Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge

Thread: CLFOTD: 'Merican Steel

Vehicles
      2005 GTI 1.8T
      06-20-2014 08:51 PM #1
      http://onslow.craigslist.org/cto/4529052868.html

1995 F350 4x4 crew cab long bed with 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel. S&B cold air intake, MBRP 4' Exhaust, spray in bedliner, undercoating, new stereo and speakers. AC, cruise control, power windows/locks. sliding rear window, Ranch hand front end replacement and tool box. heavy duty rear bumper with receiver. 220,000 miles.*

Let's get real... this truck is American, if you're worried about gas milage, go buy a prius and stop thinking you have enough gusto to buy a truck. This monster will sprout chest hair, give you a mustache that Tom Selleck would be jealous of, haul 43 kegs in the 8 foot bed of American steel, take 5 of your best bros to the top of Everest and tow the Western hemisphere. It screams 'MERICA when you stomp on the peddle. It will make women want you and men fear you. The front end replacement comes in handy for pushing away the mobs of women that will constantly be swarming you when you rumble into a parking lot. The tinted windows help keep you mysterious from all the paparazzi that will be trying to figure out what badass could possibly be driving such an image of mechanical perfection and the dual fuel tanks keep you rollin coal for over 450 miles.*

Are you wondering if it has heated seats, dual climate control, navigation system, rear view camera, or leather seats??? The answer is a resounding NO! why? because this truck is meant for a man (or a badass woman). I used to want those things then I realized I'm not mentally weak and don't need a camera to tell me how close I am to a wall, I have an eye. I don't need a navigation screen to tell me how to get somewhere because I'm a man and don't need directions, I make them. I don't need heated seats... did Rocky Balboa need heated logs when he was preparing to fight the Sputnik version of Johnny Bravo? No, because he was a man... and an American. I don't need dual zone climate control because there is only one temperature worth setting: America's temperature. If you don't know what that is, you are a communist. I will allow you to use the AC only to keep that hot date cool because once she (potentially he... no judgment) steps inside, they'll melt and instantly ask to get married and start breeding your Captain America-esque children. You know the one, that person you've been asking out forever, the one who keeps saying no because your current car is small, soft, weak, and lacking in cubic inches? They will finally agree to see you now that you're a man (or badass woman). I also don't need leather seats because at the speeds you'll be hitting, you're going to want that classic cloth to keep the longitudinal G's from hurling you into the back seat.

If you're serious about this truck and you think you have what it takes to reign in the bridle on this wild beast, bring $9700 American Dollars (OBO), some mental fortitude and a locket of Sasquatch's hair with you and I'll consider letting you take White Lightning for a ride.
      Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
      A government is a body of people, usually notably ungoverned. -Shepherd Book "Firefly"

2. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-20-2014 09:06 PM #2
      Hmmm... It's been done before, but I really did like "Sputnik version of Johnny Bravo".
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Vehicles
      CL_S, NA
      06-20-2014 10:10 PM #3
      $9700 for a '95 pickup truck with 220k. And I thought Toyotas were overpriced.
      Quote Originally Posted by mike02467 View Post
      If this guy builds a twin turbo W8 Mid engined golf I will eat my own poop and post the video on here.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      06-21-2014 12:58 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      Try buying a used Subaru in the rust belt in November. A locket of sasquatch hair is worth double the price in WI as it is in NC, just sayin.'
      ...tunes from the car makin' everybody dizzy. bumpin' Flaming Lips, Johnny Cash and Biggie...

Support Your Local Homebrewery
      Pocket Pool Team Captain IPRO

06-21-2014 09:28 AM #5
      You're mostly paying for that guy's English degree...because nobody else will.
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

6. 06-21-2014 10:52 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      You're mostly paying for that guy's English degree...because nobody else will.
      dudes with degrees in English don't misspell pedal. Or have enough $$ to buy this truck in the first place

7. Member
      Vehicles
      93 D250 Cummins 07 Outback
      06-21-2014 12:30 PM #7
      It's a rare, good looking diesel. $9500 is not out of line. Except for the bumper, it's all stock.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      BMW E36 M3, 70 Charger R/T, 68 Charger R/T, 05 GMC Z71
      06-21-2014 12:58 PM #8
      I don't understand why the 7.3 diesel resale values have always been so high, but this really is an awesome truck. It would be a kick ass race car hauler.

That said, I'm so over the cutesy craigslist ads now.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra
      06-21-2014 01:36 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by JRH2009 View Post
      I don't understand why the 7.3 diesel resale values have always been so high, but this really is an awesome truck. It would be a kick ass race car hauler.

That said, I'm so over the cutesy craigslist ads now.
      The 7.3 resale values are super high because every Ford diesel after the 7.3 sucked lollipops, and because the 7.3 was the last diesel before the EPA put emissions equipment requirements on small diesels.

The later Ford 6.0 has less appeal than tuberculous, and the 6.4 after it is also fairly problematic AND gets horrible fuel economy from the emissions equipment.

The 7.3 was simple, powerful, and returned good fuel economy for a truck diesel. Thus people are clamoring to claim all the remaining 7.3's before they are all gone, and are willing to pay.

Let me put it to you another way: Last week I saw an early 90's F250 7.3 diesel for sale. It had some rust and 293,000 miles. Asking price was $12k and it was sold the next day.

Vehicles
      2008 Jetta 2.5, 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0 5 speed (250k miles and being rebuilt), 2008 Ninja 650R
      06-21-2014 02:20 PM #10
      This is a much more useful truck than a '95 T100. The thing is, someone with a '95 T100 with 200k miles will try to get $10k for it. The diesel is more truck for the money, and more justifiable.
      IBEW Local 24

Vehicles
      2005 Honda Civic Si 1988 VW Fox Wagon
      06-21-2014 03:13 PM #11
      My family has a spare f350 7.3. With 419k miles it runs very well and get decent mileage for what it is; a big truck. It's not too bad to drive either. That said, the seller will probaly get what he's asking for the truck.
      Where's the Gem? You'll find it. Everbody does.