Interesting thing is that there is no fix available, however, while the DMV accepted the payment, they will not give the stickers until the vehicle is 'fixed'. They are welcome to come back to the DMV and extend for another 30 days for $50 additional but after the 30 days to get it fixed is over and the vehicle hasn't been, the vehicle will be inoperable as far as CA is concerned.
I don't know if VW is aware of this but if I was the owner, I would be not only calling VW immediately, but getting an injunction against CA DMV or whatever legal means necessary to not have the vehicle be held hostage.
As usual, the customer always gets shafted and this is in process it seems. When I first heard about the issue from one person, I thought it was a fluke but after another person had this issue just this week, it seems that VW has more of an issue on its hands than previously considered as CA is not waiting around.
Anyone else with this issue in CA experiencing this?