Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the CC·Chronicles {OEM+ & bagged CC build thread}

Vehicles
      CAR HISTORY: |A3|Cayman|TTS|Jetta|.:R|CC|
      03-06-2014 09:55 PM #1
      First off ladies and gents, I'll admit I have a big time modding addiction. I got issues and I don't want an intervention.

I'm Jason and I recently picked up a Black Oak Brown Metallic 2013 VW CC Sport+ that I've got big plans for. She'll sit nice on bags and 20's with plenty of OEM+ mods, matte wrapped and maybe a wee bit of power mods. More on that once I figure out what I want to do but for now, its the stance and aesthetics for phase one. I've been on Fourtitude/Vortex since 2005 and have built a few VAG cars, as follows (in chronological order):

First VAG car was a 2006 Audi A3 (stage2 APR) w/ iForged wheels and a molded in ABT body kit (never again, LOL):

Only had this 2008 Porsche Cayman for 6 months which had no mods worth discussing here:

407 crank on the dyno as a Stage 3 car was the number this 2009 Audi TTS hit and the list of mods is a bit too long to bother getting into here. The fun part of that build was that I created a webisode series that outlined the mods and why I chose to use certain bits in my build. I wanted to throw a different spin on the whole "build thread" deal and that's when I came up with the video documentation idea. Long story shortened, the guys at Vortex Media gave it a home and it ran for 14 webisodes, called Project TTS/SF. Wheels were HRE c93s (then VMR V13s for the military theme as seen here) and it was wrapped in matte Army Green 3m film by Vinyl Styles:

This 2012 Jetta SE was a daily driver which saw high miles and very few mods except the M-Technica Turbo wheels and a drop on JOM coil overs:

Finally there was the at times, very dramatic and stressful build of this 717 crank HP 2012 Golf R. Gabe and the Bluewater Performance fam out in Denver worked alongside Jeff at United Motorsport and as a team we all crossed the 600 wheel threshold for the first time as an AWD 2.0T. The beginning of this build sucked and once Bluewater got their hands on it, they literally saved it from the scrap pile. It was genuinely that bad. Needless to say I heart Bluewater! :

All those other cars are gone now and I am left with the Golf R as a ripper & runner for the weekends and now this beautiful CC:

I'm pretty stoked about this new adventure building an executive level whip and look forward to meeting a bunch of you out here on the West Coast and back East as well as the south. When this car is done I plan to bring her out to a bunch of shows.

JASON

Last edited by iMod.:R; 03-06-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Vehicles
      03-06-2014 10:23 PM #2
      First mod is already on its way to paint. R-Line front bumper for a bit of OEM+ goodness.

Vehicles
      '13 2.0TSI | '14 1.8TSI
      03-07-2014 11:39 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by iMod.:R View Post

Finally there was the at times, very dramatic and stressful build of this 717 crank HP 2012 Golf R. Gabe and the Bluewater Performance fam out in Denver worked alongside Jeff at United Motorsport and as a team we all crossed the 600 wheel threshold for the first time as an AWD 2.0T. The beginning of this build sucked and once Bluewater got their hands on it, they literally saved it from the scrap pile. It was genuinely that bad. Needless to say I heart Bluewater! :

All those other cars are gone now and I am left with the Golf R as a ripper & runner for the weekends and now this beautiful CC:

I'm pretty stoked about this new adventure building an executive level whip and look forward to meeting a bunch of you out here on the West Coast and back East as well as the south. When this car is done I plan to bring her out to a bunch of shows.

JASON

on those two cars. Were those ocean shots in Pacifica?

Vehicles
      Past: 07' Fahrenheit GLI & 10' GTI Present: 13' GTI & 13' CC Sport +
      03-07-2014 02:45 PM #4

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1992 Porsche 968, 2010 VW CC Sport
      03-07-2014 02:54 PM #5
      Wow very impressive R and Audi. Definitely excited to see how the CC develops

Vehicles
      Current VW CC.Mazda cx7-mazda 3 gt,b5 wagon,touareg
      03-07-2014 03:43 PM #6
      Subscribed.good work on previous cars.
      2012 CC Rline white,uni stage 2,dsg stage 2,uni intake,spm dp,custom quad CBE,usp turbo inlet/throttle pipe,GFB DV+,ST coilovers,034 strud mounts, H&R sway bar front/rear,miro 111 19x9.5 square,led interior,led footwell lights,15%tint,BSH Ccan,podi gauge,r8 red coils,cf side mirrors,valance and spoiler,mini usb vcds which I can help anyone for free located in Toronto.

Vehicles
      2012 MK6 GTI
      03-07-2014 04:26 PM #7

Followed your R thread...crazy journey!
      Looking forward to see how this one will turn out!
      APR STAGE II +

Vehicles
      2011 CC /2006 X5 3.0
      03-07-2014 05:36 PM #8
      👍 sub'd.
      Quote Originally Posted by 00boraslow
      Sorry, but I am not interested in any wheels at the moment. Do you have any firearms or ammo?

Vehicles
      2014 CC R-Line, MK4 GLI 1.8T APR Stage3+, MKIII GTI VR6, C3 corvette, Mk2 TT (gone)
      03-07-2014 06:06 PM #9
      good luck, im local, p'med u

Vehicles
      12 CC R Line, 06 Ruckus
      03-07-2014 07:36 PM #10
      👍

Vehicles
      03-07-2014 08:07 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      on those two cars. Were those ocean shots in Pacifica?
      Daaaamn! You have an eagle eye, LOL! Yes those shots were out on the pier. You are on the Peninsula? How many other Vortex users CCs are out here?

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_K View Post
      Wow very impressive R and Audi. Definitely excited to see how the CC develops
      Quote Originally Posted by talja10 View Post
      Subscribed.good work on previous cars.
      Thanks I_K and talja, I'm excited to see what happens with this car too. I've always done high horsepower builds and never got to max out a car on luxury appointments and air. I'll be looking to you all for inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by DunKeL GraU View Post
       sub'd.
      Gracias, should be interesting at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldo1982 View Post
      good luck, im local, p'med u
      Hey Oz. Got your PM and I hit you back with an email addy so we can connect in real life too. I have more OEM+ bits getting figured out this weekend from the CC Executive. I'll share all the part numbers etc on this thread.

I'd like to follow some of you guys on iG, who uses instaGram here? My name is 43f (follow for follow) and looking to stay inspired by other CC's especially aired rides.

Vehicles
      12 CC R Line, 06 Ruckus
      03-07-2014 08:15 PM #12
      Daaaamn! You have an eagle eye, LOL! Yes those shots were out on the pier. You are on the Peninsula? How many other Vortex users CCs are out here?

Thanks I_K and talja, I'm excited to see what happens with this car too. I've always done high horsepower builds and never got to max out a car on luxury appointments and air. I'll be looking to you all for inspiration.

Gracias, should be interesting at the minimum.

Hey Oz. Got your PM and I hit you back with an email addy so we can connect in real life too. I have more OEM+ bits getting figured out this weekend from the CC Executive. I'll share all the part numbers etc on this thread.

I'd like to follow some of you guys on iG, who uses instaGram here? My name is 43f (follow for follow) and looking to stay inspired by other CC's especially aired rides.
      Mines IG is bacardicj151

Vehicles
      03-08-2014 05:44 PM #13
      I ordered something from the VR6 Executive, but I ain't tellin' what!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 CC Lux 2.0T DSG
      03-08-2014 06:03 PM #14
      I ordered something from the VR6 Executive, but I ain't tellin' what!
      Ill be the first to guess.... Rear diffuser for dual exhaust?
      Looking forward to seeing this build.
      KCCO 2010 CC Lux Limited Black on Black DSG Mod List: APR Stage 2, Forge WinTake, Aspherical Mirrors, Debadged, Hardwired Radar,Hotchkis 27MM RSB, Rev D DV, SPULEN TOP & TP, R Line MFSW w/Paddles, 034 Motorsports Strut Mounts, Koni SS Coils, Billy Boat Turbo Back, Dectane Headlights, Podi Boost Gauge, Tyrolsport Deadset kit, Interior/Exterior LED Kit, R-Line Tails To Be Installed: Neuspeed FMIC, Neuspeed power pulley

