VWVortex.com - Budget Mk1 HPDE build - feedback.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Budget Mk1 HPDE build - feedback.

Vehicles
      '81 Scirocco ABA
      01-10-2016 07:13 PM #1
      Hey gang,

Been out of the VW scene for a long time, and just recently got myself an '81 Scirocco because I missed having a nimble car.

I've already collected the majority of parts I need for an ABA swap, but I'm thinking of all-around budget-minded performance for this car, and I could use some feedback. This is what I've got planned...

Orange = I already have it.

ENGINE/DRIVELINE:
      OBD1 ABA
      Full refresh (rings, main and rod bearings)
      Head decked .050", match ported/cleaned (I don't have the patience to fully port it)
      020 w/ spring-pack pseudo-LSD, ARP ring gear bolts, L/W flywheel, Sachs clutch & PP
      TT 276 cam + adj gear (adv to compensate for head deck), TT chip, TT/PowerSprint 2.25" catless exhaust
      L/W engine pulleys

SUSPENSION:
      Autopower roll bar
      Eurosport Fr/Rr upper tie bars
      Eurosport Fr lower tie bar
      ST swaybars (22mm front, 25mm rear)

Either H&R Cup Kit or ST coilovers (really need advice here...)
      14" snowflakes on 205/55/14 Nitto NT01 rubber

...I think that's the main idea. I have almost everything, just a few more pieces to buy. But I'd love some feedback on the overall build, suspension settings for a fast road/HPDE car, what to expect as far as speed/handling, what you might do differently (remember, this is a very low budget build!). Thanks so much in advance!

Oh...and a seat!!! I'm a bit too tall for the current setup (S2 steering wheel and S2 seats). I am looking for a smaller wheel to clear my legs, and I need to know what seats might sit lower in the body. Are G60 seats the way to go here? I'm about 6'1" and my head is hitting the roof!
      Last edited by URIN 2ND; 01-10-2016 at 07:18 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by SGLoki View Post
      I believe rupaul is the tallest trans.

For advertising information click HERE