VWVortex.com - But "manspreading" is aggression and "toxic masculinity" needs to be stopped!!!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: But "manspreading" is aggression and "toxic masculinity" needs to be stopped!!!!

1. Member Sir UNBANNED_GERBIL M.B.'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      His+Hers= B&O, THXII, 16 cylinders, 72v, 8.7L, 815hp, 748lbft, torque vectoring, torsen, 28spks
      12-28-2015 09:33 AM #1
      Video in link. God damn people are insane

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/video-show...ocial_facebook

A woman who objected to a man sitting next to her on a Sydney train pulled out a chisel and threatened to stab him, according to a witness who recorded the terrifying Boxing Day encounter on a mobile phone.

The woman is shown in the footage advancing towards the man with the weapon and yelling "I'll stab you, dog!", before another male passenger tackles her onto the train seat and disarms her just after midday on Saturday.

The woman falls onto a young girl, who was sitting on an aisle seat on the the Bankstown Line train.

A witness said the dispute started because the woman, who was sitting next to the window, objected to the man sitting two seats away from her, on the aisle. There was a vacant seat between the pair.

Annie Huang, 22, had boarded the train at Campsie with her mother and boyfriend, who were planning to head to the city to go shopping.

She said the male passenger, who she did not know and who was of Chinese descent, also boarded at Campsie and sat down in the same aisle as the woman.

"I started hearing her say very rude things to him, like 'F*** off, don't sit next to me, move somewhere else'," Miss Huang said.

"He wasn't replying, he was just sitting there. She said 'Do you even speak English? Go back to your own country'. That was pretty much the gist of it. By the end of it, she just kept screaming 'Move! Move!"

Miss Huang said she then started filming the encounter because she was not sure what would happen.

The male passenger is shown in the footage appearing to lose his temper. He yells at the woman, points at her and takes a step towards her, before the woman leaves her seat and soon pulls the weapon from her pants.

The woman is shown in the footage saying "Hit a woman, you dog!" while advancing towards the man and making stabbing motions into the air. She is just centimetres from the young girl, who is being shielded by a woman, before a man in a white singlet pushes the alleged offender onto the seat.

"It shocked me [when the woman pulled out the weapon]," Miss Huang said.

"My mum was sitting next to me, I tried to move my mum [away]. I was really scared, and it was a huge relief when the guy in the singlet grabbed her and pushed her down."

Miss Huang said the train stopped at Canterbury train station until police and paramedics arrived.

Miss Huang said she later spoke to the man in the singlet, who said he could not just sit there while the man was targeted for no reason.

"He said that the Chinese man did nothing wrong. All he did was sit on the seat, and didn't even sit right next to the lady, and the lady just started yelling at him. He knew he had to do something," Miss Huang said.

A spokeswoman for NSW police said they were investigating an altercation between a man and a woman on a train at the weekend.

"Police from Ashfield Local Area Command are investigating the incident and are appealing for anyone who witnessed it, or the events leading up to it, to come forward," the spokeswoman said in a statement.

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2.5
      12-28-2015 10:23 AM #2
      a man in a white singlet

i finally have a fancy way to say "i'm wearing a wife beater".
      Quote Originally Posted by Saabstory02 View Post
      #ScopesupDon'tShoot
      #SquidLivesMatter
      Name change frenzy of '15. First willing victim.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 vw gli, 2010 vw gti
      12-28-2015 10:25 AM #3
      the video doesnt really show her only objecting to him sitting next to her. it seems like he wouldnt leave her alone and then she told him to leave

Vehicles
      S2000, Prius C
      12-28-2015 10:33 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomeBroke View Post
      i finally have a fancy way to say "i'm wearing a wife beater".
      "white singlet"... I like that.

5. Member Sir UNBANNED_GERBIL M.B.'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      His+Hers= B&O, THXII, 16 cylinders, 72v, 8.7L, 815hp, 748lbft, torque vectoring, torsen, 28spks
      12-28-2015 10:37 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by dunkadunkle View Post
      the video doesnt really show her only objecting to him sitting next to her. it seems like he wouldnt leave her alone and then she told him to leave
      Read the story then. More than one witness said she was being a c**t.

Vehicles
      S2000, Prius C
      12-28-2015 10:41 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Sir UNBANNED_GERBIL M.B. View Post
      Read the story then. More than one witness said she was being a c**t.
      If I encounter someone like that I usually just find a new seat. Generally trying to make yourself physically imposing and acting aggressive toward someone who has told you to leave them alone causes an unfavorable outcome.

Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      12-28-2015 10:57 AM #7
      a white singlet
      He was wearing a onesie?
      Quote Originally Posted by GruuvenNorth View Post
      ...and that's how the butthurt get their whiney ways.

