Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My vdub... and my problems (Pics!)

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0t FSI
      12-09-2013 01:08 AM #1
      So, it's been about a year since i bought my car. It's a 2008 Jetta 2.0t FSI. Been a rocky road, didn't think I loved it until I chipped it. I went with Unitronic stage 1+. Only other mod right now is a Neuspeed CAI. Lots of power and the DV sounds great but now i've got a problem: my clutch is slipping, I think.
      QUESTION: Any suggestions for a student budget clutch that will want to eventually get a turbo-back exhaust and go stage 2? Probably won't be upgrading the turbo. Should i replace the flywheel as well? Go lightweight? Benefits? Downfalls? Links to where i can buy from?

Pics of my car when i first bought it... apparently saying don't drill my grill with a plate bracket didn't register in the salesman's brain:

Looking super clean after a hand wash and wax at a VW meet... a whole two other cars showed up

Installed a new radio and the sub and amp from my old golf, running a single 12" Alpine type R with a Kicker 500 watt RMS @ 1 Ohm amp

And most recently bought a new grill because the dealership drilled mine, been about 5 months with no front plate here in Toronto, Ontario and i haven't gotten pulled over... it just looks so much cleaner without one
      #333 8v Society
      Mk4 GTI 2.0L

2. Member
      Vehicles
      12-09-2013 08:19 PM #2
      Bump for clutch suggestions
      #333 8v Society
      Mk4 GTI 2.0L

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI, 2007 Lexus IS250
      12-09-2013 11:14 PM #3
      The same thing happened to my GTI when I went Stage 1 APR a little over a year ago. I'd put it back into stock mode and no more slipping. Mysteriously the slipping went away entirely a few months ago. I did a ton of research on clutches and I've heard good and bad experiences with most brands. I WAS going to go with a Clutch Masters FX300. The company seems to get a lot of positive reviews and they've been in the game awhile. Don't skimp, switch out the flywheel at the same time. I personally would stay away from SPEC clutches, heard nothing but nightmares about them. Be prepared to spent around $1500 on parts and labor all said and done. Autoplicity.com seems to have the best prices for Clutch Master products. Don't let the pictures on the website fool you, the "kits" include a flywheel. SF in the part number stands for "steel flywheel", and AF stands for "aluminum flywheel". Oh, and stick with a steel flywheel. They can take a beating.

http://autoplicity.com/products/2682...lutch_kit.aspx
      Last edited by derekjl; 12-09-2013 at 11:23 PM.
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

4. Member
      Vehicles
      12-11-2013 12:25 AM #4
      Yeah my buddy just told me clutch masters seems to be a solid brand. Have you ordered off that site before? How reliable is it?
      #333 8v Society
      Mk4 GTI 2.0L