Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Jazz Blue Disaster

1. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Golf and JB 20th
      01-05-2015 06:17 AM #1
      Hi, my name is Michael and I am 20 years old, I ended buying this 20th from Roseville on December 30th, 2013. Its been a full year now since I have had it. It has broken down one time on me which ended up being a bad coil pack. I have replaced all four new tires with Continental ExtremeContact DWS, replaced all the PCV hoses, new o2 sensor, fixed the leaking transmission, all filters replaced, ECS dogbone mount, new spark plugs, new valve cover gasket, new Recaro cushion for drivers seat, and I am probably forgetting some stuff. The car needs a suspension refresh for sure. I have been thinking of selling it, but still not entirely sure. I found out the water pump might be leaking, I will be replacing the TB and WP. It will be my first time, but should be a good experience. If anyone would like to help that will be awesome . I really really really want to respray this car so bad, I just want to see the Jazz Blue shine. Here is a picture
      'You know what your problem is? I'm too good looking."

2. 01-05-2015 11:05 AM #2
      These are great cars I've had some good times with my GLI...I got a pit bull puppy last year and he has been a handful and broken a lot of the interior but worth it. I have a leak in my cooling system somewhere too...not sure where and it's intermittent. If you have the facilities to work on it I've never done a timing belt but done some water pumps back in the day.

Looks like the Jazz Blue just needs a wax job? But there is a great great body shop up here that did some work on my car.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Golf and JB 20th
      01-05-2015 03:01 PM #3
      That is awesome . I have done all the work on my car, I do not like paying other people to work on my car nor do I trust them, haha. The paint is like cracked on the left side quarter panel, there is an 8inch x 8 inch space where it is cracked. It has also been resrayed for whatever reason. I will probably post pictures later. Soon I will teach myself how to spray paint and do it myself.
      'You know what your problem is? I'm too good looking."