Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: megasquirt vrt

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 94 S4
      12-17-2014 09:40 PM #1
      my harness in my mk2 vrt has been hacked apart by so many people im tired of dealing with it and am looking into replacing it using megasquirt. i see alo of people using the 68 pin connector and adapting it to the existing vw harness but im looking to make an entirely new harness. im trying to keep it simple and was thinking the easiest way to make it run is use a megasquirt harness and run waste spark and batch fuel along with the cps for a rpm signal to the ms, coolant temp sensor, iat, tps and map sensor. Is there any issues in wiring it this way? any experience or ideas on the subject would be greatly appreciated

Vehicles
      89 Corrado VrT, Polo6n, Passat B6, Audi A4, Audi A3, VW T4, Nissan Terrano 1
      12-18-2014 08:26 AM #2
      I recently purchased an KDFI 1.4 pnp unit, which is basically an ms2/extra unit and is wired to the oem connector. It already has an wideband controller unit installed which I believe is the only extra thing thats not on your ms2 base. It uses the mentioned sensors along with the oem harness of course and additionally a wideband sensor, so it's definitely possible. I haven't got it yet and it will take some months for me to try it out and hopefully get it running so that's all I can tell you for now.

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 94 S4
      12-18-2014 04:39 PM #3
      thanks for the input, i see alot of people using factory harness too but mine needs to replace so thats why i want to run it independantly, and i forgot ill be using an aem wideband thats already in the car and hooking that up to the ms, was planning on using ms1 v3 to keep costs down and simplicity