Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Best place for a turbo rebuild/port & polish?

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T
      07-16-2014 12:34 PM #1
      I think my turbo is on its way out and I have a spare K03S that I want to get rebuilt and also have the hot side ported and polished. I was going to do both myself, but I don't really have a space (or the time, it seems) to do it. With that said, where can I go to have this done? I sent some emails to SoCal Porting a while ago and they want $250 for a rebuild (if I supply the kit) plus port and polish (which includes a ceramic coating on the hot side), but I haven't gotten in touch with them recently so I have no idea when I can have it done.

Does anyone know of a place that has pretty quick turnaround and decent prices? Maybe even somewhere in Texas (near Austin)?

Thanks .
      2000 A4 Avant 1.8T|Andros Spec-D/ExtremeContact DW|Raceline|Motoza Stage 1|MadMax|ER TIP/AMSOIL/Blinktek|Apikol TB Hose|Podi Boost Gauge|034 PCV|Phenolic Spacer
      TBA: Bosch 550cc|034 HFC|Motoza Stage 1+|Short Shift|Adams Rotors|Stoptech Pads|K03s|Bilstein|Shine|Catch Can|2.5" Exhaust

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Jetta, 2004 Passat (RIP)
      07-16-2014 01:15 PM #2
      gpopshop

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T
      07-16-2014 03:49 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by sleepy1.8t View Post
      gpopshop
      They won't use my rebuild kit and the cost of their rebuild is more than the cost of SoCal's rebuild, port/polish and ceramic coating, plus shipping both ways. I'm not even sure they would do an actual port and polish, and if they did it would still end up costing a lot more.
      2000 A4 Avant 1.8T|Andros Spec-D/ExtremeContact DW|Raceline|Motoza Stage 1|MadMax|ER TIP/AMSOIL/Blinktek|Apikol TB Hose|Podi Boost Gauge|034 PCV|Phenolic Spacer
      TBA: Bosch 550cc|034 HFC|Motoza Stage 1+|Short Shift|Adams Rotors|Stoptech Pads|K03s|Bilstein|Shine|Catch Can|2.5" Exhaust