Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Buying a used GLI

1. Yesterday 01:05 PM #1
      SO, my A4 has gotten a little tiresome lately and is racking up the miles. I found a used 2012 Silver Frost 6MT GLI i am extremely interested in and for a really good price I feel. It's a 1 owner vehicle that has about 78k miles in and it's been titled locally, but it's for sale at Toyota dealership about a hour from me. Before I pull the trigger, are there any kind or warning signs or anything I should look for? Apparently, they are having trouble selling because no one in the area wants a manual transmission, so they say. The price has been dropped on it a couple of times and I think i'm in the position to get a great deal. When I pulled the Carfax, the car shows it has been titled as a "corporate vehicle" on 7/6/2012 and I'm not entirely sure what that means. All thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

"Title or registration issued
      First owner reported
      Titled or registered as
      corporate vehicle
      Loan or lien reported"
      Last edited by Tsnewman125; Yesterday at 04:40 PM.

2. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2011 Jetta SEL; 1999 A8 Quattro, 2009 A6 3.0T Quattro
      Yesterday 04:44 PM #2
      It might have been leased out to the original owner. The owner then purchased the vehicle when the lease expired.
      That's why it is listed as a 1-Owner car.

This is one possible scenario. While Carfax reports are pretty useful. It will only show information that was reported.
      2011 Jetta SEL 2.5L. USP Cold Air Intake, USP ESP off, Aftermarket Auto Lights