Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need Help -> Seat Question

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 99 GLS Passat B5 V6 (SOLD), 01 Golf VR6 GLX (SOLD), 96 Jetta GL (SOLD)
      Yesterday 08:45 PM #1
      So I got new seats, and I want to wash covers but I have no idea how you remove this handles on the side of each seat

Vehicles
      1995 Golf 1.8L Auto
      Yesterday 09:06 PM #2
      When I took mine off, they just pulled straight out. One broke because its old.
      1995 golf. 1.8L auto

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 99 GLS Passat B5 V6 (SOLD), 01 Golf VR6 GLX (SOLD), 96 Jetta GL (SOLD)
      Yesterday 10:02 PM #3
      Thank you! Should I pull handle toward me or this trim around?

Vehicles
      Today 12:10 AM #4
      Got it

Vehicles
      Today 12:07 PM #5
      Now I need help with front seat covers. How do you take off cover from back? I took off fronts bottom cover and foam but have no idea how to take back ... There are many metal strings etc. I will post some pic today for reference.

Vehicles
      G60 Corrado, GTI VR6
      Today 12:53 PM #6
      Hi, it's kind of a PITA to get it all taken apart unless you've done it a few times before, I would personally wash the seat whole & sit it in bright sunlight for a while, the foam is poli based foam so water won't hurt it. The back has bars running across that are pinned to the seat, you have to get to these & bend the clips open before you can slide the cover off.
      "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Vehicles
      Today 02:24 PM #7
      Thanks I was able to take them apart There is some wood feeling in the back and mine is little bit messed up. That's why I wanted to remove covers.

Vehicles
      G60 Corrado, GTI VR6
      Today 03:12 PM #8
      perfect choice, looks like you might as well go ahead and replace that bolster while you're at it...
      "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Vehicles
      Today 04:27 PM #9
      Yes I`m thinking about it too. Do you have any idea how to put this foam together? I was thinking about some glue+extra foam on top+some material to reinforce everything, or junkyard trip. Is foam used in all mk3 (except recaro) same in all models? Maybe I can simply swap foam from other seats.

Maybe there is some online upholstery store where I can buy some extra foam and cut it to fit?
      Last edited by skateboard; Today at 04:31 PM.