lowering springs and as I progressed and got familiar with the car with an increased power base I felt an upgrade in handling was also necessary but I had a particular desire to keep the MagneRide - which I personally think is great only marred by the stock springs - and add ride height adjustment.

As always am grateful we can have a civilised discussion on these things.

#34 ·
Not Paid to Say Anything!

I have MSS Spring. They made my ride smoother when sport was off and firmer when sport was on. They lowered my ride height too as far as I am willing to accept. I have put on parts that vendors sell and when they don't work or have limitations I report them. Just browse my posts. I have sent every single post link back to vendors that have parts issues and then call them up to ensure they are aware of them. I do this in hopes to get improvements for all of us in better products.

As far as MSS Springs go, do a search and find some negative posts about the product by people that have installed them. I bet you find only overwhelming positive comments and reviews.

William from my interaction and observation is a standup guy who is a fellow enthusiast first and a businessman second. He deserves better than snipes from someone who from what I can tell has not installed his product on his car.

Now my experience and why I posted what I posted was this:
My research and emails from William recommended not installing the Neuspeed front swaybar. He told me this would make the front a little too stiff and not let the car rotate. I already had the bar and was dropping the subframe so I installed it.

So, result William right, Ed not so much! My car would rotate before with the race Haldex and Rear swaybar if I was very aggressive in a turn. Now it handles way better but it always stays neutral even with max throttle. So, my thinking is a more adjustable front swaybar or a lighter swaybar. Yes my rear swaybar is at the stiffest setting. So, I suppose I could go stiffer even more at the back but I don't think that is the right move.

William is the kind of guy I want to do business with, someone that actually owns an Audi TT.

#46 · (Edited)
Changed the stock air filter for the K&N filter. Out of the box you noticed the difference between both. The K&N is slimmer and the quality is amazing. Went for a quick drive, you can hear the turbo a bit more but nothing wow, and the car responds better.

Also got a Neuspeed dogbone mount insert, waiting to install it. Had it on my gti and loved it so I expect the same now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.