Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Sig Sauer P250

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      MK3 Golf GL, 2006 Scion tC
      02-04-2016 11:52 PM #1
      I'm going to be picking up a 9mm sub compact for ccw and for a glove box gun. Anyone else have one or shot one? I think I'm in love. That is one sweet double action trigger, as double action triggers go.

2. 02-05-2016 12:52 AM #2
      The P250 has not been received well. I don't imagine you'll find a lot of supporters for it. If it fits you, runs reliably and you can hit stuff with it - go nuts.

Vehicles
      2015 Audi S4, 1996 Ford Bronco EB
      02-05-2016 10:51 AM #3
      My dad has one. I like the gun. Yes the trigger is very sweet for a DA trigger. Only drawback is its a very long pull and has a pretty long reset too. Its very revolver like.

But its a good gun, will shoot all day long and if you're looking for a DA gun, is probably one of the best out there from that respect.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
      02-05-2016 01:49 PM #4
      Walther CCP or the PK380 (if you can deal with 380) are both outstanding reliable CC pistols. I have a PK380 for CC and love it. Extremely reliable and isn't picky on the type of ammo I use. It's also one of the most accurate pistols I've ever owned.

Walther

Vehicles
      04 .:R. 87 325IC/M50
      02-05-2016 02:31 PM #5
      I bought one of these right when they came out, I bought in to all of the hype over them. I've put about 1k rounds down through it and while I don't LOVE it I really respect it for what it is. modular sub compact that will just work when you want it you cant really go wrong with it. Would I pick it up again? Sure, why not. I would definitely shop around before I dove in again though.
      FWIW Mine is the sub-compact chambered in .357 sig I have the compact barrel for it but it's really wonky with the sub-compact frame I would stick to a universal frame/barrel setup they come with from the box.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02-05-2016 05:02 PM #6
      Thanks for the input guys. It sounds like all of the research I've done Ida pretty much being reiterated, which is good. I've heard too much good for me not to try it for $400 from a dealer brand new in box. And I think sigs just look like sick combat pistols.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      02-05-2016 06:51 PM #7
      Why not the SIG P320?
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Gotta keep right on the 'Ring. German road rules apply.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoDubJustYet View Post
      I think you and I have mentioned this one a few times over the years.
      Might as well just make it our signatures at this point.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02-05-2016 08:20 PM #8
      Price. And I have heard that a lot of people still preferred the trigger on the p250, and having a hammer and the ability to keep pulling the trigger without having to eject the bullet gives it the advantage of a revolver. It's almost the ideal carry pistol on paper for my needs.

I'm also excited to just own a Sig. I have a glock 22 and I think the pair of firearms is going to be perfect, other than me getting the sig in 9mm. And before anyone asks why, it's so I can have the same cartridge as my fiancé's carry weapon.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      02-05-2016 08:31 PM #9
      Whatever floats your boat.
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

Vehicles
      5 VW's, TJ, Escape 2.0l
      02-05-2016 11:39 PM #10
      Funny to see this thread, I just bought a P250 compact 9mm from a co-worker and have been doing lots of research the past few days. There is a 1st and 2nd gen model, they changed the grips and the mags are not interchangeable, unless you change the base plates. The one I bought is a 1st gen and I'm going to buy the 2nd gen frame for ~$40 so I can use the more common 2nd gen P250/P320 mags. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but the trigger pull isn't bad.

Here's the differences between models

and here is the one I just bought

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02-06-2016 09:10 AM #11
      Thanks for the heads up. I'm getting the sub compact, but I'm thinking the differences are going to be similar. I'm buying my gun from a Sig dealer, so I hope it's a gen 2.

Vehicles
      '92 Caprice Classic white, '12 Jetta GLI M/T PGM
      02-06-2016 10:39 AM #12
      I like mine a lot, I'm a DAO fan. I have one as a 380 compact/45 compact x change. My magazine springs seem to have short lives, but everything else is good. Metal sights being standard and the rear having that tactical cocking ledge=very good. Field strip/detailed cleaning is extremely easy. Another sig you should look at is the p290RS(re strike)

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02-06-2016 06:41 PM #13
      I have seen the 290s going for decent prices, I'll have to look into them. Like I said, $400 from a Sig dealer brand new, it's a no brainer to at least try it out. I do wish it had the night sights, but If I like the gun maybe I'll upgrade. haha.

EDIT: And being able to buy new frames for only $40 is a bonkers advantage.

14. 02-07-2016 12:10 PM #14
      Just remember, if that round fails to fire...don't start yanking on the trigger thinking subsequent hammer hits will save you. We had this feature on the LEM HK's we carried and while it's perhaps a decent backup plan by accident, definitely strip that round out and get onto a proper one. Unlike a revolver, it isn't chambering a new round (which is fine if you had a dud/bad primer). Last thing you want to do is drop the hammer on a dead round five times while another guy puts bullets into you.

Vehicles
      MkV GTI
      02-07-2016 12:18 PM #15
      ^very good point
      كافر
      Save the Nürburgring!

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02-07-2016 10:29 PM #16
      Of course. I haven't heard of many issues at all with the 9mm being picky about the ammo that it eats anyways. I always shoot at least some sort of brass ammo, never steel unless I find a deal I can't turn down.

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02-10-2016 11:05 PM #17
      Glock 19 Gen 3. I just couldn't pass it up. The guy I bought it off of bought it new, never carried it, and only put 2 mags through it. It doesn't have a single scuff or abrasion. It's basically brand new. I love it. I like the size and the feel of the gun much more than my g22. I can't wait to shoot it. He ended up keeping the night sights, but it's no big deal.

The 147 grain winchester JHPs are only temporary until I order some good ones. Better than FMJs in the meantime. I'll just shoot them off when I get good stuff.

Got a dog today too. Full blood bernese mountain dog. It was a 'Murica kinda day. Lol.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      85 & 91 Jetta 8V
      03-03-2016 04:47 AM #18
      I have the subcompact P250 in 9mm and Sig factory night sights that I carry in the summer. I also have the compact version in 45 acp. The trigger is very long, but smooth. You just have to stage it for longer range accuracy. Reminds me of a very light, but long revolver trigger. In a real self defense situation at typical closer ranges it should do fine, but it's not something you'll be very accurate with at 20 yards.

The strange thing is that even though the subcompact has a short grip when you lay it on top of a Glock 19 the overall dimensions are basically the same because the Sig has a higher bore axis that takes away from the short grip. The weight difference isn't much between the P250 subcompact and Glock 19 either. You would think the Glock 19 is a lot bigger and heavier than the subcompact Sig P250, but they are basically the same. The Sig feels better in my hand though. Especially the compact version. The subcompact Sig P250 versions conceals better than the Glock 19. That's why I use it in the summer. The new striker fired P320 seems to solve the P250 trigger issues, but I haven't bought one of those yet because I'm waiting for the prices to drop a little. I got both of my P250 pistols brand new for only $399. At that price it's a good buy. The P320 should drop to around $450 soon.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      85 & 91 Jetta 8V
      03-03-2016 04:55 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Just remember, if that round fails to fire...don't start yanking on the trigger thinking subsequent hammer hits will save you. We had this feature on the LEM HK's we carried and while it's perhaps a decent backup plan by accident, definitely strip that round out and get onto a proper one. Unlike a revolver, it isn't chambering a new round (which is fine if you had a dud/bad primer). Last thing you want to do is drop the hammer on a dead round five times while another guy puts bullets into you.
      I have a P250 in 45 acp and I reload my own ammo. I got a batch of extra hard Winchester primers that was causing about 5% failures to fire. I was just shooting at the range and knew what the problem was so I just pulled the trigger again and they all fired the 2nd time. I would never suggest anyone to do that in an actual self defense situation unless you have no other options, but just at the range to get rid of some bad primers go ahead and do it. Saves time and work in having to pull the ammo apart later on. I've learned my lesson and I never buy Winchester primers anymore. Since then I've used CCI primers and it's been 100% reliable. Let that be a lesson to anyone out there wanting to carry factory Winchester ammo. I suggest you don't because their quality is not as good as it used to be. Especially with the primers they make. Same primers used in their self defense ammo I would imagine.
      Last edited by Safety_Joe; 03-03-2016 at 05:11 AM.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      85 & 91 Jetta 8V
      03-03-2016 04:59 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by MK3matters View Post
      Glock 19 Gen 3. I just couldn't pass it up. The guy I bought it off of bought it new, never carried it, and only put 2 mags through it. It doesn't have a single scuff or abrasion. It's basically brand new. I love it. I like the size and the feel of the gun much more than my g22. I can't wait to shoot it. He ended up keeping the night sights, but it's no big deal.

The 147 grain winchester JHPs are only temporary until I order some good ones. Better than FMJs in the meantime. I'll just shoot them off when I get good stuff.

Got a dog today too. Full blood bernese mountain dog. It was a 'Murica kinda day. Lol.
      I carry one of those Glock 19 pistols with a viridian c5l green laser / white light attached to it in a IWB hybrid holster that has ECR technology that turns on the green laser and light as soon as the gun comes out of the holster. There's no need to push any buttons or have any strange grip actuators. Here's a link to the holster. https://theisholsters.com/viridian.php

Last edited by Safety_Joe; 03-03-2016 at 05:02 AM.

For advertising information click HERE