Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 22 of 22

    Thread: OFFICIAL: 2014-2015 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

    1. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      10-13-2014 09:35 PM #1
      I thought I made this thread already but didn't see anything when I searched...

      I know this isn't a championship caliber team but it should be fun with Lin and Swaggy P. I just hope that Julius Randle develops and the Lakers get a playoff spot.

      Aaaaand.... I know it's just a preseason game but the girlfriend got some tickets to the game versus the Kings at the MGM Grand Garden Arena from her master teacher so we will be seeing NBA basketball in Las Vegas!!

    2. Member stevedeezy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2004
      Location
      PHX via SFO
      Posts
      3,800
      Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      10-17-2014 02:55 PM #2
      Woot woot. I'm looking forward to a season full of swearing at the TV and shaking my head but will be happy as long as I see good effort and young player development. I really hope Randle can become a franchise cornerstone.

    3. Member dorifto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2003
      Location
      L.A.
      Posts
      2,401
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      10-20-2014 12:22 PM #3
      its gonna be a looooooong season. whats even sadder is watching kobe deteriorate. have you seen his jumpshots and fadeaways? he can barely get off the ground!
      bazinga!

      psn: dorifto13

    4. 10-22-2014 03:13 PM #4
      Going to be awesome watching this team struggle and get blown out a lot. Their defense doesn't exist and Kobe jacking 30+ shots a night won't get ya that far.

      Won't even be a .500 team.

    5. Member stevedeezy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2004
      Location
      PHX via SFO
      Posts
      3,800
      Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      10-23-2014 10:33 PM #5

    6. Member Lions share's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 12th, 2014
      Location
      The Empire State
      Posts
      558
      10-24-2014 11:15 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      Going to be awesome watching this team struggle and get blown out a lot. Their defense doesn't exist and Kobe jacking 30+ shots a night won't get ya that far.

      Won't even be a .500 team.
      only he doesn't jack up 30 shots. The most he has ever averaged is 27 shots per game, and that's the season he averaged 35.4PPG. his career average is below 20 shots per game.

      you Kobe and Laker haters are funny.
      '11 Fit 5AT - The Workhorse
      '14 Fit EV 1DT - Her Daily
      '15 Fit EX 6MT - His Daily

    7. Member dorifto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2003
      Location
      L.A.
      Posts
      2,401
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      10-24-2014 12:23 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by stevedeezy View Post
      i dunno why anyone is surprised. he shouldve retired 2 yrs ago. last year he already admitted that hes only sticking around for the paycheck. he basically came to LA to retire, and enjoy that manhattan beach life.
      bazinga!

      psn: dorifto13

    8. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      10-28-2014 12:18 AM #8
      I was at the last preseason game in Vegas over the weekend. Picked myself up a Julius Randle jersey!

    9. Member dorifto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2003
      Location
      L.A.
      Posts
      2,401
      Vehicles
      2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t
      10-29-2014 11:31 AM #9
      so you jinxed him?....jk!

      i feel bad for the dude. what a rough way to start his career.
      bazinga!

      psn: dorifto13

    10. 10-29-2014 01:57 PM #10
      When you laker fans are pissed off and upset because you are getting blown out almost every game, just simply realize that Kobe did this to your franchise. He accepted a ridiculous 2 year deal that sealed y'all fate. He ran Dwight out of town and made the Lakers a place no one worth anything wants to play at.

      I feel bad for Byron Scott though because he has inherited this mess of a team and unless he sticks around 3-4 years longer, he won't have a winning team in LA.

      I feel bad for Randle to. Crappy way to start your career.

    11. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      11-09-2014 01:36 PM #11
      I feel bad for Randle, too.

      This Lakers team is going to be historically bad. At least they'll get to keep their first round pick from the Nash deal.

    12. Member stevedeezy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2004
      Location
      PHX via SFO
      Posts
      3,800
      Vehicles
      GLI, W220 & QX56
      11-10-2014 09:54 AM #12
      Charles can eat now

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2011
      Location
      Diamond Bar, CA
      Posts
      228
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      11-11-2014 08:43 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Caster Troy View Post
      When you laker fans are pissed off and upset because you are getting blown out almost every game, just simply realize that Kobe did this to your franchise. He accepted a ridiculous 2 year deal that sealed y'all fate. He ran Dwight out of town and made the Lakers a place no one worth anything wants to play at.

      I feel bad for Byron Scott though because he has inherited this mess of a team and unless he sticks around 3-4 years longer, he won't have a winning team in LA.

