VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FOX in Poland

7K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  tornadoredcabby 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm michael and I live in Poland. I do not say in English, but is using a google translator. I bought a VW Fox and want to renew it. Unfortunately, this model vw was not produced for Europe. I have a lot of questions. I have to buy a few parts of the car body sheet metal. where the buy side sill reperation?

#2 ·
welcome michael

I'm new at this but I noticed no one had written to you yet. As far as I know here in the US we find used parts from local (or not-so-local) junk yards; scrapped cars left for foraging needed parts. I saw a post from a guy that is in Brazil, said he can get lots of parts- maybe you can search specifically in Brazil web? not sure if that works but in my case, I have searched for junk parts cars to get what I need for body repair.

I know that might not help much, but good luck to you!

#3 ·
Wow, Poland? I bet that is an interesting story.

For getting body parts, things will be tough. As SourKandi mentioned, you'll either have to get used parts from a source here in the US, or maybe in Brasil. Either way, many folks will probably be skeptical about trying to deal with an overseas customer.

I would try and find an escrow service that is reputable, so you pay the escrow service, plus a fee. The escrow pays the seller to ship the parts. You get the parts and notify the escrow service, who pays the seller the rest of the money. That way no "Oh yeah, I shipped it last week *wink*" shenanigans.

What parts are you needing to find?

#4 ·
History curious fox to Polish arrived in 2005, the probability of australia. three years, steel is not used. I bought it for about $ 550 he wants to do it by investing $ 6,500. Car body repair my mechanic. This is the first step. Many, unfortunately, have jobs and fox will be doing until January. How much is the rear lights at you? I'll add some pictures soon with demolition.

#6 ·
Wow- looks pretty clean, and that's a truly unusual find for Poland. I'd like to hear more of the story- I'm surprised it was in Australia.

Taillights: last time I looked they were $25-50 here. I don't see them in junkyards much anymore. Ordering from Brazil might be simpler, and maybe even cheaper.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Your Fox looks very good body-wise!! It's awesome to see it in unusual parts of the world, especially when it's matched to an owner who cares about it.

If you have a hard time finding a reliable and trustworthy contact in Brazil, let me know - I live in Canada but I'm originally from Brazil and when I'm down there visiting family I usually bring or ship parts to folks here on the forum - I'll be going there mid-December and staying until mid-April and can certainly ship stuff out.

Good luck on the project and please keep us posted on the progress!

#12 · (Edited)
Michal,

Just looked through your facebook page - awesome work!! Love the full restoration work you are doing to it.

As mentioned earlier I am currently in Brazil have begun sourcing parts and shipping them for members here - if you like, I can help you with everything on your list, except number 2, as in-bumper turn signals and side marker lights didn't exist in the Brazilian foxes.

The right place to talk about this is in the Classifieds section - you can view my Brazilian parts for sale thread here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7098532-Parts-from-Brazil

I am also sending you a personal message with more details. Glad to hear your project is going strong :thumbup:

#15 ·
For sure - I just shipped parts to Michael in Poland this Friday :thumbup: glad to hear about a Fox in Holland!!!

To keep his thread to his Fox, please send me a PM with what you're looking for; also please have a look at my thread in the classifieds for an idea of what stuff I've bought and shipped so far - Parts from Brazil.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.