VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2016 X1 F48 leaked

32K views 157 replies 63 participants last post by  bzcat 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#34 ·
That shifter/lower dash area is ugly.
Really? I like that it's different from the normal BMW shifters.

Who do you think ever used the RWD to it's potential in one of those? I'll bet 99.999% of X1 drivers will never notice the switch. Some cars are better with RWD, some aren't. This is one of the latter.
Maybe not the RWD (a lot would be sold xDrive anyway, though rear-biased), but the old north-south layout going means the end of the 35i, which was a unique "Goes Like Stink" turbo I6 in one of the smallest and lightest BMWs sold at the time. It's kind of like the short-lived Rav4 V6 in the "I don't know why they built this, but I like it" category.

In this case, 0-60 in 5.1, 1/4 in 14.2@99.
http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x1/2013/road-test-specs1.html

Sure, most people don't buy an X1 for that, and they'll sell tons. I wonder if they'll make anything like the GLA45 AMG though?

#30 ·
At least the current X1 is visually car-like and drives proper wheels, two things which make it stand out from the crowd.
Who do you think ever used the RWD to it's potential in one of those? I'll bet 99.999% of X1 drivers will never notice the switch. Some cars are better with RWD, some aren't. This is one of the latter.

#26 ·
It looks very good, but it's a shame its losing the RWD that currently makes it so unique.

#32 ·
Being a current X1 owner, I really like the driving dynamics of RWD E84, but its interior is far behind than its competition. This new interior is befitting $30,000 plus MSRP that F48 will demand:

Exterior is more contemporary too. X1 is my wife's DD, so I'm sure she won't mind the FWD version. :D
Overall, I am really excited about the f48.:thumbup: I think F48 will sell better than the E84, just based on styling alone.

#33 ·
Yeah, I think they nailed the styling. Considering that I really liked the service loaner Q3 I just drove, the new FWD platform for the X1 might not bother me as much as I thought it might.

If the X1 has memory seats, which the Q3 lacks, the styling is this good, and it's a newer platform compared to the Q3, the X1 might be closer to the top of my list than I thought it would be.

#39 ·
They did a nice job with this, lifted the Active Tourer and gave it the X3 LCI design elements. Supposedly the X1 is on the UKL2 platform and the current Mini 3 and 5 door hatches and the Active Tourer are using the UKL1, haven't been able to find out what the platform differences are though.

#40 ·
Front Kidney bean grills like that almost make it look dare I say it? Buick-esque

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.