Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: My new(to me) Dodge 2500 regular cab 4x4, let me show you it

Vehicles
      2008 Ram 2500
      06-15-2017 12:18 AM #251
      Trip update 3/4. Go to 1/4 for videos! :victory:

OK, so that was supposed to be the end of my trip. Cruise back to Denver, nice long weekend in Moab with friends. NOPE

My buddy Dave texts me and says he's bike packing from Denver to Vegas with a some other guys and I should try to meet up with them as we cross paths. So instead of driving the highway back to Denver with my friends I decide to head the "back way" out of Moab towards Telluride. I later learned there is a new "trail" that was connected last year between Moab and Montrose CO that is 150 miles without ever touching pavement!!! I did not take this route but I will be back for sure. Probably make a 3-4 day trip out of it. I digress, so I take 191 south through Moab and turn East on 46 which hits the Colorado state line and turns into CO-90. There is absolutely zero traffic on this road, no surprise on a random weekday morning. It also happens to be an incredibly beautiful drive. There are so many times I wish I were in a fast/well sorted car when Im on these trips, this was one of those times.

#selfie...sorry

"Simpsons" clouds

What you can see in these next few pictures R-L are Dolores Peak(not a 14er) Mt Wilson(14er) Wilson Peak(14er) El Diente Peak(over 14K but not enough prominence to be its own "14er") and a mess of other peaks in the San Juan and San Miguel Ranges. Colorado is like no place else. :Wow1:

OK fast forward an hour. I get into Telluride and figure Ill go hit up my favorite camp spot Alta Lakes(if you go to Telluride you HAVE to see this) but the weather says otherwise. Its June and Its dumping snow. Having just come from Moab at 90 degrees this is fun. I get within a half mile of the lake/camp sites and the road is still covered in deep enough snow that I don't bother. It gets much worse after these pictures and I dont want to get stuck, alone, at 12,000 feet, while its snowing. So I head into Telluride to regroup.

Downtown Telluride is boring and ugly, dont ever go...

If you do stumble into town though, make sure you stop in the New Sheridan Hotel Bar for some libations. Nearly unchanged since 1895.

So I take some advice from the barkeep and head back up a different mountain. I see a crapload of elk, I find myself in a ghost town at dusk and I wind up staying at a state park campground because I couldnt find anything else(surprisingly) and I was getting really tired.

Up next, trip report 4/4...this might have to be 5 parts.

Vehicles
      Junk
      06-15-2017 08:20 AM #252
      This is awesome, please keep it coming!

3. 06-15-2017 09:08 PM #253
      2 things:

1) I wish I had friends that did and liked this kind of stuff.

2) It looks so beautiful out West.

Awesome trip man. I'm so jealous.

Vehicles
      2008 Ram 2500
      06-19-2017 05:40 PM #254
      Quote Originally Posted by tip View Post
      This is awesome, please keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by feetsies View Post
      2 things:

1) I wish I had friends that did and liked this kind of stuff.

2) It looks so beautiful out West.

Awesome trip man. I'm so jealous.
      Sounds like you need some new friends. If you want to come on an adventure out west just hit me up!

Interim update. Paid off the truck today which is nice. Also truck is currently listed for its biannual sale attempt on Craigslist. Atl-atl's Ram 2500 for sale ad.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12
      06-23-2017 08:56 AM #255
      Quote Originally Posted by Atl-Atl View Post

Interim update. Paid off the truck today which is nice. Also truck is currently listed for its biannual sale attempt on Craigslist. Atl-atl's Ram 2500 for sale ad.
      But whyyy

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta 1.8t
      Today 12:50 AM #256
      Quote Originally Posted by Atl-Atl View Post

Sad to hear it's for sale again, but I can understand why you would want to try something different.

Take this for what you want – personally when I see an ad that is as incredibly detailed as yours, especially about mods, it slightly scares me to shoot a text about being interested. It makes me feel like this truck can't just be used for normal truck stuff, like a lot potential buyers might want. Sometimes the best ads are the simple ones. I'm not saying you shouldn't disclose everything about the truck, people have the right to know what they're buying, but IMO condensing it down to 2-3 paragraphs would do wonders for helping you get some interest. Tell people those details like the type of oil you used in person, maybe hand them a printout of the maintenance/mods that they can read if they want to. These things might be important to you, but not everyone cares as much as we do.

Again, grain of salt, simply my opinion. Best of luck with the sale, thanks again for the update!

For advertising information click HERE

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011