VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Need New Mats- Recommendations?

3K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  BalloFruit 
#1 · (Edited)
My OEM premium rubber mats (w/white A3 logo)- are just looking 'tired'.
Anyone using WeatherTech mats, or anything else? Happy with them?
TIA :beer:

#28 ·
75,000 miles of use, I don't think that's too bad. I hate that it is almost worn through where my heel pivots on the drivers mat.
I have those OEM mats too, at least 90k miles on them...maybe more.
Light weights, 75k in the '06 and 65k in the '09, on the same set :rolleyes:

On my drivers-side mat, I guess I drag my foot across the ridges on the top half of the mat, and about five of ridges, have 2" slits at their base. Their is also the heel wear spot with a hole starting to appear.

It sucks that we can't buy just the drivers mat :confused:

The weathertech's look promising, just buy a set for the fronts, maybe.

#5 ·
I've got a set of the Weathertech ones, and they're awesome. Leave them in year-round, no signs of wear, and they do a great job of keeping water/dirt contained with the custom moulded shape and high sides. Using the OEM floor clips is a bonus too (but they only do it in the front).

The only fault with them (if you could call it that) is that their big, 3D logo sticker wore off in a hurry (wasn't exactly heartbroken). Oh, and they're expensive.

#6 ·
skotti, I bought these A3 specific monster mats in like new condition from another member and have put 45,000 miles on them. With occasional Simple Green cleanings they all still look like new. I had the Euro rubber mats, and while the passenger mat has better coverage the mats are thin and do not hold dirt, water, etc. well. YMMV [clearly]. Find them at ECS Tuning here www.ecstuning.com/ES7892.

#13 ·
Thanks- those are the ones I am replacing. I liked them, except for the driver's mat- not reenforced, and doesn't catch all the dirt and crap at the front. If I can't find something I like, I'll get another set of these. But I'm still looking.

#10 ·
You should check out Lloyd Floor Mats. You can usually purchase them through carid or jcwhitney. I don't actually have a set in the A3 (yet), but they provide custom fit mats in several styles and colors. They fit great and offer all weather protection. They aren't as extensive with side walls like weathertech, but in my opinion they look better.

#19 ·
Lots of sand, and I have 2 Westies (white dogs), they shed just enough hair to be visible in the carpet.
I like the silver piping too, just not practical for me.

#21 ·
Thanks- not a fan of those, not enough of a lip around the edge to hold back sand/liquid, etc., just a preference I have.
Those mats in the link above- made by Novline- are made in Russia, interestingly enough.
My guess is you can spill an entire bottle of vodka and not get a drop on the carpet.

#32 ·
Just snagged a set of WeatherTech DigitalFit mats off the classifieds for $50-
Glad this fell off my radar until today!
Next, B- pillars...real carbon fiber or vinyl wrap...

#33 ·
My driver's side monster mat has finally worn down to the point of falling apart. The passenger side looks worn, but I might as well replace them both. ~140k miles on a set of floor mats ain't bad. I don't think I want another set of monster mats. I just bought Lloyd rubber mats for the Corvette and like them a lot, but it doesn't seem like they make a set specifically for the A3. You can buy their generic ones and cut to size, but I don't want to do that. I'm thinking I'll try Weathertech out. I'm not thrilled with the digital fit style (442181), but the all-weather style (W53) looks promising. Has anyone used them before? How's the fit/feel of them?

#34 ·
I have the digital fit mats- honestly, I wish I bought these from the start. They protect much more surface area, prevent any spillover, and will last much longer than the OEM 'A3' logo mats. The set I snagged were used (can't recall the usage/mileage on them), but they seemed like-new when I got them, and I am still really happy with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.