Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2010VW CC AC compressor Change Help

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 2.0L turbo 4
      Yesterday 07:12 PM #1
      hello and thank you all for taking the time to look at this post....I just ordered a new AC compressor for my 2010 VW CC turbo 4. I went to shop to see how much it would be to change it and was told it would be close to 600 dollars to get it done which i think is too much money for that when i feel it can be done myself so i'll assume I'll do it myself now the question is do i need to change the AC drier and expansion valve as well because i didn't buy that i only bought the compressor. now the question is should i purchase the drier and expansion drive as well and do it myself or should i cough up the 500 and let the shop do it. I just don't see it being charged all that money in labor for something that I think I can do on my own. I want to try and save some money guys and I am just looking for the best advice and I try to reply as quick as possible i know that we are all busy but a few minutes of your time can provide some great savings and a lifetime of advice

Vehicles
      97 Jetta VR swapped. 2010 CC VR Executive bagged uni tune. 2012 Passat SEL
      Yesterday 08:27 PM #2
      Drier yes, expansion valve no. Make sure you use the green o rings, and have a shop vacuum out the old stuff, they might cut you a break when you go to have them recharge the system.
      97 Jetta GL, OBDI VR swapped, 262 cams, GIAC chip, turn 2 style CAI, Magnaflow catback, 2.9 clone manifold, eurospec flywheel, B&G RS2 coilovers, MKIV front and rear seats

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC 2.0L turbo 4
      Yesterday 11:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by sk8too View Post
      Drier yes, expansion valve no. Make sure you use the green o rings, and have a shop vacuum out the old stuff, they might cut you a break when you go to have them recharge the system.

so the drier and O Rings is what I need. I think I'm going to have to change this myself because close to 600 dollars for this seems a bit too much and I just want to get my AC working before then

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Global-Parts...26b4db&vxp=mtr

this is a link i found for my cc but with your help i can maybe same some money and time..i'll buy a recharge kit or borrow my uncles one before tackling this but I really do need to get this done and try to make it happen...600 for basically labor is a lot of money