VWVortex.com - Killed at open mic night...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killed at open mic night...

1. 02-02-2016 09:42 AM #1
      An Oregon teenager shocked a crowd at a coffee shop last week when he stabbed himself to death on stage after singing at an open mic night.

Kipp Rusty Walker, 19, took the stage at Strictly Organic Coffee in the town of Bend, Or. on Thursday to perform a song he called "Sorry for the Mess."

When he finished playing, he pulled out a knife with a double-edged 6 inch blade and stabbed himself multiple times in the chest in front of a confused crowd of roughly 15 people. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...ticle-1.116121

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      02-02-2016 09:44 AM #2
      I feel bad for the people that had to see that.
      "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta 2.5
      02-02-2016 09:46 AM #3
      man..... i'd hate to have to follow that act. he killed it.

i am a terrible person.

4. Senior Member
      02-02-2016 09:50 AM #4
      Remember Dick Shawn? He was the lifeguard son of Ethel Merman in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Died after suffering a heart attach on stage. Took a while for people to realize it wasn't part of the act.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-04-...9_1_dick-shawn

"He literally was probably on the stage five minutes until it was realized that it was serious," said Tom Wartelle of San Diego, a member of the audience of about 500. "The stagehand came out several times and obviously thought it was part of the act.

"It all blended in very well," Wartelle added. "There were comments from the audience like, 'Take his wallet!' Finally a doctor came from back of the wings, felt for his pulse and realized something had happened. He flipped him over. The audience reaction by then was, 'Boy, this is out of taste.' "

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 MkV GTI
      02-02-2016 09:53 AM #5
      "Sorry For The Mess" . . . nice

Vehicles
      2013 Volt; 1/35th of a Model ☰
      02-02-2016 10:00 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubjb View Post
      a song he called "Sorry for the Mess."
      a knife with a double-edged 6 inch blade and stabbed himself multiple times in the chest
      Interesting mix of emo and hardcore.

7. 02-02-2016 10:09 AM #7
      a true showman
      this kid is going plac....never mind
      "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

Ronald Reagan

Vehicles
      '13 Suzuki Kizashi S Manuel, '12 Honda Pilot EX-L Family Truckster
      02-02-2016 10:14 AM #8
      WTF is with people? My wife and I just had this conversation regarding suicide.

You're depressed and want to off yourself, that's fine, that's your prerogative. But do the public a favor and run off into the deep woods and down a bottle of pills with some vodka. Or pull your Toyota in the garage and shut the door. But just don't terrorize people with visions of your own demise by swan diving from a bridge, jumping in front of a bus or stabbing yourself at an open mic night! And for the love of god, don't traumatize your family by having them find your brains on the wall or you swaying from beam. Make your suicide your own secluded, painless private affair.
      My 500px
      My flickr

#FreeUncleSwagga

9. 02-02-2016 10:27 AM #9
      We had a guy hang himself in his tool shed in the backyard in my neighborhood when I was in my teens. His 17 year old daughter found him. She's pretty messed up.

Then I had a buddy in high school who's grandmother lost her husband to cancer so she went out to his old wood shop, turned on his table saw and fell backwards onto the spinning blade, severing her own head... with a 1/4" kerf of course
      "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

Ronald Reagan

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GTI
      02-02-2016 10:30 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot762 View Post
      We had a guy hang himself in his tool shed in the backyard in my neighborhood when I was in my teens. His 17 year old daughter found him. She's pretty messed up.

Then I had a buddy in high school who's grandmother lost her husband to cancer so she went out to his old wood shop, turned on his table saw and fell backwards onto the spinning blade, severing her own head... with a 1/4" kerf of course
      WTF?! That is beyond messed up.

Vehicles
      00' VR6T 12' V6 TDI .............................72' 914-6
      02-02-2016 10:34 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post

You're depressed and want to off yourself, that's fine, that's your prerogative. But do the public a favor and run off into the deep woods and down a bottle of pills with some vodka. Or pull your Toyota in the garage and shut the door. But just don't terrorize people with visions of your own demise by swan diving from a bridge, jumping in front of a bus or stabbing yourself at an open mic night! And for the love of god, don't traumatize your family by having them find your brains on the wall or you swaying from beam. Make your suicide your own secluded, painless private affair.
      THIS.

seriously, what kind of F'd in the head moran does this kind of selfish sh1t!?!?!?!
      Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      The boobs. I am waiting on the boobs here.

Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      02-02-2016 10:50 AM #12

APC's "The Outsider" comes to mind:

The last lines in particular:

"Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet at a time
      What's your hurry, everyone will have his day to die
      If you choose to pull the trigger, should your drama prove sincere,
      Do it somewhere far away from here!"
      Quote Originally Posted by GruuvenNorth View Post
      ...and that's how the butthurt get their whiney ways.

02-02-2016 10:59 AM #13
      A guy in the local "scene" threw himself out his apartment window to make a meat splatter on a major ave. He had enough pills to put a hundred people to sleep for good and owned a pistol. Instead he choose to off himself with a bloody mess during morning rush hour.

