Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 42

    Thread: Trade-In of the Week: Edition 918 Spyder

    1. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      5,318
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      12-16-2013 10:50 PM #1
      What you're about to see is one of the more "interesting" options on the Porsche 918 options list. Most of you probably already know this, but it bears repeating: if you buy a 918 Spyder, you have the option of ordering a matching 911 Turbo S "Edition 918 Spyder" (coupe or cab) to go with it. This special-edition 911 will have a limited production run of 918, and is only for sale to 918 buyers.

      So what am I doing with this car? Well, the gentleman who purchased his 918 decided to use the matching 911 as a daily driver, racking up an impressive 33,000 miles to date. However, for whatever reason, he decided it was time for a new DD. So he stopped by McLaren and traded it for a used McLaren MP4-12C

      I'd driven a couple 997's before; a stick-shift base and a PDK S. Obviously, the Turbo S is essentially the same car, but there were some noticeable differences: first, the suspension is substantially stiffer than the NA counterparts. This sucks over the ubiquitous torn-up tarmac in this neck of the woods, but the handling is even more lively and direct than the NA cars. So there's your trade-off. The other very noticeable difference is the PAH. Holy crapoly, this thing is FAST. And it makes an incredible noise as you howl toward redline, goodness gracious. The acceleration is so ferocious as to be almost frightening, yet the car still has that feeling...James May calls it "the fizz"...to me, it's that intangible quality that makes you want to chuck the car harder into every corner, and grants you an ever-widening grin as you do so. It's that exact quality that I look for in every car; it's one of the big reasons I bought my FR-S, and it's the main reason I don't like the GT-R.

      Okay, enough with my blabbing. Picture time!

      33k. to the PO for driving this thing like a real car and not hiding it in his garage!



      So anyway, I headed up my favorite road to my new favorite photo spot...































      Jeez, it was so hazy and gross today. Oh well, what are you gonna do...













      There are a bunch more pics here if you want to see the standard "for sale" shots. And if you're interested in buying this thing, click here.

      Thanks for looking!
      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    2. Member konigwheels's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2002
      Location
      OP WA
      Posts
      4,678
      Vehicles
      MB 500SE AMG, Ford Focus ZX3, Loyale wagon, Mitsu pickup, Yamaha R6
      12-16-2013 10:55 PM #2
      Whaaaat? Consider me outside the loop! I didn't know the 918 was even available for purchase yet, let alone long enough for an owner to rack up 33K on its lovely full sized "key chain".

      Very interesting. Any knowledge on the cost of this Model? Is it a full sticker price Turbo Cab, or discounted due to the 918 already being purchased? I find it crazy that this car exists.

    3. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      21,221
      Vehicles
      2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited
      12-16-2013 10:56 PM #3
      The neon graphics are hideous, but otherwise
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    4. Member westy66's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 3rd, 2000
      Posts
      1,915
      Vehicles
      08 Cayenne Turbo ~ 68 VW Double Cab
      12-16-2013 11:02 PM #4
      Never heard of this edition. Thanks for sharing.

      as rare as it is, i obviously wouldnt turn down a free one, but id never drive a vert 911. i dont think I like the day-glo trim. And those fog lights are awful.

    5. Member Crimping Is Easy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 13th, 2012
      Location
      Findlay, Ohio
      Posts
      4,139
      Vehicles
      2001 Honda Prelude
      12-16-2013 11:11 PM #5
      I have a question.

      If somebody were to buy a new McLaren from your place, what happens to it in terms of detailing? Do you guys do it in-house, or do you have a place where you send all your cars?

      Excellent pictures and car, btw.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Everyone who writes for Jalopnik is an excellent writer and journalist.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSVnVJrTDGM

    6. Member Mr. Chaos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2010
      Location
      Asheville, NC
      Posts
      1,067
      Vehicles
      03 Nissan Altima
      12-16-2013 11:22 PM #6
      so this is a future investment level car? like a yanko camaro, etc?
      Quote Originally Posted by turbo_nine View Post
      Is that like a volcano of douche, or just a canoe of douche?

    7. Member AeroWagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2nd, 2009
      Location
      Upstate NY
      Posts
      1,241
      12-16-2013 11:34 PM #7
      Nice shots, and I can have whatever your job is kthx.
      I like cars.

    8. Member nickthaskater's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      12,082
      Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      12-16-2013 11:45 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chaos View Post
      so this is a future investment level car? like a yanko camaro, etc?
      *Yenko

      And probably not if it's separated from it's 918 Spyder counterpart.

