Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: key fob "hangs up" when inserting and removing it

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-line in candy white
      10-16-2013 11:52 PM #1
      Lately when i go to start the car the key hangs up...like stops as I'm pushing it in for a second....then does the same thing when i go to remove it sometimes. One day it was particularly bad where i seriously thought i want going to be able to get it started cause it wouldn't go in to start.

Anyone else have this happen?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 CC and 2009 Eos
      10-17-2013 03:55 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Passatryde View Post
      Lately when i go to start the car the key hangs up...like stops as I'm pushing it in for a second....then does the same thing when i go to remove it sometimes. One day it was particularly bad where i seriously thought i want going to be able to get it started cause it wouldn't go in to start.

Anyone else have this happen?
      If your car is still under warranty, take it to the dealership. Obviously, something is wrong with your ignition switch or key.

Personally, I have never heard of or had this problem.
      13 CC Sport Plus/K@N Air Filter/Complete LED Interior Lighting/18" Interlagos/Cooper tires/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Chrome Mirrors & Door Handles.
      09 Eos/Tech Package/RNS510/K&N Filter/Silver & Black Leather Seats/Sherwood Dash Kit/LED Interior Lighting/Underbody LED Safety Lighting/Under Seat Drawer/R-Line Flat Bottom MFSW/Volk-L Bluetooth/Dash Cubby/BackUp Cam

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '13 CC r-line
      10-17-2013 07:44 AM #3
      This has happened to me. Make sure that the junction between the metal and plastic part is smooth. I found both times when I experienced this that the metal part was shifted over a slight amount. You can slide it back and it will pop into place.
      Last edited by CCdave; 10-17-2013 at 07:47 AM.
      2013 CC R-Line, Candy White, flat bottom GLI steering wheel, tint

4. 10-17-2013 11:03 AM #4
      this happened on my B6 passat as well.. which happened until one day the key went in and disappeared down into the dash! The round trim piece around the key opening is snapped into place and once removed I found that the actual key mechanism was missing the screw that attached it to the dash. I stole a screw from the trim under the dash and put everything back in place. No issues after that... almost makes me want to pop the trim off the key surround on my CC and see if they learned anything at the factory yet

5. Member
      Vehicles
      10-18-2013 01:54 AM #5
      Thanks .... Yeah it only has ek miles on it so I'll take it to the dealer in a bit...its just weird...i looked the key over pretty thoroughly and i don't think that's the issue...I'll let u guys know what the dealer says it is

6. 10-18-2013 12:19 PM #6
      I concur with CCDave. My suggestion is to look at your actual key FOB. Near the top you can slide it slightly to the right and this was causing mine to hang up as i was inserting it. Look at the two photos, I can slide it to the right with my finger...

7. Member
      Vehicles
      10-18-2013 06:09 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
      I concur with CCDave. My suggestion is to look at your actual key FOB. Near the top you can slide it slightly to the right and this was causing mine to hang up as i was inserting it. Look at the two photos, I can slide it to the right with my finger...

I'll be damned!! I can NOT believe i didn't notice that before...haven't gone out and tired to start it yet but sure as heck my key looked just like that...and come to think of it...it did start immediately after my 17 month old daughter dropped they key. When i looked at the key when it first started i noticed a little "dent" on one of the ridges (thinking it happened when she dropped them) ...so i have no idea how i missed that

I bet that's what it was you all are awesome
      Last edited by Passatryde; 10-18-2013 at 07:07 PM.

8. 10-18-2013 06:52 PM #8
      No prob. I forget how mine did it too because you have to press pretty hard on it to move it... It's the mechanism that lets you take off the sliver top part, why.. beats the hell out of me