Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help me I.D. these 2 GTIs - history, etc?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      13 Passat TDI, 04 Jetta TDI, 00 Tropic orange VR6 GTI, 00 2.slo Golf, 57 Sunroof Beetle
      Yesterday 06:28 PM #1
      I recently picked up a 2000 VR6 5sp GTI in tropic orange metallic (beige leather) in trade for my beater powerstroke. It came from NJ last year some time. I thought I had tracked it down to belonging to nolig23, but there are too many differences (apparently there were 2 Y2k T.O.M. GTIs with beige leather on 18" BBS RCs sold in NJ last year?). I do know it's missing the front sway bar and the hitch had taken a hit and bent up the spare area (got it all banged out) but no damage to the body. Crappy projector headlights.

Looking for some history - maintenance - problems? Seller said timing chains and clutch were done about 20k ago.

Couple pics:

Also - another Jersey GTI...

My sister-in-laws nephew just bought this GTI... 05 1.8T with tip auto. Had 99k. I just went through and did timing belt/trans fluid/oil/ and fixed a bunch of broken stuff. Same here - looking for history (have the carfax) to explain some stuff (no foglight switch / no heated seats / bodywork covered by this paint job)

More pics:

Last edited by gforce1108; Today at 11:54 AM.
      I hate rockauto.com http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=236
      04 Jetta TDI, BEW. 17/22 'hybrid' turbo, rocketchip RC3 tune, 2.5"FMIC, PD150 intake, 3" Kerma turbo-back exhaust. No EGR, ventectomy, CCV mod.
      13 Passat TDI, CKRA, 6M, foglight retrofit, HIDs, trunk&front lip spoiler, rear fog, H&R sport springs, 19" Audi wheels.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit Gti And 90 jetta coupe(Daily)
      Yesterday 09:57 PM #2
      was about to sayyy because did look like cesars old gti which he sold to my friend andrey his rc were plasti dipped and then polished when he sold it. i did see another im north nj somewhere.. this gotta be it. sussex county/morris area
      COOLWATER VW CLUB @Coolwatervw
      @A2jettafreak Say hello
      Mk2 GTI PART OUT. -----> http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...lla-tails-Mint
      If You need mk1/mk2/mk3 parts in tri-state area lmk.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      13 Passat TDI, 04 Jetta TDI, 00 Tropic orange VR6 GTI, 00 2.slo Golf, 57 Sunroof Beetle
      Today 10:12 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by A2jettafreak View Post
      was about to sayyy because did look like cesars old gti which he sold to my friend andrey his rc were plasti dipped and then polished when he sold it. i did see another im north nj somewhere.. this gotta be it. sussex county/morris area
      I saw one of his pictures and was sure this was the car. At first we thought that guy that bought it swapped out a bunch of the parts (beetle headrests, coilovers), but he had a dent in the rocker that this car doesn't have. Miles are too high also. Wish I knew more about it - but I guess I'll learn as I dig though it.

I found something in the car that says his name was Antonio M. from Lodi NJ. (not going to print his last name) - maybe I'll see if he's on facebook and send him a message. It's mostly stock so might not have been on the vortex. The Black/Red one seems too fast for a stock 1.8T auto and there are lots of little things done to it. Maybe the owner is around here somewhere!

Thanks!
      I hate rockauto.com http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=236
      04 Jetta TDI, BEW. 17/22 'hybrid' turbo, rocketchip RC3 tune, 2.5"FMIC, PD150 intake, 3" Kerma turbo-back exhaust. No EGR, ventectomy, CCV mod.
      13 Passat TDI, CKRA, 6M, foglight retrofit, HIDs, trunk&front lip spoiler, rear fog, H&R sport springs, 19" Audi wheels.