VWVortex.com - Horror Story... Please, Any HELP welcome....
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Horror Story... Please, Any HELP welcome....

1. 09-08-2015 02:53 AM #1
      Hi. I have a 2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro with Tiptronic automatic. The car was fine, but I quietly began to want to change the transmission fluid, given the large number of suggestions in this regard circulating on the Internet. Audi advocates as the original fluid is good for life, but there are plenty of critics who say it is good to replace it after 75000 km. So I brought the stock to my mechanic, six liters of synthetic Ravenol ATF 5/4 HP can replace the VW-Audi G052162A2 the transmission filter and gasket. After waiting nearly three hours to cool the transmission, the procedure to empty and refill the transmission begins. The fluid pane is removed, emptying the old fluid, the filter is removed, the new filter is recovering, wu put back the transmission pane with the gasket, then begins to fill when the temperature is adequate according vag-com between 35-40 degrees. We had not done as suggested shifting in several DIY. The finished job, I leave the garage to go home, everything seems normal, I embarked on the highway and I make my way back. When I go out to the highway, after rolling a in town, the transmission go for the first gear, the second after, and when the third comes, it's slippery, I take my foot off the accelerator and the gear goes on finally, the Fourth slips a little less, but it does too, and finally being the fifth more like something normal. I call my mechanic and I explain him that perhaps it lacks the liquid and it may be the cause of this problem. I come back the next day, we wait for it to cool for 5 hours, removing the filler cap, putting more liquid while I change speeds with foot on the brake pedal. It happens to even put a little. That still does not work well and the problem persists. I decide to leave the car there, and I'm leaving with a car that lends me to leave my car cooling that all night and the next day trying to pump more fluid into the transmission. Must say that the first time, there were just over 5 liters pumped into the transmission. Furthermore, can be a half liter more thereafter. The problem is not settled at all. My mechanic thinks that this problem is may be caused by faulting solenoids. Nothing on the transmission was touched, strictly only the fluid pane and the filter, there is not been no manipulation of anything in the transmission. She was fine before the change of the fluid. Does anybody can give me his opinion? Please, HELPPPPPPP ... I found a link in audiworld.com which presents a similar case and where it says that the filter was the problem, the filter was almost identical, but with 10 mm longer in the filter pipe ... I think of it again while installing a filter that I want to purchase from the concessionaire with the serial number of the car to be sure it is the right part. Please, comment to see if anyone has seen this and what it can be done to solve this mess. Thank you...

2. 09-08-2015 01:04 PM #2
      Bump! Help, please...

3. 09-08-2015 11:24 PM #3
      No comments, nothing...

Ferndale, MI
      1999 BMW 528iT wagon, 1999 A4 1.8TQ, 1989 Fox Wagon (sold)
      09-09-2015 08:57 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by VWARGAS View Post
      No comments, nothing...
      try audizine.com

5. 10-08-2015 04:02 AM #5
      New transmission.

6. 10-08-2015 10:24 AM #6
      Firstly the manual states that these transmissions are sensitive and need the exact amount of fluid. Don't know how much on yours but they make it a point to say 1mm from the top of the fill hole for an s4 manual...

I cannot comment on the auto issue and the related filter. This will be a free bump for you.

How many miles were on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 10-08-2015 05:30 PM #7
      You're asking for help on a b6, this is a b5 forum

Don't feed the scene kids...

8. Member
      Savannah, GA
      MK3 VR6 Jetta, 1973 BMW 520, Triumph Bonneville T100
      10-31-2015 12:06 AM #8
      5 liters is almost certainly not enough if you are dropping the pan and changing the filter. Should be between 7 and 8 liters in your case. Crack the inspection plug at 36 C, then put it back in when the fluid drains to a faint stream.

For advertising information click HERE