Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: Misc Parts - from 1993 Fox w/ 2.0 block conversion

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      1993 Fox, 1986 VR6 swapped jetta
      03-04-2015 11:59 AM #1
      All prices obo and all prices include shipping to U.S. 48. I need all of this stuff out of my garage so if it doesn't sell it's going to scrap/garbage. Don't be bashful and make an offer. I am in Knoxville, TN if you want to pick anything up. This thread will get updated as I dig more stuff out of the spare parts bins.

$15 timing belt cover

$15 ignition control module
      https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hp...93&oe=55820B17

$5 (free, just pay shipping) Idle Stabilizer Valves
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...fedb89ffd7ea8e

$5/each (pick up only) Steelies, dual bolt pattern 4x100 and ? 15x7" with a 20 offset. No markings other than "race use only" stamped on the barrel. Rims were used in racing so the lips are rashed but all rims are straight and balance out. Only 3 because one was destroyed in a wreck. Brass valve stems.

Throttle Cable (brand new) $20

Injectors with rail and harness $15

MAF $30

Coil $15

Distributors - all test good -
      1.8 no gear $30,
      1.8 w/gear $40,
      2.0 w/gear $40,
      1.8 w/ 2.0 gear and TTT adapter - rebuilt/new $110

Still more to come.....

Then perhaps the parts off the car which include:
      Audi 4000 suspension - control arms with urethane bushings, sway bar, struts with brand new bilstein B8 inserts, and cut springs. (will include custom cv spacers to make it all work on your car)
      Techtonics tuning lightweight flywheel
      New oem rear shocks with cut springs
      Engine 2.0 block with 1.8 head- windage tray, cam, ported head, ported exhaust manifold,.....
      Trans - 5speed with heim joint linkage and new bushing in shifter
      Subframe with welded mounts and modified to run Audi 4000 sway bar.
      New radiator
      10.1 brake setup with NIB Hawk Pads
      Lower temp fan switch
      radiator fan
      Last edited by chumpboy; 03-11-2015 at 10:53 PM.

Vehicles
      1989 Fox Wolfsburg, 1990 Fox Coupe
      03-05-2015 04:22 PM #2
      The thing you can't identify is a pair of ISVs (Idle Stabilizer Valves) from a car with A/C.

No taker on the racecar? Parting it out? Too bad...

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03-05-2015 04:55 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by bluetoes591 View Post
      The thing you can't identify is a pair of ISVs (Idle Stabilizer Valves) from a car with A/C.

No taker on the racecar? Parting it out? Too bad...
      Thanks! It has been a several years since we built the car and when we did we ripped everything out and added back only what was needed to make it run. I didn't remember removing those so I didn't remember what it was.

Unfortunately no takers on the car. Shame, she is a great little car! With the Jetta I don't have the space and right now one car is always stored in the race trailer. I then have to shuffle everything for race day or repairs and it's getting really old. The fox hasn't been raced in over a year. I'm parting the spares package and then i'll try one last time to sell the car. If it doesn't sell, then i'll cut it up and divvy it out.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03 Mini S, 87 Scirocco 16v stripped and caged, 93 Fox STOCK,89 Jetta 8v (sold), 82 Scirocco 8v (rip)
      03-10-2015 07:14 PM #4
      I'm interested in the suspension setup. Are you willing to part it out or sell as a whole? Also what sort of cash are you asking for?

Thanks!

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03-11-2015 04:40 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by TheMasterT View Post
      I'm interested in the suspension setup. Are you willing to part it out or sell as a whole? Also what sort of cash are you asking for?

Thanks!
      Right now i am trying to keep the car complete and part out the spares. I'll talk to the team and see if they want to start parting the car out but when/if the time comes i would like to sell the suspension as one whole assembly.

The struts are needed to run the control arms and the control arms are needed to run the sway bar. The benefit to the system is the control arms - a lot beefier than the fox and wider for better camber. We have spacers made with longer bolts to connect the CV axles to the transmission. Otherwise the wider control arms pull the CV's apart (ask us how we know). The sub frame has tabs welded on that allows for the 4000 sway bar mounts. Although we ditched the sway bar after the first race.

What are you interested in? Would you be picking it up or shipping it?

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03 Mini S, 87 Scirocco 16v stripped and caged, 93 Fox STOCK,89 Jetta 8v (sold), 82 Scirocco 8v (rip)
      03-12-2015 05:35 PM #6
      That sounds a bit more involved than what I was looking to do. I am in the market for a front end refresh, bushings, struts, springs, etc but thought hmm maybe I can use a little more. I have quite a bit of play and banging in the front. I'm not looking to invest more than a few hundred dollars into it as the car is only worth a few hundred dollars. Just want to do what's required to keep on keeping on.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03-18-2015 04:01 PM #7
      3 CV axles - 2 new 1 rebuilt greased and ready to install. When time = positions we kept one in the pits ready for install if we needed it. They currently have longer bolts installed that have been drilled for safety wire. I can include the OEM bolts if need be. Each has a new nut on the end and i have extra axle nuts.

Asking $60 each shipped 48.