VWVortex.com - Next SBR, help me decided before 41F implementation.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Next SBR, help me decided before 41F implementation.

1. 01-05-2016 01:32 PM #1
      41p has been implemented to require photos and finger prints for all trustees... which complicates things for me a bit.

so before that happens I plan on at least one more form 1 SBR and a form 1 can. I've already submitted 2 cans (.223 and 9mm) and a SBR (11.5" ar)

so... help me decided how to spend my money.

or something like this.

the ranch hand will be .357 and threaded so I can shoot .38 threw the 9mm suppressor I have submitted.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      01-05-2016 02:47 PM #2
      You have until July... It's gonna be a bitch for me too, two of my trustees are in another state and I'm sure my wife will be ecstatic to have her prints/photo taken.

I need to order a pistol and rifle can. Speaking of making the wife ecstatic.

3. 01-05-2016 02:51 PM #3
      yeah, mine are my two brothers and one lives in a different state.... I'll defiantly have to bribe him somehow...

the one upside to it is, once the photos and prints are submitted you only have to resubmit if you haven't made a purchase in 2 years... so excuse to buy at least one a year

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      01-05-2016 04:54 PM #4
      What do you think about the CZ Scorpion? It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the SIG.

I'm a SIG guy, but I'm leaning towards the CZ. I know it's an older design and all - but SIG USA's track record of late has been a bit on the shady side.

Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      01-05-2016 05:10 PM #5
      In case you haven't seen it.

clif notes - If you're going suppressed the CZ is the better option. No gasface.

6. 01-06-2016 09:13 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      What do you think about the CZ Scorpion? It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the SIG.

I'm a SIG guy, but I'm leaning towards the CZ. I know it's an older design and all - but SIG USA's track record of late has been a bit on the shady side.
      was the 922r parts count issue of the CZ ever resolved?

at one point I had a good reason to lean towards the MPX, but I can't remember it now ... and with the price difference in magazines alone make it a pretty strong contender....

Vehicles
      13' 500 Abarth
      01-06-2016 09:44 PM #7
      I'd go with the CZ simply because its so much cheaper than the MPX. Plus Sig can't seem to do things that aren't pistols right. I've heard there's a big stink over the upcoming Gen 2 MPX, something about it getting better mags that aren't compatible with the Gen 1 and something about the caliber change kit.
      Build model cars? Race RC cars? Check out Central Ohio's best hobby shop

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      01-06-2016 09:56 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by dj age one View Post
      was the 922r parts count issue of the CZ ever resolved?

at one point I had a good reason to lean towards the MPX, but I can't remember it now ... and with the price difference in magazines alone make it a pretty strong contender....
      CZ USA released a 922r SBR compliance kit.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail...ding-Stock-Kit

I'm pretty sure you can get the EVO, 922r SBR kit, and a Tax Stamp for less than the SIG.
      Last edited by NoDubJustYet; 01-06-2016 at 10:02 PM.

9. 01-07-2016 02:01 AM #9
      MPX. I don't care about what the reviews or how much cheaper the CZ is. Can you get different cans too for the different caliber barrels becoming available for the MPX?

10. 01-07-2016 09:37 AM #10

Pretty strong contender....

No love for the ranch hand though? I don't have a lever action and supresses 38spl is silly, movie quiet.

11. 01-11-2016 03:53 PM #11
      OK... so I've decided on the CZ...

now where do I find one

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      01-11-2016 09:48 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by dj age one View Post
      OK... so I've decided on the CZ...

now where do I find one
      Thanks Obama.

13. 01-12-2016 11:37 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      Thanks Obama.
      no kidding.

I might have to contact my FFL and see if he can get one.

I didn't imagine they would be quite as popular as they are..

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      01-12-2016 11:59 AM #14
      There are a few listings on Gunwatcher and Slickguns.

I can't believe how fast NFA type items have sold over the last week. Easy SBR candidates and cans have disappeared.

15. 01-12-2016 02:47 PM #15
      I'm on 3 back order notifications now.. atlantic, PSA and Kentucky gun company

16. His Royal Highness Bruce of Netheregions (the lesser) LangsamKafer's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2015 Equinox
      01-15-2016 04:27 PM #16
      Don't know if you guys saw, 41F was published today, so the effective date will be July 13 and new rules will apply for all ATF applications not already approved or pending on that date.

17. 01-16-2016 04:20 PM #17
      well, in the search of not finding a CZ, I think I changed my mind again.

I ran across the Masterpiece arms DMG930, a mac 11 ish clone that uses glock mags..

I'll probably be going this route and I've emailed MPA to see if they offer engraving (just get it sent to me with the trust engraving already done so it'll match the rest of the marks)

From every thing I've read they're very well built and very reliable. does make a smaller configuration then the scorpion or MPX thats for sure.

18. 01-26-2016 10:56 AM #18
      I ordered the 935dmg with engraving. nice people. two week wait in that same color.

19. 01-27-2016 02:58 AM #19
      Curious to see how it runs...I generally don't have a lot of faith in the smaller boutique companies. They always create cool stuff that tends not to work so well.

20. 01-28-2016 02:51 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Curious to see how it runs...I generally don't have a lot of faith in the smaller boutique companies. They always create cool stuff that tends not to work so well.
      I generally agree, but its really just a updated MAC 11... not a new or complex design by any stretch.

everything I could find the machining from them is top notch.

it is something different, I mean it would have been much easier to just do another AR lower I know would have been fine... but I figured hell why not.

plus it'll be a pistol first so I can run the hell out of it before submitting a form 1.

21. 02-14-2016 05:47 PM #21
      It came in on thursday. I didn't get a change to get it from my FFL till friday night.

it came with a magpul glock mag, which fits fine, drops free and functions well, as you would expect from the combo of glock and magpul. the first thing you notice is its weight. its a heavy little gun. second thing you notice is that charging handle (side and non reciprocating) takes a bit to work it, though after I fired it for a while it got much easier to function.

I added my primary arms advanced micro dot, a quick cleaning and inspection, all is well. very simply built and tough. re-assembled and off to the range. the red dot windage was dead on, the elevation took a little adjustment..

I'm actually very amazed with the accuracy from this little thing. to be honest I wasn't expecting much but I was popping orange clays at 80 or so yards off hand no problem which is something I can't do with any other handgun. it is funky to hold if you try and use the handguard, I ended up just shooting it like any other pistol and it's really pretty easy. it has a stouter recoil then I anticipated, its more visceral then say, a XD9 or my 9mm AR. those just function smoothly. this thing you can tell is a bit less.... refined. fans of the AK would like it.

I ran almost 200 rounds threw it, fairly quickly, with nothing resembling a malfunction. it has a peculiar ejection pattern... 30 feet to the right . it also ejects a very small amount of gas out the charging handle port. we'll see how that works out when my suppressor stamp comes in.

the grip is comfortable I thought at first the finger groves might be a bit funky but they work well and are comfortable, and the grip angle is great, I like it better then the non existant grip angle of a regular MAC.

the only downside is they didn't do the engraving I asked them too. it seemed like they were unsure about it, even though it is just a pistol with a trust engraving the woman on the phone sounded... unsure. they didn't charge me for it, I just wish they had told me before so I knew to expect it... oh well, I have some 1/16th number/letter punches and theres lots of inconspicuous space to engrave it myself. no biggie I just would have liked it to match.

so, cool little gun overall, I don't expect it to be anything but a range toy, and I think with a suppressor and stock it will be a lot of fun.... different for sure.

as for the scorpion, there are none in the country till the gen 2 comes out which could be months away. I just couldn't wait that long.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      07-15-2016 09:45 PM #22
      Some good info on 41F: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...fe-nfa-branch/

What a freaking mess.

23. 07-30-2016 01:28 PM #23
      I still haven't gotten back the SBR stamp on that one its been over 4 months, the other 3 took 4 months almost to the day...

I ended up submitting 2 more suppressor stamps before the 41f cut off.

anyway, picks for clicks I built this little shorty for my SBR.

under my suppressed 11.5

goddamn blast master. if you don't hit them with the bullet the muzzle blast will pop their eyeballs out

For advertising information click HERE