Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: NBA League Pass

1. Member
      Vehicles
      FS:2004 Passat 1.8t 4motion; 2008 GTI
      10-03-2015 12:10 PM #1
      Last year with my $33/month sub I was able to pick 5 teams to watch LIVE and all teams a day later. Near the end of the season I took a survey that seemed to indicate there would be more options... to pay a little more of less depending on the content you wanted.

Well apparently League Pass has taken the all or nothing approach instead. Two tiers. Team Pass or League Pass. 1 team for $27/month or the entire league for $44/month.

It was hard enough for me, at times, to catch my 5 teams Live, so I can't really justify paying $11/month more for even more games I won't watch... so I decided to end my subscription. What I'll have to do is pick up the season a couple months in (no biggie) and pay roughly the same amount over the last 3 months as I did the 5 months last year...

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 MkV GTI
      10-14-2015 02:24 PM #2
      I can always get my NBA fill from ESPN and TNT. Plus Sundays on ABC later in the season.

I got league pass one season and I didn't watch nearly enough to justify it ever again.

The only team I would like to watch regularly is the Lakers but being on the east coast, games don't tip until around 10:45 and my eyes are usually closing right around that time.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      FS:2004 Passat 1.8t 4motion; 2008 GTI
      10-26-2015 06:06 PM #3
      I was the same way last year but I think I was able to catch enough games, out of my 5 teams, to where it didn't bother me. But the all or nothing of this year definitely doesn't make it worth it.
      I gave up cable so ESPN and TNT aren't an option

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      10-28-2015 11:52 AM #4
      Does anyone know if they still black out the streaming games if they are on ESPN/TNT/NBA Channel?

I would usually watch via apple tv but if the game was scheduled one of those cable channels it would be blacked out which sucks for me since I cut cable earlier this year.

10-29-2015 09:36 AM #5
      Unfortunately they do aghhh. Picked up single team LP this year for the Celtics. Love hearing Mike and Tommy.

Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      10-29-2015 11:50 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0smurf View Post
      Unfortunately they do aghhh. Picked up single team LP this year for the Celtics. Love hearing Mike and Tommy.
      Tommy H is still kicking? Such a hommer but love his enthusiasm.

I ended up signing up for the trial slingbox membership, was able to stream the ESPN game from my Mac to Apple TV. The Sling box app is worthless on both my ipad and iphone.

For advertising information click HERE