12-28-2015 11:08 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by dunkadunkle View Post
      I'm reading this as there were three seats in one row and she had the window seat with the white singlet man on the aisle seat. If you are taking public transit you can't claim a row for one person. She got what she deserved
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R
      12-28-2015 11:37 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.DOH. View Post
      He was wearing a onesie?
      Must be a wrestler.
      Scotch. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      I want to start a fundamentalist bakery called "Let he who is without sin snatch the first scone"

Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi J53
      12-28-2015 11:55 AM #10
      Why are Australians so Xenophobic?
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

11. Member Sir UNBANNED_GERBIL M.B.'s Avatar
      Vehicles
      12-28-2015 12:18 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      She looks aboriginal. From what Tumblr tells us, minorities can't be racist

12-28-2015 12:23 PM #12
      Meh, typical crazies on public transit. You have two options in dealing with them, ignore with potential of physically neutralizing the situation if necessary or get up and simply move or go to the next car.

12-28-2015 12:32 PM #13
      From what I gather to Aussies the Asians are the down under equivalent of Mexicans. Stealen our jerbs mate!

#aboriginallivesmatter
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Vehicles
      '13 Suzuki Kizashi S 6MT, '12 Honda Pilot EX-L
      12-28-2015 12:38 PM #14
      Um, WTF is she doing with a chisel in her pocket? Scribbling notes on a tablet?
      My 500px
      My flickr
      "The best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it." - Harry S. Truman

Vehicles
      S2000, Prius C
      12-28-2015 01:06 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by RENOG View Post
      Meh, typical crazies on public transit. You have two options in dealing with them, ignore with potential of physically neutralizing the situation if necessary or get up and simply move or go to the next car.
      This. I was on the train once when some woman tried to stab another woman with a screwdriver. Similar to this situation, a stranger promptly took it from her and calmed her down.

Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      12-28-2015 01:13 PM #16
      Another outrage-of-the-day thread. Some of you people just look for stuff to get upset about.

While the referenced article is kind of a trainwreck (pun intended), 'manspreading' is a real thing and guys who can't sit (in a car, on a train, on a plane, or anywhere else) without spreading their knees apart need to either find better underwear, or just stand. Whining about how your balls need 'space' makes you look like a selfish moron who was never taught any social graces.

These are actual signs in the NY subway cars:

Vehicles
      16 GTI 6MT SE w/ LP, PP and DCC
      12-28-2015 01:14 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post
      Um, WTF is she doing with a chisel in her pocket? Scribbling notes on a tablet?
      Probably just paranoid and I am sure unlike carrying a knife it's probably legal.

The dude though should have backed off.

He was trying to physically intimidate her in the first part of the video then he gets up and starts to follow her as she walks away.

Vehicles
      C30 SR71
      12-28-2015 01:30 PM #18
      We need to ban chisel.
      Quote Originally Posted by TCL
      No signature for you.

Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi J53
      12-28-2015 01:36 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Vette View Post
      We need to ban chisel.
      If we're gonna stop chisels we need to stop hammer time as well.
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

Vehicles
      S2000, Prius C
      12-28-2015 01:39 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post
      Another outrage-of-the-day thread. Some of you people just look for stuff to get upset about.

While the referenced article is kind of a trainwreck (pun intended), 'manspreading' is a real thing and guys who can't sit (in a car, on a train, on a plane, or anywhere else) without spreading their knees apart need to either find better underwear, or just stand. Whining about how your balls need 'space' makes you look like a selfish moron who was never taught any social graces.

These are actual signs in the NY subway cars:
      Screw these feminazis trying to ban masculinity. Part of being a man is showing everyone how big you balls are by keeping your legs spread as wide as possible and occupying as much space as possible.

Vehicles
      2015 Outback
      12-28-2015 01:50 PM #21
      I must not use public transportation enough, this is the first I've heard of "manspreading".
      -Matt

Vehicles
      C30 SR71
      12-28-2015 01:51 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Screw these feminazis trying to ban masculinity. Part of being a man is showing everyone how big you balls are by keeping your legs spread as wide as possible and occupying as much space as possible.
      This.
      Quote Originally Posted by TCL
      No signature for you.

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2.5
      12-28-2015 01:58 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by OOOO-A3 View Post

i would like to amend this.

guys who can't sit without spreading need to learn how to do so without taking up too much space. it is entirely possible to give the boys some room without taking up more than one spot.
      Quote Originally Posted by Saabstory02 View Post
      #ScopesupDon'tShoot
      #SquidLivesMatter
      Name change frenzy of '15. First willing victim.

Vehicles
      2011 Fiesta SES HB, 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 1996 GTI hoopty
      12-28-2015 03:00 PM #24
      If we're gonna stop chisels we need to stop hammer time as well.
      Wait, I thought we were supposed to collaborate and listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by jamie@vwvortex
      I'm not grouping everyone together - I would have said everyone in this forum is a moron.

Vehicles
      2011 Fiesta SES HB, 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 1996 GTI hoopty
      12-28-2015 03:02 PM #25
      i would like to amend this.

guys who can't sit without spreading need to learn how to do so without taking up too much space. it is entirely possible to give the boys some room without taking up more than one spot.
      Look at it this way, if you're on a bus, subway, etc. during the summer, do you really want to look over at another guy's hairy clockweights? Hell no. Sure, the boys need some space, but that doesn't mean to let them go free range.
      Quote Originally Posted by jamie@vwvortex
      I'm not grouping everyone together - I would have said everyone in this forum is a moron.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast