Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Supercharging: AHA vs ATQ: GIAC chip swap?

Vehicles
      86 1.8 Jetta Sold, 96 2.0 Jetta Sold, 97 2.0 Jetta Sold, 01 vr6 Jetta Sold, 01 Passat b5 cuurent
      01-13-2015 12:59 PM #1
      Hello all,

hoping you can help me with some much needed info. I have not found a concrete answer on this.

*B5 PASSAT 30V V6 PLATFORM**

-Everyone knows that the AHA came in earlier v6 models and does not have a drive by wire, thus is not compatible for a straight "plug n play" swap to an ATQ engine (which functions with a drive-by wire).

-My question is: Will the part# or chip/software for the AHA be the exact same programming for the ATQ? I would like to know because I have the chance to purchase the PES G2 Supercharger but it is coming from an Audi AHA engine, the chip is already in the ECU, and the ECU will come with the purchase. I know there is also the other detail of "will the chip be soldered in or socketed to either ECU.

I have searched on PW, here, scaudi. com, and have not come up with concrete answer. any help is greatly appreciated. Yes I have posted this in the forced induction forum, as well has emailed GIAC. trying to cover all ends

thank you,
      Aaron

Vehicles
      2004 GLS 1.8T
      01-13-2015 04:43 PM #2
      I don't have a concrete answer either, but I have a strong suspicion: The ECU and software are definitely different between drive-by-cable and drive-by-wire engines. I wouldn't count on them being interchangeable at all. On the "plus" side, people have said the software that comes with the PES pretty much sucks anyway, and have had custom programming done.

Vehicles
      86 1.8 Jetta Sold, 96 2.0 Jetta Sold, 97 2.0 Jetta Sold, 01 vr6 Jetta Sold, 01 Passat b5 cuurent
      01-14-2015 12:30 AM #3
      Thanks for the input. i figure this is the outcome but thought id check since if i bought the kit (used) i would still be getting the products.