Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my new cat is an A$$HOLE

Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      02-11-2014 02:35 PM #1
      I picked up a cat from the shelter than 4.5 months old.

I let him bond with me and my partner, we let him in bed, have free reign of the house, and he gets treats, etc.

BUT THEN....HE WON'T F**KING LEAVE US ALONE!!!!! DEAR GOD!
      We can't do anything where he wants more attention than a dog. He must be pet every 3 seconds. He meows non-stop. He nearly makes you trip every step. EVERY night he wakes us up. Try to shut the door? NOPE! He throws a tanturm and meows non-stop.

HELP!

How do I keep the cat and sanity?!
      Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

2. Member
      02-11-2014 02:41 PM #2
      You can't change a cat. Not gonna happen.

3. 02-11-2014 02:46 PM #3
      Catnip should calm it down.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. 02-11-2014 02:47 PM #4
      instagram: d0ugriley

mkv raised subframe

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      02-11-2014 02:47 PM #5
      Wait, I thought you were out of the pu$$y game?

Also, no - Kittahs gonna Kittah. Get used to it.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

MKV GTI : 4dr / TR / 50mm Vogtland & FK cup kit / 27mm Hotchkis RSB / S6 Reps / Stubby Antenna / Baby seat!!!

Vehicles
      Land Rover - Audi
      02-11-2014 02:50 PM #6
      Get another cat.
      VW/Audi/German Car T-Shirts - CHEAP ----> http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...7#post82955767

Vehicles
      2.3L 16V ABA, SN 95 Mustang V8, 2013 Frontier V6
      02-11-2014 02:53 PM #7
      He is just spoiled happy to have you.
      Me and the Wife rescued 1 a year ago. She was abandoned by their previous owners out on the street. Ever since she bonded with us; she follows us around. She use to get cat crazy around 1-2 in the morning and there is no way to change that (have had a few cats and dogs before this), and start running around and play with things. Now before going to bed we pick up the toys and try to play with her before bed time so as to tire her a little. It has worked a little bit but every once in a while she will cat nuts but we got used to it.
      Enjoy it and hopefully you will get used to it with time.
      Quote Originally Posted by Preppy View Post
      On a scale from flaming bag of dog poop to drunken sex with a hot stripper... your car is a case of herpes from a girl you picked up at wal mart.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-11-2014 02:53 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
      Get another cat.
      Yup. It will either leave you alone or you will murder both of them.
      Did you know you can use old motor oil to fertilize your lawn?
      Quote Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
      I hope deadmau5 is on a forum somewhere calling patrikman a douchebag too.
      Support Your Local Homebrewery Pocket Pool Team Captain IPRO

02-11-2014 03:01 PM #9
      On the next episode of Gay Man Gets Pu$$y.....
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

02-11-2014 03:05 PM #10
      stay in drugs, eat school, and don't do vegetables
      permanent vacation

Vehicles
      E46 330ci and Bikes.
      02-11-2014 03:05 PM #11
      I love cat hate. LET IT FLOW!!!!
      No Signature. Only Krav Khalash.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      Schwinn Continental
      02-11-2014 03:07 PM #12
      Weird, I woulda have thought cats were afraid of bears.

Vehicles
      2.0l 16V 88 Rocco
      02-11-2014 03:07 PM #13
      Your first mistake was getting a cat...

Your second mistake was, no wait, you only made one mistake.
      Personal responsibility, a lost art.

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      02-11-2014 03:17 PM #14
      The OP obviously isn't properly trained cat staff yet. You'll figure it out eventually. You exist to cater to your cat. Once you have worked out your diminished spot in your household, it gets a lot easier.

If I sleep in, I get cat head butts to get my lazy ass out of bed and do my morning staff job of putting canned cat food in the dish. I telecommute. Around 1:30pm, I get a reminder that the cat food dish is either mostly empty or filled with fossilized wet cat food. Completely unacceptable.

Sorry... this post was just interrupted with my cat walking across me as I was typing. She's now standing on the top of the chair flicking her tail in my face. I'm OK with being #2 in the house.

Vehicles
      Mini R55 S, Honda Pilot
      02-11-2014 03:18 PM #15
      Get a dog.
      FTFY.

Vehicles
      '03 BMP 20th GTI, '84 TD Jetta
      02-11-2014 03:35 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      The OP obviously isn't properly trained cat staff yet. You'll figure it out eventually. You exist to cater to your cat. Once you have worked out your diminished spot in your household, it gets a lot easier.

If I sleep in, I get cat head butts to get my lazy ass out of bed and do my morning staff job of putting canned cat food in the dish. I telecommute. Around 1:30pm, I get a reminder that the cat food dish is either mostly empty or filled with fossilized wet cat food. Completely unacceptable.