Vehicles
      03-10-2014 01:22 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by bacardicj151 View Post
      Mines IG is bacardicj151
      Right on man. Following....

Quote Originally Posted by L8Train View Post
      Ill be the first to guess.... Rear diffuser for dual exhaust?
      Looking forward to seeing this build.

Baboomboom! Got that one easily L8Train. Next up is sorting out exhaust tips. For now, I want the cars sound to stay subdued. My Golf R is loud as h3ll so I just want to do a Y-split and maybe a set of smaller Borla mufflers with an unexpected set of tips from something other than round canons. Maybe something off another German Marque?

Im open to ideas, what would you all consider?

J

Vehicles
      03-10-2014 02:23 PM #16
      Maybe c class amg tips? I know this harder decision than finding the babys name
      2012 CC Rline white,uni stage 2,dsg stage 2,uni intake,spm dp,custom quad CBE,usp turbo inlet/throttle pipe,GFB DV+,ST coilovers,034 strud mounts, H&R sway bar front/rear,miro 111 19x9.5 square,led interior,led footwell lights,15%tint,BSH Ccan,podi gauge,r8 red coils,cf side mirrors,valance and spoiler,mini usb vcds which I can help anyone for free located in Toronto.

Vehicles
      03-10-2014 03:27 PM #17
      Maybe c class amg tips? I know this harder decision than finding the babys name
      I like where your head is at! What I really want is a set of Phaeton W12 tips. I had a buddy measure his Pw12 up and they are too wide unfortunately. Thats why your Mercedes C Class idea is killer, any other ideas?
      Last edited by iMod.:R; 03-10-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Vehicles
      2014 CC R-Line, MK4 GLI 1.8T APR Stage3+, MKIII GTI VR6, C3 corvette, Mk2 TT (gone)
      03-10-2014 03:50 PM #18
      I like where your head is at! What I really want is a set of Phaeton W12 tips. I had a buddy measure his Pw12 up and they are too wide unfortunately. Thats why your Mercedes C Class idea is killer, any other ideas?
      I'm planning on going quad tips as well, looking at porsche 911 tips, a photoshop can help

Vehicles
      03-10-2014 10:29 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by oswaldo1982 View Post
      I'm planning on going quad tips as well, looking at porsche 911 tips, a photoshop can help
      Yeah maybe I'll play around and chop a few onto the rear view shot I have of the car. 911 tips could work well. Hmmm interesting...

Vehicles
      03-10-2014 10:58 PM #20
      Alrighty, so today I embarked on a seemingly sketchy journey. That of having a permanent roof rack installed on a 5 day old car. I got inspiration from a dude on instaGram named @jj_barton who installed a Whispbar set up on his new gen Passat TDI. He said it was totally issue free and that he had zero regrets so I decided to see how it would work with our stupendously sloping roofline. Im going to try out these thorough product review/installation process write ups within my build thread with the hopes that it answers some questions people have. I'll include part numbers etc too so my hope is that it serves as a good resource.

1st STEP:
      Popped in to see Will and Dan at Rack N Roof in San Carlos, CA and price out the ultra low profile Whispbar S5w (PART# 50123) set up for der' CC.

2nd STEP:
      Will here, started off by doing a mock up of the bars and then marking the roof for the cleat install that the footings attach to.

3rd STEP:
      Mr. Will busts out the drill and uses a collared drill bit to pop the holes into the roof.

