Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Love my JSW TDi but my heart is wandering

Vehicles
      2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Interlagos, Malone 1.5/////2010 Passat Komfort Wagon
      06-02-2014 10:03 PM #1
      Is ok to cheat if it's still in the Dub family? I hope so cause I'm smitten by this

Been looking for a nice used car and saw this on Autotrader on Sunday, drove from Savannah to Charlotte today and bought it. I think I did good.....realllllllll good!

2010 Passat Komfort Wagon; it was a one owner and now it's 2 owner; 28k on the odometer, fogs; Island Gray, Gray leather interior; DSG; sunroof; auto opening closing rear lift gate; Nav; 2.0 T; and the interior/exterior is flawless! Ok, now for the bad news.... I bought it for my wife. Well it's in the family and I might be allowed to drive it as long as I go to fill the tank at the gas station or maybe wash it. The better half loves it! She also laid down the law, NO MODS! Geeeesh, she knows how to hurt a guy. Looks like I'll be splitting my time between the JSW forums and the Passat forums now

What a tush!

1.5 Malone/ GLI Wheel/ GTI Shifter/ Interlagos/ Koni Coilovers/ Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport/ Osram Off Road lo beam bulbs/ LED interior lighting/ Hella LED 3rd brake light/ Euro Switch/ Asperical Blue Tint Heated Mirrors

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Various Variants
      06-03-2014 11:03 AM #2
      My wife bought her B6 PSW about six months after I bought my TDI JSW. By most counts, the PSW should be the better car. Hers has a 3.6 L VR6 with a 4M Tiptronic transmission (no DSG in 2007 and no 4M manual wagons here) and massive brakes. It's far more luxurious, with upmarket leather and wood interior furnishings. It has a more sophisticated HVAC control system and plenty of other amenities. It's longer and wider than the JSW, but not outrageously so. But the only time I like it "better" is when we need the room.

I hate the electronic parking brake and my wife detests the unconventional bladeless key. Much of the electronic wizardry seems to solve a non-problem and leads to unnecessary complexity. For example, she had a BCM go bad and burn out the steering wheel lock controller. This locks the steering column and prevents the AT from shifting into neutral, as well as preventing the parking brake from being disengaged. The lift gate motors went bad, but luckily that got fixed by the CPO warranty. It also had several rust through repairs covered under warranty.

Those issues aside, the car is great on the highway. It's quiet and spacious. It has 270 HP and monster brakes. It's not great on gas mileage, but it has 4 Motion and a huge engine.

For most uses, though, I honestly prefer the JSW. The TDI gets much better fuel mileage and the 2.0T 6MT SEL JSW feels much sportier than the larger B6. But if I have three in the back for a long ride, I'd take the PSW every time.
      Last edited by Outrider6; 06-03-2014 at 01:10 PM.

06-03-2014 12:26 PM #3
      If bigger, more luxury and electronic gadgets is your thing, you did good. Hope you have better luck with DSG than everyone I know that has one.
      Audi 2005 B6 S4 6 speed
      BMW 2001 S54 Z3 M Coupe 5 speed
      VW 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 5 speed, 2004 R32 6 speed, 2005.5 Jetta VE Sedan 5 speed, 2013 Jetta SportWagen S+ 5 speed

4. 06-11-2014 10:30 AM #4
      I wasn't aware Passat wagons were imported here in 2010. Was it a US import or Canadian? Just curious.

Vehicles
      2012 JSW TDi CW Titan 6MT Pano Nav Interlagos, Malone 1.5/////2010 Passat Komfort Wagon
      06-11-2014 05:04 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
      I wasn't aware Passat wagons were imported here in 2010. Was it a US import or Canadian? Just curious.
      I believe 2010 was the last year VW brought them to the US.
      1.5 Malone/ GLI Wheel/ GTI Shifter/ Interlagos/ Koni Coilovers/ Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport/ Osram Off Road lo beam bulbs/ LED interior lighting/ Hella LED 3rd brake light/ Euro Switch/ Asperical Blue Tint Heated Mirrors

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Rabbit, 2010 Tiguan S
      06-11-2014 07:34 PM #6
      I wasn't aware it came with the DSG. Nice find. Shame VW no longer has the Passat wagon in the US.

It will be interesting to see how the new Sportwagen will compare to the B6 wagon for rear cargo space. The current JSW looked to be about as large as my prior B5.5 wagon.
      Signature.

Vehicles
      06-11-2014 08:22 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
      I wasn't aware it came with the DSG. Nice find. Shame VW no longer has the Passat wagon in the US.

It will be interesting to see how the new Sportwagen will compare to the B6 wagon for rear cargo space. The current JSW looked to be about as large as my prior B5.5 wagon.
      From what I understand, the B6 was imported from 2006-2010. The first 3 years the auto tran was triptronic, the last year was dsg. I think that's correct.

Vehicles
      06-11-2014 08:26 PM #8
      Bruno

Vin + Bruno or His and Hers