Sorry... this post was just interrupted with my cat walking across me as I was typing. She's now standing on the top of the chair flicking her tail in my face. I'm OK with being #2 in the house.
      Sounds like mine. She loves her routine, and its been thrown off with hubby out of town for work lately. He gets up before me in the mornings, so the first few days he was gone, she was on the bed, head butting me and licking my face to wake me up, since it was time for *someone* to be awake! She's cooled off now, but she's right there as soon as my alarm goes off now, super snuggly and lovey.

She really is very attached. I know cats get a stereotype of not caring, but that really isn't true of a lot of them (some of them though, for sure). She has always been sweet but since she's our only pet and we have no kids, she gets a lot of attention and has gotten very close to us over the last 4 years we've had her. No changing it either. Is it annoying sometimes? You bet, especially with hubby out of town...just one person in the house isn't enough! So she's following me around like crazy and in my lap within 30 seconds of me sitting down. But I'm glad she's so sweet. Its more like having a dog at times, but without having to walk it so that's nice
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      VW-making mechanics out of owners since 1957.
      The project - '84 Jetta 1.6TD, 186k+, fully rebuilt, Giles IP and injectors, 2.5" custom exhaust, 51mpg
      Hers - '03 BMP 20thAE GTI, 130k, 3" 42DD turbo back, Unitronic Stage 2
      His - '01 Jetta TDI, 135k. Now has 3 pedals, as it should!

02-11-2014 03:43 PM #17
      Get another cat.
      Exactly. Worked for us many times. They are just attention sponges.

Last edited by barry2952; 02-11-2014 at 03:46 PM.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

Vehicles
      2001 GTI VR6
      02-11-2014 03:45 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      my new cat is an A$$HOLE
      So, basically, a cat.

Vehicles
      93 525iT, 91 318iS
      02-11-2014 03:48 PM #19
      Squirt gun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      02 SVT Focus: Jackson Racing supercharged (SOLD )
      91 318is
      93 525iT

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      02-11-2014 03:58 PM #20
      I just moved in to a loft town house so the bedroom is upstairs with no door. This means the cat is able to come and go as it pleases. It has been going nuts between 3-5am every night. So I know your pain, I have a super soaker that I am shooting her with constantly. it'll work for 20 min then she will dry off and be back at it. So far a week has gone by and she does not care about the water anymore...
      Demokratically Elekted Harbinger of Beetus & Confektionariy Devices of The Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      I contribute nothing of value to this thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eberger View Post
      Methamphetamine and masturbation go together like chocolate and peanut butter... I guess.

21. Member Sir UNBANNED_GERBIL M.B.'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      WIFES: 2013 Lincoln MKT Elite Ecoboost (stock for now) MINE: LS2 CTS-V (few mods)
      02-11-2014 04:01 PM #21
      Squirt with water bottle. I had to with my cats and they quickly learned. The puppy however, loves the water
      Some previous rides:
      B7 Avant 3.2 6MT(Dolphin Grey, Sline, Titanium, Every option) Missed
      MK5 GTI DSG(Candy White, Loaded, APR1) Not Missed
      Nissan X-Trail SE(Champlain Green, AWD, Loaded) Missed
      MKIV Jetta GLS TDI 5MT(Galactic Blue, Pipercross, Upsolute, Eibach, Hella, Loaded) Missed

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      02-11-2014 04:07 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Rockerchick View Post
      Sounds like mine. She loves her routine, and its been thrown off with hubby out of town for work lately. He gets up before me in the mornings, so the first few days he was gone, she was on the bed, head butting me and licking my face to wake me up, since it was time for *someone* to be awake! She's cooled off now, but she's right there as soon as my alarm goes off now, super snuggly and lovey.

She really is very attached. I know cats get a stereotype of not caring, but that really isn't true of a lot of them (some of them though, for sure). She has always been sweet but since she's our only pet and we have no kids, she gets a lot of attention and has gotten very close to us over the last 4 years we've had her. No changing it either. Is it annoying sometimes? You bet, especially with hubby out of town...just one person in the house isn't enough! So she's following me around like crazy and in my lap within 30 seconds of me sitting down. But I'm glad she's so sweet. Its more like having a dog at times, but without having to walk it so that's nice
      I had two litter mate sisters. This one is a 14-year-old longhair tortoise with a big personality. Her sister was a grey & white shorthair who was quite skittish. I worked with the skittish one constantly and she finally came out of her shell at around age 10 and would want to be right next to me constantly when I'm working. Sadly, the shorthair died in her sleep last March at age 13. I woke up early on a Saturday morning to go skiing, saw her 'sleeping' on the floor at the foot of the guest bed, walked over, and she wasn't moving. That sucked. Her sister likes the exclusive attention. For many years, I pushed her away to make sure her sister got attention. I'm now full-time cat staff for one cat.

Sorry. I'm working from my leather recliner and a cat just jumped up on my chest. She's now sitting here purring as I type. I have about 2 or 3 hours of conference calls and typing at my laptop from this position.

The worst problem I have is cat hair-clogged keyboards on my laptop computers. After about two years, I have to order a replacement keyboard and install it.

Vehicles
      '11 Kia Optima LX, '09 Mazda5 GT, '14 Pyeonghwa Hwiparma II
      02-11-2014 04:15 PM #23
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

"Yeah I wouldn't blow 3" either." - emmettlodge

24. 02-11-2014 04:16 PM #24
      My cats are a$$holes too - in fact that is exactly how my wife and I refer to them. "Did/Will you feed the a$$holes?" is a daily question here. They are so bad at night we close them out of the bedroom... I'm up every morning at 4:30 for work - they hear my alarm go off and they are waiting outside my door, attempting to charge in. As soon as the see me, they start crying for food like they haven't eaten in weeks. I ignore that and shower/dress, then downstairs. By now I can't ignore their whining and feed them just to shut them up so I can eat my breakfast in peace, then out the door.

I'm usually home by early afternoon, and they mostly sleep on the couch or bed during the day, but as it gets close to 5pm, and especially as soon as my wife gets home, the food whining resumes. If the spray bottle is handy, sometimes I will squirt them for a reprieve, but we don't feed them until ~6:30. At this point they go into what my wife calls "aggressively affectionate" mode. They must site on us, no matter how inconvenient or uncomfortable a lap there is to occupy. If your hand is not petting them, they will do it for you. One insists on snuzzling his cold, wet nose against any piece of exposed skin he can find. A$$hole.

As soon as we start to get ready for bed, one of them has decided that she is far to sneaky to be locked out of the room at night and immediately goes under the bed before we can close them out. The other is too dumb for even that. After a few minutes, once we've closed ourselves in, she will emerge and go into aggressively affectionate mode, get caught, and get kicked out of the room for the night.

I've always been a car person, but these two may be changing that

25. 02-11-2014 04:24 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by HENRYH View Post
      So, basically, a cat.
      This.

Vehicles
      1996 VW GTI, 2005 Forester XT
      02-11-2014 04:31 PM #26
      +1 you gotta play w your cat before bedtime. I've got an a$$hole cat, 15lbs of crushing weight.

But he's crazy polite and doesn't overstay his welcome. Guy cats > Lady cats
      Shutup and drive yo cah'!

27. Member
      02-11-2014 04:46 PM #27
      Get another cat.
      After 14 years of having an a$$hole cat, we went this route two months ago.

Now she just has one more living thing to be an a$$hole to. Non-stop hissing and mooOOOOWWWwwwwing. The little dude just eggs her on.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      02-11-2014 04:55 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by mavric_ac View Post
      Ironic that that video is 22 seconds long.

That, and the guy is a terrible shot. How can you not put one in the head from that range? I shot a possum w/ a .45 185gr JHP from about 10' once. Turned the thing inside out!

And OP, I guess you've confirmed it, ALL men are ruled by *****!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladecatcher
      I view a good fart in a steamy shower like a thick, milky bong hit. You just know it's gonna cause some damage once it hits your lungs.

Vehicles
      2003 Civic SiR
      02-11-2014 04:56 PM #29
      Wow, so glad I'm a dog lover. This thread is giving me anxiety, and I can see myself punching cats reading your posts.

30. 02-11-2014 04:57 PM #30
      So, you have a cat does none of the **** people typically berate cats for, and he's an *******?

Look at this way... Could be worse. You could have a kid.
      I'm really just here for the pancakes.
      I'm Sorry Hachi... I love you.

31. Member
      02-11-2014 04:57 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Ironic that that video is 22 seconds long.

That, and the guy is a terrible shot. How can you not put one in the head from that range? I shot a possum w/ a .45 185gr JHP from about 10' once. Turned the thing inside out!

And OP, I guess you've confirmed it, ALL men are ruled by *****!
      That's Glitterdick himself.

32. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Rline Candy White
      02-11-2014 05:00 PM #32

Just be glad its not like my daughters cat.... I cant even go near that evil f'in thing...

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      02-11-2014 05:17 PM #33
      That's what you get for getting a cat you mo!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

Vehicles
      B5 2.8Q, Buell XB9S
      02-11-2014 05:50 PM #34
      So my options are:
      -another cat
      -water bottle
      -pistol

He's a good cat most of the time...but he gets in a needy mood and it's worse than my last girlfriend on her period craving ice cream...insatiable!

I like him, he's bonded with me and my partner.

ALSO, SHOULD WE DECLAW HIM?
      Tucker Max of the Gays and Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Slutty Gay Whoring and Muppet Sex of the People's Independent Republik of Offtopikstan
      RIP Cosmic TDI
      Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKids View Post
      Dann is More sassy than any man with facial hair should be. It's entertaining.

02-11-2014 05:59 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by MRVW00 View Post
      ALSO, SHOULD WE DECLAW HIM?
      I declawed mine on the front paws. I'm sure a few in here will talk about how horrible it is, but meh. I rescued him! He did fine with it. Spent two days in the bathroom (smallest room in the house) and he was fine after that. Still scratches around on stuff acting like he has claws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast