Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2002 01M Auto Tranny- Please Help!

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg AWW 1.8T
      09-17-2014 06:20 PM #1
      2002 vw jetta with 2.0 engine and the 01M transmission. The car was in limp mode showing a fault code for shift solenoid N88. I followed very detailed instructions and drained atf. (which was incorrect atf, someone did a change b4 me) Removed the pan & filter. And then I removed the plug from the shift solenoid carefully. I replaced n88. Then reassembled using correct filter and fluid. Erased the P0753 code. Took the car for a spin. Was doing okay but noticed some slipping and nudging between shifting gears. So I lifted the car back up and double checked atf level. One more spin and I was going uphill, big time slipping.. Then it went into limp mode again. Now I'm getting code P0730 & P0740. Cleared the codes. One last spin! Low rpm driving the car shifts fine. If I land on it, the car will rev way up and when I let off the gas it will finally shift. Going uphill (I'm guessing tcc) the tranny just slips. Then eventually back into limp mode. Can you please give me you experienced opinion? Car has 106k miles. I also noticed a few other things. The car drives & shifts fine when being babied down a straight stretch.. But any hard load, it just revs and slips. Also I've noticed shifting from 2nd to 3rd is kinda a hard nudge. Also going downhill at times I see the tach will waiver from 1k to 2k. code reader is still mainly showing the p0740. The tranny slips under any load. YES ATF level is Correct and CORRECT type of Fluid. It did however have the incorrect typle of fluid before I worked on it. Could the cause of all this slippage just be from the wrong fluid damaging the tranny? Or bad valve body? Opinions.

thanks
      Last edited by JETTA618; 09-17-2014 at 06:22 PM.