Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: jetta wont start..too cold??

1. 02-11-2003 12:57 AM #1
      like i say...my jetta wont start, is it becuase i like in cold ass mn?? is there anything i can do to help her if i have a aluminum oil panm and cant get a heater to it??? help please

2. 02-11-2003 01:32 AM #2
      If you are running high octane gas and can fit a little more gas in her run 87 and she should start... I had this same problem with my GLI 16v and did this and it starts everytime now. For winter run 89 and your car will start better all the time. Also make sure your getting good gas from a heavily frequented gas station. Hope this helps.

3. 02-11-2003 12:00 PM #3
      ill give it a try...thanks man.

4. 02-11-2003 02:24 PM #4
      So lower-octane gas works better than higher-octane in the cold?? That's counter-intuitive to me...could you elaborate as to why?

5. 02-11-2003 02:32 PM #5
      quote:
      So lower-octane gas works better than higher-octane in the cold?? That's counter-intuitive to me...could you elaborate as to why?
      \

lower-octane gas ignites more easily than higher octane gas.

...when its cold out, you want the gas to be able to ignite quick

6. 02-11-2003 02:37 PM #6
      this happened to me last week. but the problem with mine was my ignition wires. try taking your ignition wires inside and warm them up.

7. 02-11-2003 03:20 PM #7
      i just need to get her into the garage and warm her up...read a book to her...that kind of stuff.