VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Factory Stereo Upgrade

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nolamule 
#1 ·
I am looking to replace the head unit and speakers in my 02 Westy. Right now everything is factory. I need access to Sirius radio in a bad way! I read through some older posts but would like to see what folks are replacing with today.

Front door speakers look like a slam dunk, many options. Anyone have an experience or suggestions for the dash speakers and rear speakers? I want to be able to install the original covers on both. Also, for a new head unit dos a single DIN have to be used or can the small storage compartments also be removed and a 2 DIN unit be installed.

#5 ·
I have a clarion Sirius radio and cradle, no subscription, that I had in my '93. I mounted it on top of the dash and the clarion transmitted on an fm frequency that I could tune the factory radio to. as for speakers, I would replace the blown speakers with new ones, I buy mine fm parts express, they have a wide selection of parts-pieces, pieces-parts. hope this helps.

#7 ·
I ended up installing a Blaupunkt Brisbane 230 Digital Media Receiver, which is awesome because the lighting matched the van's dash lights (red and blue) and replaced the front door speakers with some 3-way Pioneers. For Sirius we stream from our iPhone via bluetooth. Next up is replacing the rears with some Polk 5".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.