VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Digi Tune up - never ceases to amaze me

639 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Seax_Smith 
#1 ·
Pulled, the head grounds. They were still shiny. Wiped off what remained on the old dielectric grease, lightly recoated and reinstalled.

Checked all the plugs and sockets. All still lightly greased and clean.

Flushed out the ISV with WD40 and jumped power from the battery to clean behind the valve.

Checked the coolant and electrolyte in the battery – both fine.

New NTK 22013 O2 sensor, installed with butt splices. (O2 sensor wire is getting short)

Popped the K&N out of the air box. Did a light respray on the intake side because there was nothing out clean out of it, and it was still looked oiled.

New cap, rotor and NGK BP6ES. STI wires all test positive.

Start the car and wait for the fan to cycle.

Pop the dip stick and the idle drops and roughens up, so probably no vac leaks.

New Bosch oil filter and Castrol 10W40 with a can of MOA without too much discomfort or spillage.

Set up the multimeter for RMPs and attach to plug 1. Do the digi dance.

Full tank of 93 and full can of seafoam in the tank.

Brought all 4 155/80/13 with snows up to 34 PSI and went for a drive.

After 20 minute of driving around, go on the high way and kept it in forth for 15 minutes @ 65 mph.

Come home, Do the digi dance again to double check. All good.

Ready for the summer wheels, and good bath, Mothers cleaner wax and waxing. Then onto removing the corrosion monsters foot hold.

Thought the car was running well before, but I was wrong. Is funny how we don't / can't notice that subtle deterioration in driveability, and why is my back hurting now?

See less See more
#3 ·
digi dance:

Attach tach and timing gun, loosen distrib bolt and pull the green plug then pirouette clockwise three times

Start car and pirouette counter-clockwise while waiting for the fans to come on.

Disconnect CTS and rev engine 3 times and remember to point your toe and don't forget to pirouette again ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.