Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need help with my heater

1. 03-01-2015 05:54 PM #1
      I have a 99 jetta wagon 1,9 TDI. I had problem with a coolant-leak. Since it was time for a timing-belt change, I changed waterpump, thermostat, temp-sensor, heater-core and checking blend-doors. So all that is new and fixed. I've flushed radiator, heater-core several times. First i suspected the thermostat not to open properly, so I bought a new OEM one. Have good flow and no leaks, but there isnt comming any heat in my heater. After the engine is properly warm (90celsius) if I increase RPM I get a little warmth(Very little) but is disappear Very quickly when I turn up the fan.

any good tips?

2. Yesterday 04:24 AM #2
      My car overheated today. I stopped it at 100degrees c. And both fans on radiator was on. Lower radiatorhose was cold. And i hose from heater core was cold. So I have a flow problem. Checked waterpump again. It is ok. What more can stop the flow? Radiator-flow is ok, heatercore-flow is ok.

Vehicles
      '03 GTI VR6, '14 Golf
      Yesterday 10:43 AM #3
      Air lock in the system perhaps? Are you losing coolant?

4. Yesterday 12:22 PM #4
      Not loosing any coolant while driving, but when the engine was cold again today the coolant-tank was empty. I topped it(to the mark) and drive home, and then i had to fill up 0.2 litres again. But now the heater isnt dead cold longer, just no heat. So a slightly differense. I suspect air-locks too, but how hard can it be to get them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Yesterday 12:23 PM #5
      Coolant-tank was full(Max mark) when it was hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      '03 GTI VR6, '14 Golf
      Yesterday 12:31 PM #6
      So you are losing coolant if you are having to add coolant. Pressure test the system.