4th STEP:
      Is literally me thinking holy sheepish!t.....I just had holes drilled into a car that is only a week or less old. J/K I already gave thought to this. If i was to sell the car I would only have to get the 8 holes body filled after removing the riveted cleats, and get ONLY the roof resprayed. Its just not that serious honestly.

5th STEP:
      Now Dan that tightened down the cleats (with a dollop of silicone sealant on each hole to keep everything watertight) the base bars of the rack is ready to be installed.

6th STEP:
      As expected (and pre-tested) everything is level. The Whispbar set up has a slotted mount so you can make adjustments to the finished fitting after the fact.

7th STEP:
      Its as easy as that. 1.5 hours of labor and a very clean install so I can stop throwing my road bike into the trunk with the damn seats folded down! Heres a C/U of the footings and where they ended up on the roofline.

8th STEP:
      Rear 3/4 view of the CC with the rack and a loaner WB200 fork mounted bike rack. There is a 2nd version of this rack dropping next month with no brightwork hardware and better security locking so I'll wait for those.

9th STEP:
      Front 3/4 view of the CC. As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you. In this case its an iP5 so thats what I have to share. Hope this helped some of you if you were on the fence about drilling your ISH up!

Don't be shy friends. I watched the whole process and am happy to answer questions.
      Last edited by iMod.:R; 03-10-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Vehicles
      '13 2.0TSI | '14 1.8TSI
      03-11-2014 12:14 AM #21
      Monterey, been crabbing up there a few times.

Vehicles
      '13 2.0TSI | '14 1.8TSI
      03-11-2014 12:18 AM #22
      A

9th STEP:
      Front 3/4 view of the CC. As they say, the best camera is the one you have with you. In this case its an iP5 so thats what I have to share. Hope this helped some of you if you were on the fence about drilling your ISH up!

Don't be shy friends. I watched the whole process and am happy to answer questions.
      Wow I dont know if I would be brave enough to do that on any car other than a junker lol. More power to you!

Whats the advantage of drilling them in? Theft prevention?

Vehicles
      Past: 07' Fahrenheit GLI & 10' GTI Present: 13' GTI & 13' CC Sport +
      03-11-2014 07:44 AM #23
      This guy doesn't mess around / /

Vehicles
      03-11-2014 08:15 AM #24
      Thats a serious job.dunno if i like it or not for my needs but well done.

Vehicles
      2011 VW CC
      03-11-2014 10:48 AM #25
      The car is too nice and gorgeous to put a permanent roof rack on, IMO. Not my style, but good job nonetheless.

Waiting on you to slam that b***h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      03-11-2014 12:21 PM #26
      Monterey, been crabbing up there a few times.
      Oh really? I want to do a photography/filming session down your way at the old barracks on Fort Ord. We should see if we can get some other CCs together in that area and have a mini GTG. what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by numlock44 View Post

Followed your R thread...crazy journey!
      Looking forward to see how this one will turn out!
      Gracias NL44! This will be a FAR less dramatic (read: problem free) build. Thats the intention I'm putting out there to the universe anyhow.

Wow I dont know if I would be brave enough to do that on any car other than a junker lol. More power to you!

Whats the advantage of drilling them in? Theft prevention?
      Drilling them in allows the base bars to be more aerodynamically efficient mainly for the purpose of keeping wind noise minimized. Also it allowed me to position the footings in the most visually pleasing way rather than the window hooks which have far less adjustability. So form meets function and overall its a win-win. The only issue is being willing to drill into the roof. It could actually be reversed, so its not entirely permanent and without getting too deep, road biking has in many ways reshaped my life so I was willing to make that level of commitment to this roof rack.

Quote Originally Posted by FAHRENHEITLAD View Post
      This guy doesn't mess around / /
      I may not always make the popular choice, but I do hope this thread is at least an interesting ride-along.

Thats a serious job.dunno if i like it or not for my needs but well done.
      Its going to take me a few days to be comfortable with and I think better quality pics may help.

Quote Originally Posted by van33 View Post
      The car is too nice and gorgeous to put a permanent roof rack on, IMO. Not my style, but good job nonetheless.

Waiting on you to slam that b***h.
      Yeah I can appreciate that it won't work for everyone. I just figured F-it, you only go around this crazy world once lets see how this works out. As far as dunking this thing, thats you and me both man. I cannot wait to get this baby all sorted out stance wise. After the R-Line parts I'll probably recuperate cash wise for a while. Save up and in about 2 months get started on bagging. I got a few little things happening in the meanwhile. Vinyl and paint (for R-line stuff) happening over the next 3 weeks. :thumb up:

Vehicles
      03-11-2014 10:52 PM #27
      So the car got dropped off along with these OEM items and the R-Line front bumper for paintage. These were all sourced through a dealership. I refuse to cut corners in this build because it caused such stress and disappointment when I tried to cheap out on labor/parts for the Golf R build. If I can't afford it, I'll wait and save up until I can afford it later. Thats the beauty of picking up editing side jobs. Fuels the car addiction and makes a fellow work harder for that dangling carrot.

Last edited by iMod.:R; 03-12-2014 at 10:47 AM.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      03-12-2014 10:15 AM #28
      where did you get those skirts from? oem or ebay?
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,UNI DV Reloc Kit,GFB DV+,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,APR DP,Milltek CBE,BSH Torque Mnt,VRC13/Hancook V12,SHS Coils,Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Aspherical Mrrs,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etc In Process:DevilsOwn Stg 2,DoorWarningLghts,Led Footwells(rear)NexTSG Tune

Vehicles
      03-12-2014 10:45 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      where did you get those skirts from? oem or ebay?
      Good call @Stereo1D, I should have clarified. These are OEM pieces from the dealership who extended a courtesy discount at the time of car purchase last week. I'll post up all the part numbers on Friday when I get the car back from paint. (i left all my order paperwork in the CC glovebox)

Vehicles
      03-13-2014 09:40 AM #30
      I like that diffuser i think i saw one similar in aliexpress in carbon fiber for 250$ .your build its going fast man

Vehicles
      03-13-2014 12:49 PM #31
      I like that diffuser i think i saw one similar in aliexpress in carbon fiber for 250$ . Your build its going fast man
      This one ended up being $140- so not all that bad and its OEM so it should fit nicely. However I like the look of that Aliexpress carbon piece. One of the other guys on here with a CW CC used that right?

Build is off to a quick start only because I sold a bunch of past off my Jetta and am dumping that money into the new car. Bags are still a few months away from purchase and a few more months away from install. I get the car back tomorrow from paint, so I'm excited to see how she looks!

Vehicles
      03-13-2014 08:08 PM #32
      Nicely done pic tom
      Btw that guy its me

Are u doing bags your self?

Vehicles
      1993 Corrado SLC, 2009 CC 2.0T Sport
      03-14-2014 08:03 AM #33
      I've been following your Golf R thread for awhile now, looking forward to your progress with the CC. Seems like a great start so far.

Vehicles
      03-14-2014 08:30 PM #34
      Btw that guy its me
      Are u doing bags your self?

Oh woah, that was you. You're "the guy"! It looks super legit, nicely done man. I am working with @skotychops (iG name) who is a master of bagging everything from '59 Impalas to the eGarage wide body CTS-V wagon. We grew up skateboarding together and now we are both car freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TDI Driver View Post
      I've been following your Golf R thread for awhile now, looking forward to your progress with the CC. Seems like a great start so far.
      Oh wow you saw all that? Yeah this should be waaaay less complicated, LOL! Glad you stopped by to check this out.

Last edited by iMod.:R; 03-14-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Vehicles
      03-14-2014 08:39 PM #35
      Got the car back from the paint shop today with the R-Line front bumper & side skirts. Here is a pic from the quick impromptu iPhotography sesh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast