VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Introducing MkV Volkswagen R32 Billet Aluminum Dogbone Mount Inserts by 034Motorsport!

16K views 74 replies 7 participants last post by  034Motorsport 
#1 ·

034Motorsport is pleased to present a new performance dogbone mount (torque arm bushing) insert upgrade for the Mk5 VW R32!

Have you increased the power output of your vehicle beyond the factory figures and are in need of a performance mount solution to effectively deliver that power to the ground? Are you tired of excess engine/transmission movement hindering shift quality and performance? The factory dogbone mount is one of the weakest links in the drivetrain, and is engineered with voids that allow for movement, isolating the driver from the road.

This precision-machined billet aluminum insert is designed to fill the large voids in the factory dogbone mount, and limit transmission and engine movement without sacrificing ride quality or introducing any perceivable additional noise, vibration, or harshness into the cabin. By filling the void in the factory mount, this insert eliminates the associated slop and ensures that you're experiencing crisper shifts and a more direct, connected driving experience.

Engineered to work in unison with the factory rubber mount, this insert was designed using CAD software and thoroughly tested and refined to provide noticeable slop reduction without introducing excessive noise or vibration into the cabin, which is common with lesser designs. Unlike polyurethane insert options on the market, this billet aluminum part will not pack and wear over time, and guarantees long-lasting performance.

This mount was thoroughly tested by 034Motorsport and independent Audi/Volkswagen enthusiasts before release. Installation is very simple, can be performed in minutes, and is completely reversible.

Features:
  • T6-6061 Billet Aluminum Construction
  • CNC-Machined In-House
  • Clear Anodized Finish for Durability
  • Engineered to Fill Void In Factory Transmission Mount
  • Drastically Reduces Transmission Movement During Shifting & Deceleration
  • Improves Shifting Feel, Resulting in Crisper Shifts
  • Will Not Cause Additional NVH Transfer Inside Cabin
  • Easy, Straightforward Installation Takes Minutes!
What's Included:
  • 034Motorsport Billet Aluminum Dogbone Mount Insert
Installation Instructions:
Fitment:
  • 2006 - 2008 Audi A3 (8P)
  • 2006 - 2008 Audi TT (8J)
  • 2006 - 2008 Volkswagen Eos / GLI / GTI / Jetta / R32 / Rabbit (MkV)
  • 2006 - 2008 Volkswagen Passat (B6)
Click Here to Order Early (-2008.5) MkV Volkswagen R32 Billet Aluminum Dogbone Mount Insert Upgrade!

Please don't hesitate to contact us via PM or email if you have any questions. :)

See less See more
#34 ·
Thank you for the continued orders! :)

Quattro de Seca with ACGG

Here's a picture from Audi Club Golden Gate's HPDE at Laguna Seca last Thursday, where we had an awesome time on track along with many of our customers. :cool:

It keeps getting bumped down the list by products we're running low on. :(

#35 ·
Thank you for the continued orders! :heart:

Still wondering what exactly Dogbone Mount Inserts do? You're not alone! To offer insight into the slop reduction, we made this quick comparison video of drivetrain movement from the stock Audi/Volkswagen MQB "Version 1" Dogbone Mount with/without the 034Motorsport Dogbone Mount Insert installed.

This video was shot last week using Mark's 8V Audi S3 on our Mustang AWD Dynamometer with one of the first 034-509-1022 inserts ever produced. The other mounts are still stock on this particular S3.

034Motorsport Audi/Volkswagen Dogbone Mount Inserts are designed to allow ample movement to prevent unwanted NVH transfer at startup, idle, cruise, and light-load situations, while providing a substantial reduction in drivetrain movement under load. The result is reduced wheel hop, improved shifting feel, and more direct response to throttle inputs. :thumbup:

#39 ·
The cash is ready when you guys want it 🤑. I already have about all the other suspension and engine parts from you guys. The pendulum arm is working well with the VWR subframe mount, but the upper mounts are still causing loose play and jolting. My transfer case is broken so I have time to wait as i get this upgraded :mad:.

#48 ·
I've had my insert sitting around for a while now.Just wanted to double check that when I remove the bolt there is no tension on the dogbone and it the bolt hole will stay lined up correct?I tried installing it with a ratchet but couldn't break the bolt free probably gonna need the impact gun too huh?

#50 ·
Thanks.I finally got it in.I split a craftsman socket trying but socket #2 got it to come lose.I was surprised how much of a difference it made.The throttle feels "tighter" and "less jerkey/hesitant"on take offs.Very happy with the insert.:thumbup:

#56 ·
Have a clunk or a pop up front? This kit addresses the very common subframe clunk/pop/creak that presents itself when taking slow turns, entering driveways, coming to a stop, and starting from a standstill. Unlike the band-aid shims used in the factory Volkswagen Technical Service Bulletin (TSB V-401202 & Others) repair, these locking collars and upgraded bolts are a permanent, affordable solution to address the fundamental issue with the factory subframe design.

034MOTORSPORT STAINLESS STEEL SUBFRAME LOCKING COLLAR UPGRADE KIT

#57 ·
#59 ·
In the Fremont California area? Don't miss out on our open house!

Dynos starting at $79 or $89 for three pulls!

NorCal Audi Club and 034Motorsport bring you WinterFest 2016! Join us at 034Motorsport for another great meet with food, cars, and fun!

We'll be hosting the 4th Annual NorCal Audi Club WinterFest as well as another 034Motorsport Dyno Day & Open House on Saturday, January 21st! We'll have all of the attractions you're used to, as well as a few extras:

Cars & Enthusiasts - Bring your stock or modified Audi, meet fellow enthusiasts, see their cars, and get an in-depth look at some of 034Motorsport's race cars and projects.

Food & Drinks – This year Javad is bringing plenty of home-made chili, and we’ll have drinks and snacks on hand for you as well.

Open House - We will be giving tours of the 034Motorsport Facility, including our Service Department. This is your chance to see how our parts are made, and get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on here at 034. :)

Discounted Products - We will be offering 10% off all 034Motorsport-branded products and merchandise at the event, as well as discounted pricing on 034Motorsport ECU Upgrades.

Free Raffle - Everyone who attends can enter their name in our free raffle, featuring items from 034Motorsport.

Dyno Runs - We are offering great deals on baseline dynos, and accepting 16 cars. See what you car makes on our Mustang AWD Dyno, or just check out some of the other cars doing pulls.

Dyno registration

Facebook event
https://www.facebook.com/events/1213223295433433/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.