VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Wtb a mechanic

764 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Air and Water 
#1 · (Edited)
I would pay for the info via paypal! Looking for some1 who knows a 1980 vw rabbit conv inside out I mean everything and has the time and Patience to deal with some1 who has no knowledge of the car and what they are doing i am a newbi an want to save this car cause i love it. so with that said no lots of money to be made i am on SSD an get paid mthly also i live in FL if interested call me @ 863-450-5801 u can also just call me if u just wanna help me out i will appreciate it very much. thank you. DRE'

#5 ·
I would pay for the info via paypal! Looking for some1 who knows a 1980 vw rabbit conv inside out I mean everything and has the time and Patience to deal with some1 who has no knowledge of the car and what they are doing i am a newbi an want to save this car cause i love it. so with that said no lots of money to be made i am on SSD an get paid mthly also i live in FL if interested call me @ 863-450-5801 u can also just call me if u just wanna help me out i will appreciate it very much. thank you. DRE'

SIR I AM ON HERE DOIN MY THING U DO YOURS IF U CAN READ I SAID no lots of money to be made WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO YA! YA SOUND LIKE B TRYIN TO B A MAN

#6 ·
Best advice is to get yourself a Bentley repair manual for your car. Read it thoroughly, and mark up the items you want to work on first. You will need a basis set of metric tools, don't go cheap! The tools will last for many repairs. Start with the items you feel most confidant about and build on your own experience.

#8 ·
I thought this was a VW enthusiats site where you learn about/repair your car yourself?
I already had a good knowledge of VW's and this forum has been useful for those "one off" issues.
If you use the search function, you can find pretty much anything you need to repair your vehicle. It's free to search the information you need, than to pay someone. How much basic auto repair knowledge do you have?

#10 ·
OK 1 of the things that got me :banghead: is the brake light switch i got 12v under the hood goin to the switch got some new one too but on brake light n the back.
test light on fuses they all good. clean up the ground in the back all the other lights work fine JUST THAT BRAKE!

#18 ·
Me an my buddy have been working on his rabbit for a while now its I'm that year bracket. I'm a cert vw/Audi tech. To bad u live n Florida if u where closer I cld either just go to u and we cld bang it out. You learn alot more hands on.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#19 · (Edited)
the early water cooled models have the brake light switch or switches screwed into the master cylinder (just like my wife's 66 double cab and my 74 Thing) - hydraulic pressure closes the switch. Later models had them on the behind the brake pedal - a mechanical contact switch.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.