    9. Member R3Drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2010
      Location
      By the Bay, CA
      Posts
      1,568
      Vehicles
      Personal: 1997 LS1/T56 V90, 2008 Silverado 1500 VMax Work: 2012 Camry L
      12-17-2013 12:41 AM #9
      Great pics as always Hush!

      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      I have a question.

      If somebody were to buy a new McLaren from your place, what happens to it in terms of detailing? Do you guys do it in-house, or do you have a place where you send all your cars?

      Excellent pictures and car, btw.
      If I remember correctly, they have a specialist come in and perform the detail.
      LS1 Volvo Thread

      Previously owned - MkV R32 #3917

    10. 12-17-2013 12:55 AM #10
      They made 918 of these 997 Turbo S's only available to buyers of the 918 Spyder?

      What happens if the 918 owner wasn't interested in purchasing the Turbo S?

    11. Senior Member .:1of1500:.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2003
      Location
      Allentown, PA
      Posts
      21,187
      Vehicles
      4.2, 3.2, 3.4
      12-17-2013 01:12 AM #11
      So how does a dealer value this car? I imagine he got used Turbo S cab money with 33k miles.

      What's the selling price?
      2007 Audi RS4 l 2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 l 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited

    12. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      5,318
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      12-17-2013 02:08 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      Whaaaat? Consider me outside the loop! I didn't know the 918 was even available for purchase yet, let alone long enough for an owner to rack up 33K on its lovely full sized "key chain".

      Very interesting. Any knowledge on the cost of this Model? Is it a full sticker price Turbo Cab, or discounted due to the 918 already being purchased? I find it crazy that this car exists.
      Well, like the McLaren P1, Porsche already took all the orders for the 918. I guess the special 911 was a way to tide the buyers over while they wait for the 918 to arrive

      You'd think that, Porsche being Porsche, it'd be about $30k for the green colorway. Actually, they are the exact same price as the regular Turbo S coupes and cabs.

      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      I have a question.

      If somebody were to buy a new McLaren from your place, what happens to it in terms of detailing? Do you guys do it in-house, or do you have a place where you send all your cars?

      Excellent pictures and car, btw.
      First, thanks!

      Anyway, good question. Here's the mini-story if you want to hear it. My dealership contracts a detailing company for all the cars we have (under both McLaren and Volvo. and formerly Fisker as well). The lead guy, who got assigned elsewhere (out of our control...bummer!) was really dedicated and meticulous, so he would take care of the new McLarens. Unfortunately, after he left, the quality standards went down in the detail department. Now, we contract another detailer who comes in and only takes care of new McLarens. You just get an average wash if you buy a new Volvo, haha.

      When you buy a new McLaren, it has to be perfect. And it's not just about being surgically clean either. We've sent cars to body shops to have the headlight or hood alignment corrected if it's not perfect when it arrives. I have some funky pics that I can't show you guys

      Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chaos View Post
      so this is a future investment level car? like a yanko camaro, etc?
      Well, I was actually pretty surprised to see that someone wanted to sell this car in general. I figured the (matching-numbers) 911 and 918's would always stick together as a pair.

      This one is far below MSRP...I wonder how low the depreciation curve will go before it inevitably comes back up in value?



      Quote Originally Posted by AeroWagon View Post
      Nice shots, and I can have whatever your job is kthx.
      haha, thanks. And I dunno, there's the good and bad of everything. Luckily the good here is driving and shooting fun cars, which is fun to share with you guys.

      Quote Originally Posted by R3Drew View Post
      Great pics as always Hush!
      Thanks dood. Your Volvo would look good out there

      Quote Originally Posted by MZMDCM99 View Post
      They made 918 of these 997 Turbo S's only available to buyers of the 918 Spyder?

      What happens if the 918 owner wasn't interested in purchasing the Turbo S?
      If you don't want it, you don't have to buy it; it's an option. However, I read an interesting tidbit on Autoblog.

      You do not have to buy the accompanying Turbo S 918 edition, but as a Porsche spokesperson tells us, "so far, all 918 Spyder customers have taken their matching-number Turbo S." (A report we have been given reason to doubt, but...) Naturally, the numbers on the little badges inside match, which is totally cute. Our tester was numbered "000," which automatically made us cooler than anyone.


      And just a few more. Here's the part that's worth $100,000:





      Side note: it's crazy how fast the back of a 911 gets dirty. I couldn't take a good pic of the badge up in the hills because I didn't have a rage to wipe down the scum that formed around it.

      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    13. Member HI SPEED's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2004
      Location
      Honolulu
      Posts
      3,049
      12-17-2013 02:32 AM #13
      I see one of these cruising around out here in the exact same color scheme. I thought it was just someone with very poor taste. Never put 2, and 2 together, thanks for answering the question in my mind. I thought he cobbled together some fake special edition.

      IMO the green brakes, and S look turrible, in person. I wonder if they only come in gray? On a black, white, or green it would look good, but the gray... No mas.

      Now that I know that the guy has a 918 in the mail, I hate him a little more now.

    14. Senior Member Son's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2000
      Location
      Finland, The EU
      Posts
      28,959
      Vehicles
      '09 VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, '09 Cannondale Six 105, '13 Trek Fuel EX 9.8
      12-17-2013 03:11 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
      What you're about to see is one of the more "interesting" options on the Porsche 918 options list. Most of you probably already know this, but it bears repeating: if you buy a 918 Spyder, you have the option of ordering a matching 911 Turbo S "Edition 918 Spyder" (coupe or cab) to go with it. This special-edition 911 will have a limited production run of 918, and is only for sale to 918 buyers.
      So was it only available for those who ordered a 918 Spyder? I'd imagine so, as there's only one 911 Edition 918 Spyder for each 918 Spyder. Or maybe they sold the rest to non-918 Spyder buyers, when all the 918 Spyders were spoken for. But how special would that make a 918 Spyder owner feel if the other 911 Edition 918 Spyder owner at the traffic lights could be just anyone who couldn't afford the 918 Spyder?

      Also, the car is already an old model when the first owners take delivery of their 918 Spyders. I understand if the idea was that the 911 is a car for them to drive around while they wait for their 918 but if the idea was that you'd keep the car with the 918, then it's outdated now and I'm sure many 918 buyers having one of these Edition 918's want to update to the 991 Turbo S already.
      Previously known as Son of a B...5er!

    15. Member Ryukein's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Detroit, MI / Carlisle, MA
      Posts
      12,696
      Vehicles
      1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Turbodiesel
      12-17-2013 08:26 AM #15
      Very cool! It's weird to me that they traded it in though. Even if you're not gonna drive it anymore and you want a 12C to replace it or even just a 991 Turbo, I'd keep the car in my collection with my 918.
      Twitter | Car Photoblog | Art Blog | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Lincoln, NE
      Posts
      1,831
      Vehicles
      1982 Porsche 911SC | 1986 BMW 735i | 1966 Corvair | 2010 Mazda5 | 2002 Chevy 2500HD
      12-17-2013 08:52 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post

      When you buy a new McLaren, it has to be perfect. And it's not just about being surgically clean either. We've sent cars to body shops to have the headlight or hood alignment corrected if it's not perfect when it arrives. I have some funky pics that I can't show you guys
      The only part about this that's hard to understand is the idea that Ron Dennis would let a McLaren out of the factory with a misaligned ANYTHING. Do you think it's been shipping / transport issues, or are you catching some slight factory slip-ups?
      Quote Originally Posted by sosumi on the B6 S4 V8
      It sounds like a giant shotgun and then like a bunch of ground up Yugo's in a cement mixer followed by weeks of silence interspersed by wails from the owner.

    17. Member Denniswhat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 11th, 2007
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      1,658
      Vehicles
      06 350z
      12-17-2013 08:59 AM #17
      I've driven a bunch of DFI turbo S's. They are downright crazy fast. Launch control is neat too

    18. Member AdrockMK2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 2005
      Location
      NOTL, ON
      Posts
      3,285
      Vehicles
      Mazda 3 GT
      12-17-2013 09:35 AM #18
      That is the most expensive "My other car is a Porsche 918" bumper sticker I've ever seen.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2008
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      354
      Vehicles
      1 german 1 american and 1 japanese american hybrid
      12-17-2013 10:11 AM #19
      European Car did a piece on one of coupe variants of the 918 edition 911.

      Some guy from Hawaii basically buys one above MSRP and proceeds to make a couple of modifications to a pretty rare car. Nice to see at least 2 of the 918 were or are getting driven!



      SAUCE - http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...on_918_spyder/

    20. Member Mr.Tan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 2004
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      18,662
      Vehicles
      '01 VW , '12 S4
      12-17-2013 10:27 AM #20
      someone traded a black coupe to the local porsche/audi dealership near me for an A6. said he needed something more practical.... beautiful car for sure, the green accents really do it for me.
      IG @mr_tan

    21. Senior Member 6cylVWguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2000
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      23,053
      Blog Entries
      4
      Vehicles
      '12 GT; '94 SLC
      12-17-2013 10:29 AM #21
      Very cool and thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this model. It just goes to show you how insanely wealthy people are who buy cars in this price range. I have a conniption with any automotive option package that's more than say $1500, which is why I typically buy base model cars with few options. I couldn't really fathom buying a car as a expensive as a 918 and then throwing caution to the wind, saying what the hell, and spending another ~$180k or so and buying a another car as part of an option package for the first. Crazy!

    22. Member Ryukein's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Detroit, MI / Carlisle, MA
      Posts
      12,696
      Vehicles
      1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TD Turbodiesel
      12-17-2013 10:31 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Very cool and thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this model. It just goes to show you how insanely wealthy people are who buy cars in this price range. I have a conniption with any automotive option package that's more than say $1500, which is why I typically buy base model cars with few options. I couldn't really fathom buying a car as a expensive as a 918 and then throwing caution to the wind, saying what the hell, and spending another ~$180k or so and buying a another car as part of an option package for the first. Crazy!
      And I highly doubt that these were the only options that the 918 buyers ordered on their new hypercar
      Twitter | Car Photoblog | Art Blog | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.

    23. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      5,318
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      12-17-2013 03:46 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      So was it only available for those who ordered a 918 Spyder? I'd imagine so, as there's only one 911 Edition 918 Spyder for each 918 Spyder. Or maybe they sold the rest to non-918 Spyder buyers, when all the 918 Spyders were spoken for. But how special would that make a 918 Spyder owner feel if the other 911 Edition 918 Spyder owner at the traffic lights could be just anyone who couldn't afford the 918 Spyder?

      Also, the car is already an old model when the first owners take delivery of their 918 Spyders. I understand if the idea was that the 911 is a car for them to drive around while they wait for their 918 but if the idea was that you'd keep the car with the 918, then it's outdated now and I'm sure many 918 buyers having one of these Edition 918's want to update to the 991 Turbo S already.
      Well, as I posted above, apparently all nine-hundred-eighteen buyers of the 918 chose to buy a matching 911.

      The car is "old" now, but it's not like they could have given them a 991 Turbo S back in 2012. Anyway, 997's are brilliant cars, and it's the last 911 before electric power steering. Plus, anyone who's bored of their Edition 918 Spyder 911 Turbo S can definitely afford a 991 Turbo S!

      Quote Originally Posted by ArmenB View Post
      The only part about this that's hard to understand is the idea that Ron Dennis would let a McLaren out of the factory with a misaligned ANYTHING. Do you think it's been shipping / transport issues, or are you catching some slight factory slip-ups?
      I suspect the issues happened in transport, but I really don't know; it's a mystery. Not like anyone wants to admit to messing up a McLaren

      Quote Originally Posted by Denniswhat View Post
      I've driven a bunch of DFI turbo S's. They are downright crazy fast. Launch control is neat too
      I love how the steering wheel lights up with SPORT PLUS and LAUNCH CONTROL. Just an extra little spaceship touch that makes you giggle

      (not my photos)



      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    24. Member mhjett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2000
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      7,750
      Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      12-17-2013 04:44 PM #24
      According to the CarFax, the guy leased it. I would imagine he had a pretty big mileage penalty for that. Although, if he also bought a 918 Spyder, I imagine money wasn't too much of an object.
      2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5 [current]
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

    25. 12-17-2013 05:52 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Very cool and thanks for sharing. I was not aware of this model. It just goes to show you how insanely wealthy people are who buy cars in this price range. I have a conniption with any automotive option package that's more than say $1500, which is why I typically buy base model cars with few options. I couldn't really fathom buying a car as a expensive as a 918 and then throwing caution to the wind, saying what the hell, and spending another ~$180k or so and buying a another car as part of an option package for the first. Crazy!
      I think i made the comment elsewhere, but its still the same argument. If you have the cake to spend close to a million bucks on a car, chances are 180K isnt that big a deal. Its like buying a 20K car with a $3,500 technology pack or something similar in terms of cost.

    26. Member ChiefWilNel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2009
      Location
      Benton, Arkansas
      Posts
      2,260
      12-17-2013 06:11 PM #26
      really confused...911, 997 918
      If you need HIDs to see , then you shouldn't be driving <--sig material

    27. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      5,318
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      12-17-2013 07:17 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by .:1of1500:. View Post
      So how does a dealer value this car? I imagine he got used Turbo S cab money with 33k miles.

      What's the selling price?
      Forgot to reply to this earlier...sorry.

      It doesn't say on the site, but I heard $129k tossed around yesterday as the sale price. I wonder how much more they will depreciate?

      Quote Originally Posted by SgtArky View Post
      really confused...911, 997 918
      What part of that is confusing? I'll try to break it down:

      911: the model name for Porsche's rear-engined sports car



      997: the chassis designation for the 2005-2012 Porsche 911 (GT2 shown)



      918: Porsche's new hypercar; plug-in hybrid, AWD, total 887hp/940tq. Production limited to 918.

      Last edited by hushypushy; 12-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.
      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    28. Banned 100% Asian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 12th, 2013
      Location
      SFL
      Posts
      1,254
      Vehicles
      2013 Evo X, 2007 MS3, 1991 CRX Si B18C5, 1964 Honda S600, 2001 Honda CBR900RR
      12-17-2013 09:35 PM #28
      Why wouldn't they give you a 991 Turbo S...

    29. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      5,318
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      12-17-2013 09:38 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by 100% Asian View Post
      Why wouldn't they give you a 991 Turbo S...
      ....maybe it has something to do with the fact that the 991 Turbo S was revealed in 2013 and Porsche released the Edition 918 Spyder Turbo S in 2011?
      Last edited by hushypushy; 12-17-2013 at 09:41 PM.
      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    30. 12-17-2013 09:45 PM #30
      It must be nice to be insanely rich to the point where you can buy a 911 Turbo S as daily driver "beater" in lieu of your 918 garage queen. Jealous indeed.

    31. Senior Member Iroczgirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2007
      Location
      Bend, OR
      Posts
      21,651
      Vehicles
      '55 Ford 351C, '80 Typ 17 AAZ, '88 Typ 53b 9A
      12-17-2013 10:02 PM #31
      Strange that they traded it in. How affordable is "way below msrp"?
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: '55 Ford 351C, '70 TR6 262Olds, '80 Rabbit AAZ, '84 C30 350, '86 Scirocco PL, '88 Scirocco 9A, '97 Hardbody KA24E, '01 TJ 150AMC.

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2006
      Location
      NoVA, USA
      Posts
      556
      12-17-2013 10:09 PM #32
      What's the badge on the passenger front fender, and why is it "missing" from the driver's side?
      From a distance it looks like the turn signal on a gray-market 964.

    33. Member hushypushy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2009
      Location
      San Francisco, CA
      Posts
      5,318
      Vehicles
      '13 FR-S
      12-18-2013 06:08 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by chronoguy View Post
      It must be nice to be insanely rich to the point where you can buy a 911 Turbo S as daily driver "beater" in lieu of your 918 garage queen. Jealous indeed.
      Yeah. And then you just trade it in on a McLaren to be your next daily driver

      We just took in a 12C for consignment, the original owner put 29k miles on since January 2012. Strikingly similar to the Turbo S, which has 33k miles since December 2011. Daily driven supercars are not uncommon around here

      Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      Strange that they traded it in. How affordable is "way below msrp"?
      I agree, but my coworker (dude who runs the McLaren side) didn't really find it strange at all.

      I heard $129k being tossed around. I gotta check for an update; the car is off our website but it's still sitting in the back. Maybe it sold already.

      Quote Originally Posted by der Scherzkeks View Post
      What's the badge on the passenger front fender, and why is it "missing" from the driver's side?
      From a distance it looks like the turn signal on a gray-market 964.
      No idea why there's only one of them. I don't even know why it exists in the first place...it is yet ANOTHER badge. It was a little dirty so I didn't attempt to get a really good photo of it...I think I literally only took one snap of it and gave up:



      Personally I think it looks lame, like a little scab. If this were my car, I would not change a single thing except remove that particular badge.
      Want even more hushypushy? Automotive photography and journalism for the sophisticated gearhead: Star Road.

    34. Member
      Join Date
      May 23rd, 2008
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      328
      Vehicles
      something fun
      12-20-2013 01:36 PM #34
      Solid pics brah.

      I would totally rock this in hardtop form! I love the neon green/yellow accents. It's just subtle enough to make it rad. I almost want to powder coat my 135i's Brembos in this color

    35. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      ur mums house
      Posts
      35,649
      Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      12-20-2013 02:59 PM #35
      The green does it for me.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Quote Originally Posted by GoForBroke View Post
      I'm noticing more and more that Aonarch has some of the better comments.
      Aye, I do.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •