Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: An amalgamation of random bike questions

1. 04-24-2017 09:06 AM #726
      Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
      Yeah, check the rotor by spinning the wheel and seeing how true it is between the pads. If it's out, you can grab it with a clean rag/finger and give it a little pull to try and straighten it. The wheel could have also been knocked slightly out of whack in the dropouts, especially if the skewer tension is on the lighter side. The front wheel on my Top Fuel wasn't tight enough with the factory skewer setting and it'd rub a decent amount. I bumped up the tension a bit (via the numbered wheel on the non-brake side), and it's been fine since.
      Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to increase the tension on the skewer and it didn't get rid of the rub. It turns out that the rotor was slightly warped and did touch the pads. I bent it back where it was rubbing and the rub is gone. But that begs the question: how does a hard corner where the front wheel plows cause the rotor to bend?

2. Senior Member WineBasket2.0t's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Lighten up Francis
      04-24-2017 09:43 AM #727
      Quote Originally Posted by vwconvert View Post
      Thanks for the suggestions. I tried to increase the tension on the skewer and it didn't get rid of the rub. It turns out that the rotor was slightly warped and did touch the pads. I bent it back where it was rubbing and the rub is gone. But that begs the question: how does a hard corner where the front wheel plows cause the rotor to bend?
      Front wheel could be from anything. My guess would be the fork flexed under the lateral torsion. Could also be skewers, they aren't terribly great at holding. Or there could be some hub play which allowed the wheel to wobble a little. Or all 3. Probably flex and skewers though.
      I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit5GTI
      You have cornered the entire 'I hate Ford Fusions' market around here
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      Pure electric vehicles will never fully replace fueled (pure ICE or PHEV) vehicles.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930