      I feel bad for Randle to. Crappy way to start your career.
      Yep. Actually, I hated the Dwight deal. Not sure why we got him in the first place when we already had Pau Gasol at center who knew how to play with Kobe already. The whole 2 year Kobe deal sucks...why couldn't he just say "give me $15M a year instead of $20M+.. You can do quite a bit with just an extra $5M for the roster. It could at least replace several of those d-league players that are currently on the roster....baaaah...gets me angry at times. I for sure know the Lakers aren't making the playoffs for at least another 3-4 years. There's just no way it can be done without replacing about 6-7 players.

      I must say, if you ever want to get paid big bucks for being a mediocre player, making the Laker team is the way to go (ex - Jordan Hill....$9M a year...W...T...F )

    14. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      11-21-2014 07:03 PM #14
      2-0 since Swaggy P came back.

      The past two games have been fun and all but I'm not looking forward to many "winning streaks" this season.

    15. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      5,494
      Vehicles
      '13 Cute Ute | '14 Sedan | '15 Hatch
      01-05-2015 03:41 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by rmchung View Post
      Yep. Actually, I hated the Dwight deal. Not sure why we got him in the first place when we already had Pau Gasol at center who knew how to play with Kobe already. The whole 2 year Kobe deal sucks...why couldn't he just say "give me $15M a year instead of $20M+.. You can do quite a bit with just an extra $5M for the roster. It could at least replace several of those d-league players that are currently on the roster....baaaah...gets me angry at times. I for sure know the Lakers aren't making the playoffs for at least another 3-4 years. There's just no way it can be done without replacing about 6-7 players.

      I must say, if you ever want to get paid big bucks for being a mediocre player, making the Laker team is the way to go (ex - Jordan Hill....$9M a year...W...T...F )
      Taking a paycut makes sense if you have faith in your front office (i.e. San Antonio, Dallas) which he has had no reason to since Jerry died. There was no guarantee that by taking less money that they would be able to assemble a better cast.

      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      2-0 since Swaggy P came back.

      The past two games have been fun and all but I'm not looking forward to many "winning streaks" this season.
      gotta protect the 1st round pick!

    16. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      01-09-2015 06:14 PM #16
      I moved up to Salinas after Christmas and we went with Comcast cable who don't offer Time Warner SportsNet so only nationally televised Lakers games for this guy.

      But at least I can watch Sharks games now.

    17. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      5,494
      Vehicles
      '13 Cute Ute | '14 Sedan | '15 Hatch
      01-09-2015 06:29 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      I moved up to Salinas after Christmas and we went with Comcast cable who don't offer Time Warner SportsNet so only nationally televised Lakers games for this guy.

      But at least I can watch Sharks games now.
      ooooo Salinas... You must like to live dangerously.

      Can't you pick up league pass with Comcast?
      Last edited by DasCC; 01-09-2015 at 06:32 PM.

    18. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      01-09-2015 08:45 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      ooooo Salinas... You must like to live dangerously.

      Can't you pick up league pass with Comcast?
      What's so bad about Salinas? I've only been here for about 12 days but we like it so far!

      I honestly haven't looked into League Pass yet. For starters money is a little tight since the move; and this Lakers team isn't worth dropping that kind of cash!

    19. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      5,494
      Vehicles
      '13 Cute Ute | '14 Sedan | '15 Hatch
      01-09-2015 10:07 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryan D View Post
      What's so bad about Salinas? I've only been here for about 12 days but we like it so far!

      I honestly haven't looked into League Pass yet. For starters money is a little tight since the move; and this Lakers team isn't worth dropping that kind of cash!
      Lol. Salinas isn't bad. Has sketchy areas where most of the crime occurs. People that live in the surrounding area have the perception that you always gotta dodge bullets. Are you familiar with the town or is it all new?

      I agree about league pass- LA isn't worth the money at this time. Got burned last year. Paid in full and 24 only played 6 games lol.

    20. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      01-10-2015 03:50 PM #20
      We moved here December 28 so it's all pretty new. We here an awful lot of sirens at night and there is an SUV with a SF Giants color scheme that has some bullet holes that is always parked outside of our apartment complex but it seems like a safe enough place for us.

    21. Member DasCC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2009
      Location
      West Coast
      Posts
      5,494
      Vehicles
      '13 Cute Ute | '14 Sedan | '15 Hatch
      01-11-2015 03:15 AM #21
      Lol. Ya there's also a green astro van with an escalade grill you'll probably see around town, that and plenty of early 90s Hondas with 20in chrome wheels.

    22. Member Ryan D's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 24th, 2007
      Location
      Corona, CA
      Posts
      6,936
      Vehicles
      2000 Plymouth Neon
      01-13-2015 09:39 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by DasCC View Post
      Lol. Ya there's also a green astro van with an escalade grill you'll probably see around town, that and plenty of early 90s Hondas with 20in chrome wheels.
      100% correct on the Hondas.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •