Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Innocent things your spouse does that drives YOU nuts.

1. Yesterday 03:42 PM #1
      -Drives my car and then fails to put the keys back where I keep them so I always know where they are. Every. Damn. Time.

-Loads the dishwasher like a damn idiot.

-I almost always do the dishes after dinner, and am fine with that (see above) but if I work late or play golf or go out after work or otherwise don't eat at the same time as my wife, she'll leave her dishes in the sink for me to do when I get around to doing them. No, girlfriend, I only do your dishes when we eat together. If you eat and I'm not around, do your own dishes. and then try not to load the dishwasher like a damned mongoloid.

-Leaves the door open to the laundry room (off the main room) while doing laundry so I can't hear the TV over the laundry machines.

-Is hyper-sensitive (psycosematic) to temperature. Temp is 68*..."God, I'm freezing!!" turns it to 70*, hour later "Man it's warm in here" etc.

-I'm sure there will be more.

(and to get this out of the way, no, I'm sure I'm no peach to live with either)
      Quote Originally Posted by MrMook View Post
      If you're not in a car, you're not important.
      "If I could get all the money back I ever spent on cars, I'd spend it on cars." - Nick Mason

2. Yesterday 03:44 PM #2
      There is the occasional top teeth scrape that leaves a mark. Usually after a night of imbibing.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      DRZ400sm, CB550four, ACR Neon and a Subie Outback Wagon
      Yesterday 03:58 PM #3
      Give crack heads the keys to her car.

Vehicles
      '02 Cooper S
      Yesterday 04:11 PM #4
      - Leaves the dish brush in the bottom of the sink and lets dishes pile up so I have to dig through a nasty sink to find the brush.

- sometimes puts steak knives point up in the sink...I don't know how I haven't stabbed myself worse than I have.

- And yes, loads the dishwasher HORRIBLY! (I'm a master dish loader...seriously)
      Don't like something? Report it. We can't be everywhere at all times.

Vehicles
      2013 Charger R/T Road & Track, 07 Honda Fit
      Yesterday 04:16 PM #5
      You see this?

You see this **** right here?

That's her jacket hung on the end of the newel post when the coat closet is RIGHT THERE.

6. Yesterday 04:20 PM #6
      Great. Another coat closet bitch thread. Some OCD Aspies up in these here parts.
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Vehicles
      09' VW CC 2.0T/80' XS1100 rolling project
      Yesterday 04:28 PM #7
      - Turn on lights as she passes by rooms and leaves them on.

- Chews like a cow (this is like nails on the chalkboard to me)
      Hex-Can+USB Vag-com

Vehicles
      '88 S124 300te, '06 E90 325xi
      Yesterday 04:31 PM #8
      I feel your pain on the temperature thing. What's worse is my GF will feel cold at 72, then turn it to ****in 80, thinking it's gonna heat up faster. Then turns it to 66 cuz she's too hot. Just set it at the ****in temperature you wanna be at. if it's at 72 and you feel cold, put on a sweatshirt, I'm totally comfortable and your ****in up my ****

9. Yesterday 04:34 PM #9
      The other thing that half cracks me up, half drives me nuts is how she'll dress our daughter for the season when we aren't leaving the house. Like in the winter "she needs her heavy pajamas" or in the summer "just a tshirt is okay.."

Woman, there's no seasons in our house, it's 68-70 year round. There being snow on the ground or a heat wave outside does not change the requirements for sleeping in 68-70* climate INSIDE.
      "If I could get all the money back I ever spent on cars, I'd spend it on cars." - Nick Mason

Vehicles
      2009 E90 M3
      Yesterday 04:37 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica! View Post
      Jesus ****ing christ yes. This problem I genuinely don't understand because it's a damn simple task, but at this point I'll wind up having to reorganize everything anyway, so I do it myself.

Not turning off lights/TVs/computer.

Borrowing my clothes and not hanging them properly/washing them/ironing them/etc.
      ///

Yesterday 05:06 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      You see this?

You see this **** right here?

That's her jacket hung on the end of the newel post when the coat closet is RIGHT THERE.

That may be the smallest closet door I have ever seen.

Impressive use of space.

My gripe?

the setting of things on counters, tables, etc....and then not going thru them, putting them away, throwing them away, whatever. I have a fit at least once a week about this.

I'm also probably no prize.

Vehicles
      '99 328i, '13 Volt, The Red Line
      Yesterday 05:12 PM #12
      This x1000. Half the time I end up removing 50% of the crap in there just to rearrange it. Magically it goes from full to having room for 10-15 more things.

Woman, there's no seasons in our house, it's 68-70 year round.
      Your utility company must LOVE you. In my house, wintertime is 66* when we're home, 58* when at work or sleeping. Summer it's 75* when home, off when not. If the humidity isn't that bad, I'll let it go up to 80* with the windows open.
      What if my idea is to go faster around a track than your idea?

Corvette. Less than you can afford, pal.

| The Red Line
      | 1999 BMW 328i | 2013 Chevy Volt |

13. Yesterday 05:25 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Chmeeee View Post
      Your utility company must LOVE you. In my house, wintertime is 66* when we're home, 58* when at work or sleeping. Summer it's 75* when home, off when not. If the humidity isn't that bad, I'll let it go up to 80* with the windows open.
      My house is 5 years old, with a HE furnace/A/C, great insulation, good windows, etc. My monthly energy bill has never gone over $120.

Vehicles
      2005 Passat Variant
      Yesterday 05:36 PM #14
      She never empties the strainer in the kitchen sink!!

Vehicles
      metropass
      Yesterday 06:25 PM #15
      I love my wife to death, but she:

• is incapable of fully turning off a faucet or fully tightening the lid on anything
      • has every glass we own scattered around the house half-full of water
      • can't stop spending money on useless crap we don't need
      • thinks I'm made of money
      • piles the dishes sky high in the sink when there's a perfectly good dishwasher 9 inches away
      • leaves garbage on the counter right next to the garbage can

Vehicles
      2011 WRX, 2002 Gti, 1994 Audi 100S
      Yesterday 07:06 PM #16
      And here I was, thinking that my wife is the only woman in the world that has no ****ing idea how to load the dishwasher.

Our utensils have very thin handles . the fist time we loaded up our new dishwasher, in our new house, I noticed that the handles would fall through the holes and stop the spinning water jet thingy from spinning, thus ****ing up the washer and leaving our dishes dirty. So I said "we have small handles on our utensils, please make sure you put them with the handle up" and proceeded to explain why. Next time she did the dishes and I was unloading them, I noticed that the dishes were still dirty. Well the culprit was all the god damn steak knives she but in, handle up. Problem is the point of the knife is thin enough to poke through and stop the Spinny thingy.

When I got pissed off and told her she said "well you told me to put the utensils handle up". True statement.....but I said it BECAUSE THEY FALL THROUGH. IF SOMETHING ELSS IS ALSO SMALL THAT COULD FALL THROUGH YOU NEED TO PUT IT IN SO WHATEVER PART DOESNT STOP THE SPINNY THINGY. WTF.

also, she clearly doesn't understand that there is an area for plates and bowls and cups. **** is just randomly thrown in and the holders are bent to accommodate whatever needs to be smashed in there.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      I'm just imagining what it was like to have an F-22, which is a positively gigantic fighter plane, just sort of sidle up next to you in midair. Just kind of like, 'sup, dudes, aloo snackbar.

Vehicles
      Yesterday 07:11 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by O_o View Post
      [*]is incapable of fully turning off a faucet or fully tightening the lid on anything
      Sereiously, this one. WTF

Vehicles
      2012 GTI
      Yesterday 08:08 PM #18
      Uses the hand towels in the bathrooms, but doesn't leave them all nice and neat liken they were before. Like all jacked up almost falling off messed up. Mama taught us to put it back the way we found it. Some people didn't get that lesson, and still doesn't even after 8 years.

If that's the worst I have to deal with, then it isn't the worst thing ever.

Vehicles
      Yesterday 09:01 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by WRXGuy View Post
      Uses the hand towels in the bathrooms, but doesn't leave them all nice and neat liken they were before. Like all jacked up almost falling off messed up.
      Guilty

Yesterday 10:52 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by new2me View Post
      - Turn on lights as she passes by rooms and leaves them on.

And why is that a problem?
      Last edited by Mtl-Marc; Today at 23:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Eistreiber
      Yeah, I prefer slow-cooked bacon; and bacon grease saved is great for frying other stuff, adds some good flavor to almost anything. Except maybe tofu, that stuff is beyond help.

Vehicles
      More than you can afford pal. Ferrari.
      Yesterday 11:08 PM #21
      Gets poop on my dick.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'13 | 0311 | 0331| 0933 | '14- Soldier of Fortune
      Wagon Aficionado | Brodozer Brocionado | BMW Motorrad
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Wagon GTG SoWo '14

22. Geriatric Member VegasJetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      89 Helios GLI, 01 XJ 4.0, 99 Forester Syncro, 87 Honda TRX250, 82 Honda UrbEx, 78 Garelli RallySport
      Today 12:08 AM #22
      Leaves the fridge door open. Get what you need and shut the ****ing door! She will be making coffee, open the door to get the milk, leave the door open, put the milk in her coffee, put the milk on the counter, stir the coffee, add sugar, taste, add more sugar, start talking, and the whole time the god damn fridge door is open. That drives me up a ****ing wall.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksSenseOfRejection
      Here's a fun fact: if someone is hitting you with a metal pipe, stay down.