A lot has gone into this car; blood, sweat, tears and lots of coin. All of those things being mine. If you haven't read the build thread, do it. You'll realize I did all the work myself except for the custom turbo setup. I know this car inside out, its runs like an absolute beast but still has 100% stock like drivability. Thanks be to Jeff and Matt at United Motorsport for that!
The basics. On 91 octane at 5000 feet above sea level it put down 380 wheel horse and 390 wheel torks. The fastest I've gone in the 1/4 mile at this elevation is 13.4@108ish on 91 octane with heavy as F 19" VMRs. That doesn't sound fast but everything goes insanely slow up here. On race gas I'm sure it will put down well over 400 of each and it will go deep into the 11s in the 1/4 mile at sea level. You might be shopping for a bottom end then. It's fast, its loud, it looks cool/turns heads/gets thumbs ups on a daily basis. It gets over 30mpg on the highway. The car is not perfect, I drive it a lot and I drive it hard. It was built to reliably handle the power and aggressive driving that I do. It just passed 35,000 miles and the price I'm listing it for reflects this. Technically it still has a warranty but, you know, just look at it. They laugh when I pull into the dealership for warranty work. Its black so if you need the paint to be perfect move along. It still manages to win awards at shows. It has been the subject of a few professional photo shoots, some of which I still haven't seen the pics from yet! I will gladly re-spray the front bumper which I plan to do anyway this spring when I fill the license plate holes. Yes, it has front license plate holes, sorry. The custom turbo setup is based around an APR stage 3 GT2871R and an APR manifold but the rest was built by Gabe at Bluewater Performance in Denver. The car was custom tuned on a 4wd dyno at my elevation by Jeff and Matt at United Motorsport. I will gladly help you get the car retuned for your elevation. The car has only seen snow a few times and has spent the vast majority of its life in a heated parking garage. It is currently registered in Wisconsin where it does not have to pass emissions so the car does not have a catalytic converter. If you need to pass emissions a cat can be installed and the tune can be tweaked so it passes. I am not trying to hide anything. The car is far from perfect. I purchased the car new in March of 2012, it was one of the first Golf R's in the US, it has a December 2011 build date.
- NewSouth boost gauge mounted on the steering column.
- Minor vagcom tweaks like keyfob window roll up.
- Chopped shifter stalk.
- The front fenders have been rolled and pulled and the liners slightly trimmed.
- The rear crash beam has a custom hitch welded onto it that I was going to use to hold a bike rack. I never used it but the receiver is there. Its hidden behind the license plate, nobody knows its there. I will gladly put a new stock crash beam on it.
- The car is featured on VMR's website.
- The underside of the front bumper cover has a decent scrape in it from pulling into my old parking garage. You cant see it, its on the underside and now its covered by a Home Depot lip spoiler that actually looks kinda ok.
- If I think of other things Ill add them.
- De-badge rear R emblem
- Black VW emblems front and rear
- Factory black textured mirror caps
- Plasti-dipped rear valence, grille and front bumper inserts
- Tinted windows, Llumar 35% all around with 5% windshield strip.
- Paint matched side markers
- Replica LED tail lights, I have the stocks if you want them.
- Opti-Coat done by Lui at AutomobileDaySpa
- BSH torque mount insert
- TyrolSport rigid subframe collars. Have, but not installed, you can have them.
- Diesel Geek Sigma Six short shifter
- K-Sport Kontrol Pro coilovers, I have the complete stock suspension if you want it.
- 19" VMR V709s with 235-35-19 BFG KDW's
- Brembo 18Z big brake kit
- 80mm Stud conversion
- United Motorsport custom big turbo tune with all the fixins like Launch Control, No Lift Shift, adjustable boost etc.
- BSH Catch can
- HEP aluminum coolant expansion tank
- Custom MAF housing/intake w/evoms airbox
- Custom downpipe
- APR exhaust manifold
- 42 Draft Designs catback with gloss black tips
- Autotech HPFP internals
- Godspeed Intercooler
- CTS throttle body pipe
- R8 red top coilpacks and red wiring harness cover
- Spec Stage 3 clutch
$35,000. Try me, I'd love to call your bluff.