IMO we should starting billing the estates for the cleanup cost as well as fines for inconvenience. If there is any money left to inherit those looking to collect should be responsible to pay the fines.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

Vehicles
      '07 Mini Cooper S, '91 318is Frankenstien With a built eta swap.
      02-02-2016 11:02 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by You'reDrunk View Post
      THIS.

seriously, what kind of F'd in the head moran does this kind of selfish sh1t!?!?!?!
      What an inane question. They're planning to kill themselves. Clearly, they're already in the range of "not good" for mental health.
      All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Vehicles
      02-02-2016 11:28 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Robstr View Post
      What an inane question. They're planning to kill themselves. Clearly, they're already in the range of "not good" for mental health.
      they had to cognitively put together a plan and then execute it.....how "crazy" are they??? sorry, not buying it.

the only good thing is he's dead, and we now don't have to pay medical or mental health for him.

we need these:

Larry
      Demokratikally Elekted Minister of Shekels of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan

16. Senior Member
      02-02-2016 11:38 AM #16
      ... and run off into the deep woods ...

But just don't terrorize people with visions of your own demise by swan diving from a bridge ...
      Wendy O. Williams went off into the woods. Before that, she tried to hammer a knife into her chest. I never knew that she was in the UConn area a few years after I passed through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_O._Williams

I've gone over the Tappan Zee bridge probably hundreds of times. Only noticed a few years ago that there is a suicide hotline sign on the bridge.

Vehicles
      02-02-2016 11:40 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      A guy in the local "scene" threw himself out his apartment window to make a meat splatter on a major ave. He had enough pills to put a hundred people to sleep for good and owned a pistol. Instead he choose to off himself with a bloody mess during morning rush hour.

IMO we should starting billing the estates for the cleanup cost as well as fines for inconvenience. If there is any money left to inherit those looking to collect should be responsible to pay the fines.
      Not to mention, people who jump from buildings can and do land on people...killing them too. And for those who want to jump from high places...watch the documentary on the golden gate bridge jumpers. Of the people they interview who survived the fall immediately regretted their decision on the way down. All their problems were minuscule/solvable as soon as impending death was looming.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 02-02-2016 at 11:43 AM.
      My 500px
      My flickr

#FreeUncleSwagga

Vehicles
      2013 Volt; 1/35th of a Model ☰
      02-02-2016 11:41 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by You'reDrunk View Post
      they had to cognitively put together a plan and then execute it.....how "crazy" are they??? sorry, not buying it.
      Being depressed, bipolar, or any number of other conditions does NOT make you incapable of putting together a plan and executing it. It alters your judgement so that things seem rational that "normal" people would not find rational. Brain chemistry, or inherited defects, or tumors, or traumatic brain injury affect judgement and behavior. That's a fact whether or not you "buy" it.

Vehicles
      02-02-2016 11:47 AM #19
      you gais are soooo easy to troll....it's not even fun anymore....
      Larry

20. 02-02-2016 12:06 PM #20
      Yep. That's selfish and idiotic. Good riddance.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      DD: Mazda3 O: Explorer | Uncertified Preowned: Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      02-02-2016 12:18 PM #21

You're thinking of it from a "rational" standpoint. Generally, suicide is highly selfish because it revolves around their world, no one else's. Because they are selfish, suicide attempts will be where people can see them. "See what I'm gonna do?! Because no one loves me! Someone has to know!" Or whatever excuse they come up with. The attention-seeking suicides (in my not clinical opinion) aren't really suicides. They're stupid mistakes propped up by fear and pride.

There are a lot of suicides that are done "right," if you will. Junior Seau. Dick Trickle (racer).

Now, people who fail at suicides... don't get me started on those.
      Last edited by GreenandChrome; 02-02-2016 at 12:21 PM.
      Professional Thread Derailer
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// blog //// instagram //// FatManHikes

22. 02-02-2016 12:37 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by moose82 View Post
      WTF?! That is beyond messed up.
      So was the wood shop

Ronald Reagan

Vehicles
      02-02-2016 12:39 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You're thinking of it from a "rational" standpoint. Generally, suicide is highly selfish because it revolves around their world, no one else's. Because they are selfish, suicide attempts will be where people can see them. "See what I'm gonna do?! Because no one loves me! Someone has to know!" Or whatever excuse they come up with. The attention-seeking suicides (in my not clinical opinion) aren't really suicides. They're stupid mistakes propped up by fear and pride.

There are a lot of suicides that are done "right," if you will. Junior Seau. Dick Trickle (racer).

Now, people who fail at suicides... don't get me started on those.
      You're probably onto something. But Seau's wasn't done right IMHO. A shotgun to the chest is still a mess to clean up for loved ones. Why do this? You live on the ocean, go for a long, long swim, then swim down.

And if my name was Dick Trickle, I'd contemplate suicide too.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 02-02-2016 at 12:42 PM.
      My 500px
      My flickr

#FreeUncleSwagga

Vehicles
      SMC/CRV
      02-02-2016 12:47 PM #24
      Tool fans.

Vehicles
      2001 Tial605 Nogaro S4
      02-02-2016 12:50 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomeBroke View Post
      man..... i'd hate to have to follow that act. he killed it.

i am a terrible person.
      *slow clap*

But offing yourself at 20?? Come on. Granted I don't know his struggles in life but damn I wish I could be 20 again.
      Quote Originally Posted by bluerabbit0886 View Post
      A friend of mine is at law school at Gonzaga. He says Spokane is a real **** show. Florida of the Pacific Northwest...
      Quote Originally Posted by iammclovin804 View Post
      You've obviously never driven a Sebring. Most exciting car ever.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast