Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: in some ways the manual dsg shift is more taxing than regualar manual :/

Vehicles
      1.6 tdi bm dsg
      08-23-2015 03:48 PM #1
      hi guys,

by this I mean that, as your never quite sure what it is doing, especially when slowing for junctions etc - that is the trickiest part I think
      I find it is easy to double shift down by accident, if you do it at the same time the box does :/
      whereas with regular manual box, you know for sure what is going on

....still playing with the best combo - is good to have the option to override the full auto though I think

cheers
      dan

2. 08-25-2015 12:43 PM #2
      I only drive in manual mode with traction control off at all times because if I don't I get thrown forward and traction control activates between shifts for some reason in auto. Gotta love DSG

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      1.6 tdi bm dsg
      Yesterday 03:20 AM #3
      yikes! that sounds unpleasant - gotta say after reading lots of peeps posts here, mine is actually pretty smooth mechanically - think it is helped that it is just a stock 1.6 tdi - ie not much power
      ...I find that for 90% of time, just letting the auto chug along in a silly high gear (and turn stereo up so you cant hear it is best!) .... until it gets too silly
      cheers

...think the stock software could do with some work though ...love to try a remap - just too costly at mo :/
      Last edited by danx55; Yesterday at 03:23 AM.