VWVortex.com - European Refugee Crisis.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: European Refugee Crisis.

1. 09-03-2015 05:29 PM #1
      How do we not have a thread about this? http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...romo-small.jpg

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...necessary.html

will images help spur action?

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      09-03-2015 05:33 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubjb View Post
      How do we not have a thread about this?
      Saw it yesterday. I have a pretty thick skin. I can't handle dead kids.

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      09-03-2015 05:49 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      I can't handle dead kids.
      Maybe one or two, but no more.

09-03-2015 06:14 PM #4
      My good mood: Destroyed
      Quote Originally Posted by core5 View Post
      There's a sign spinner outside my office. I can't tell what he's selling.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Probably not career advice.

Vehicles
      12' V6 TDI ........ 00' VR6T ..........72' 914-6.................15' Honda CTX700N
      09-03-2015 06:26 PM #5
      How do we not have a thread about this? http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...romo-small.jpg

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...necessary.html

will images help spur action?
      hey, El Presidente Obama chose not to get involved......so whatever
      Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels and Cuddles Therapist of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      The boobs. I am waiting on the boobs here.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Audis, 2 Hondas, 1 BMW
      09-03-2015 07:03 PM #6
      How do we not have a thread about this?
      I thought about creating one...after I talked to my aunt in Germany on her birthday the other day.
      Like most Germans her age, she suffers from a post WWII shame and feels it's everyone's duty to find refuge for asylum seekers like this.
      However in 2015, entry into the German welfare state with no return benefit back to the state, the (in private) general public sentiment is "Auslander raus!"

I find it amusing that just to the south of Syria is a host of ME/muslim nations (w/ $$) that would be a more appropriate landing spot for them, but aren't welcome there so they criss cross 5-6-7 countries for the desired nations of Germany, Austria, Belgium, Scandanavia. Well, it's been proven that experiment has failed, there's been no return value. In Germany they get free housing, a stipend, access to food, medical care, education and job training...then spend a lifetime of not assimilating into society, bitching and moaning about no access to high paying jobs, and bring crime to the inner cities. See France for proof.

I wish Merkel would grow a spine and shut it down, they don't need more, their immigration figures are at a 20 yr high. Build a fence if you need to.
      Last edited by tbvvw; 09-03-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi Jeep CJ3B
      09-03-2015 07:11 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by You'reDrunk View Post
      hey, El Presidente Obama chose not to get involved......so whatever
      Yes, because this isn't our problem. It's Europe's problem and that has happened because of a collective failure to institute an action plan on their part. Obama made the right call.
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

Vehicles
      12' V6 TDI ........ 00' VR6T ..........72' 914-6.................15' Honda CTX700N
      09-03-2015 07:21 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      Yes, because this isn't our problem. It's Europe's problem and that has happened because of a collective failure to institute an action plan on their part. Obama made the right call.
      I wasn't disagreeing with him on this one.
      Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels and Cuddles Therapist of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      The boobs. I am waiting on the boobs here.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      09-03-2015 07:42 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      I thought about creating one...after I talked to my aunt in Germany on her birthday the other day.
      Like most Germans her age, she suffers from a post WWII shame and feels it's everyone's duty to find refuge for asylum seekers like this.
      However in 2015, entry into the German welfare state with no return benefit back to the state, the general public sentiment is "Auslander raus!"

I find it amusing that just to the south of Syria is a host of ME/muslim nations (w/ $$) that would be a more appropriate landing spot for them, so they criss cross 5-6-7 countries for the desired nations of Germany, Austria, Belgium, Scandanavia. well, it's been proven that experiment has failed, there's been no return value. In Germany they get free housing, a stipend, access to food, medical care, education and job training...then spend a lifetime of not assimilating into society, bitching and moaning about no access to high paying jobs, and bring crime to the inner cities. See France for proof.

I wish Merkel would grow a spine and shut it down, they don't need more, their immigration figures are at a 20 yr high. Build a fence if you need to.
      I found out the state of Bremen is building a few refugee camps. One is right outside my old neighborhood... I know that the Germans will be warm and accepting on the outside but I can only imagine what they're actually thinking. This area is the nicest part of Bremen - lots of old money, huge houses, amazing cars, nice businesses, horse farms, etc. The camp is supposedly unaccompanied males from Syria from fourteen years old onward. They're putting another similar camp right next to the international school a few kilometers away.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      09-03-2015 07:43 PM #10
      As others have mentioned... Why aren't the über rich countries of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, etc. taking these people in?

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Audis, 2 Hondas, 1 BMW
      09-03-2015 07:52 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I found out the state of Bremen is building a few refugee camps. One is right outside my old neighborhood... I know that the Germans will be warm and accepting on the outside but I can only imagine what they're actually thinking. This area is the nicest part of Bremen - lots of old money, huge houses, amazing cars, nice businesses, horse farms, etc. The camp is supposedly unaccompanied males from Syria from fourteen years old onward. They're putting another similar camp right next to the international school a few kilometers away.
      And this isn't like the wirtschaftswunder effect where they imported Turks to work in factories and provide value to society...this is a dead end welfare state.
      The costs are astronomical. I'd send all of them back...shame on all the countries between Syria and Germany letting them pass through.
      Just another case of political correctness getting in the way of protecting your people.

09-03-2015 07:52 PM #12
      I understand the boy who drowned had relatives in Canada and the boy's family was trying to get there. If a refugee has relatives in another country, then at least, why not fast track the refugee to their relatives?

I know it won't solve the crisis. But hey, it's better than nothing.

13. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      List your car(s) owned here
      09-03-2015 08:02 PM #13
      Cant they find some un or less inhabited little islands in the middle of the Mediterranean to let them live on a while?
      I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit5GTI
      You have cornered the entire 'I hate Ford Fusions' market around here
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      Pure electric vehicles will never fully replace fueled (pure ICE or PHEV) vehicles.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      09-03-2015 08:07 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Cant they find some un or less inhabited little islands in the middle of the Mediterranean to let them live on a while?
      Isn't Malta already over run?

15. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      09-03-2015 08:21 PM #15
      And to be clear, this is not a European refugee crisis, it's a Syrian refugee crisis.
      I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job. I'm your average white, suburbanite slob.

Pure electric vehicles will never fully replace fueled (pure ICE or PHEV) vehicles.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      09-03-2015 08:24 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      And to be clear, this is not a European refugee crisis, it's a Syrian refugee crisis.
      It's a lot more than Syrians... There are people from all over the Middle East, North Africa, and the Balkans.

17. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      09-03-2015 08:24 PM #17
      It's a lot more than Syrians... There are people from all over the Middle East, North Africa, and the Balkans.
      Ok fine, but it's not European refugees in crisis was my point.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      09-03-2015 08:28 PM #18
      Fair enough.

Also, IIRC you're supposed to ask for asylum at the first country you enter that is stable or something along those lines. I guess that's not working out so well for Italy...

Vehicles
      VW
      09-03-2015 08:32 PM #19
      However in 2015, entry into the German welfare state with no return benefit back to the state, the (in private) general public sentiment is "Auslander raus!"

I find it amusing that just to the south of Syria is a host of ME/muslim nations (w/ $$) that would be a more appropriate landing spot for them, but aren't welcome there so they criss cross 5-6-7 countries for the desired nations of Germany, Austria, Belgium, Scandanavia. Well, it's been proven that experiment has failed, there's been no return value. In Germany they get free housing, a stipend, access to food, medical care, education and job training...then spend a lifetime of not assimilating into society, bitching and moaning about no access to high paying jobs, and bring crime to the inner cities. See France for proof.

Germany was first to open its borders to refugees from Balkans running away from war. For that, we are ever so grateful. Merkel has been trying to shut it down, but majority in Germany want the refugees.

As others have mentioned... Why aren't the über rich countries of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE, etc. taking these people in?
      I look at those Arab countries with anger. They are throwing billions on Soccer players, yet they watch they fellow Muslims suffer few miles away. They could stop the war in Syria, free Palestine and basically clean up their 'hood, if they wanted to. There will be a special place in hell for them.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      09-03-2015 08:34 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      I look at those Arab countries with anger. They are throwing billions on Soccer players, yet they watch they fellow Muslims suffer few miles away. They could stop the war in Syria, free Palestine and basically clean up their 'hood, if they wanted to. There will be a special place in hell for them.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
      09-03-2015 08:36 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      No. It's everyone's problem. It's a humanitarian problem. A global problem. Something that impacts you and me as decent human beings. The rape warehouses, the mass killings of innoccent people and kids, and the general chaos is your problem and my problem to deal with.

It's that sort of "it's not my problem" attitude that created WW2 and the holocaust. People preferred to turn their heads and ignore the problem. Nazis came into power, people were killed wholesale, and many folks fled to save their lives. And look how many people died as a result. Same exact thing is happening in the Middle East.

I've got young kids so those images hit me very hard.

Vehicles
      VW
      09-03-2015 08:39 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Uberhare View Post
      I've got young kids so those images hit me very hard.
      I lived thru it not long ago. This whole story brings back some terrible terrible memories.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2 Audis, 2 Hondas, 1 BMW
      09-03-2015 08:42 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      Germany was first to open its borders to refugees from Balkans running away from war. For that, we are ever so grateful. Merkel has been trying to shut it down, but majority in Germany want the refugees.
      Ich bin Deutscher, in private mochten Wir dass du zurückkehrst.

That's your refugee opinion only, most don't want the burden or cost...which never ends.
      Go visit Germany and ask any German off the record.
      It would be better if the Euro nations collaborated with the ME nations that would support overthrowing Syria and returning them all back home.
      Last edited by tbvvw; 09-03-2015 at 08:47 PM.

24. 09-03-2015 08:43 PM #24
      Anyone here read Camp of the Saints by Jean Raspail?

Vehicles
      VW
      09-03-2015 08:46 PM #25
      Go visit Germany and ask any German off the record.
      Been there, done that. Still have large family who lives in Germany since '70s. I also watch European news, and Bundesliga. There were 20k people on the streets the other day in support of refugees. I was watching a game on Sunday, and fans had " Refugees Welcome" banners up.

Of course, there are very conservative groups in Germany( Merkel being on top), who dont want anything to do with people out side of Aryan race.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast